a reply to: Bassago
My god, reading this post gave me a headache. You ironically epitomised everything wrong with the US (and UK) at the moment; without even realising
Listen to yourself mate: YOU'RE creating this left/right hyperbole. YOU'RE defining the boundaries. YOU'RE giving credence to an imaginary war.
Furthermore, the energy you represent when you say things like "oh you want war yeah? We will #### you up lefties because we know how to use guns
better" is the exact thing this proposed 'left' is so afraid of in the proposed 'right'; the will to jump to violence and conflict to resolve
differences in opinion. It's obviously NEVER the answer unless one is literally attacked first.
Hear me out dude. As a Brit I've followed your country very closely over the years. I believe it's suffered the same ill fate as my own island has.
The war isn't between left/right or conservative/liberal. Are we honestly going to pretend the complexity of a modern human can be simply summed up by
a singular label? The more we entertain that notion, the harder we make it to reach compromise; and hence why our democratic systems tend to just
swing like a pendulum and not actually show social unity or satisfaction ultimately improve.
The war is between a dedicated set of career politicians and our people, and it is in every one of their interests for me and you to get lost in this
silly debate of left/right rather than to wake up and smell the roses for what they are:
- our countries are not feeding our tax money back into the system appropriately and have not done for decades.
- our countries are not attempting to help social unity but rather choose to treat the people as nothing more than consumers.
- our countries are basing their foreign policy on a hidden system of tax scams and crony capitalism via selective subcontracting which is literally
tearing the middle east apart.
- our views as a collective simply cannot be captured sufficiently through the current method of democracy and yet nothing is being done to address
it. We treat it like a football season.
- our war on crime and drugs is clearly not working and it is actually harming our countries. Our countries are choosing to profit through private
prisons rather than to address the conditions that cause crime or the type of reform required to alleviate it.
- our economies do not work for us as the people anymore; because our countries have been slice by slice sold off to international and private
national interests, and therefore we are now at the mercy of our governments; who will take part in venture capitalism rather than the improvement of
the nation itself. We also lose what little benefit of income tax we already had.
- happiness is not increasing, quality of life is not increasing, cost of life is however increasing and so is the rate of mental illness. Meanwhile
our countries continue to abuse or strip our health systems and increase income tax and/or lower corporate tax.
- our rights are slowly but surely being stripped from us on a decade by decade basis, and yet at the same time crime and social unrest can be
considered greater than it has been for many years.
- our education systems are massively failing, and yet no significant amount of money is going into improving it. We are spending that money
rebuilding schools we blew up or investing in foreign infrastructure projects.
- our policing systems are massively failing and yet we continue to repeat the same flaws as highlighted in the previous point.
There's much more but I'm too tired and feel like a broken record. The point is my friend, whether you use your tongue or your M16 to destroy leftie
John down your street, in reality NONE of the above will change. The last 50 years of left/right back and forth have made this as clear as bloody
It's not until the masses truly take a step back from this tunnel visioned idea of left vs right that they will see the larger picture of what is
happening to SOCIETY AS A WHOLE. We are a unit.
If you work on these ills of society (the pink elephant in the room) the other pieces that seem to dominate left vs right discussion will actually
start to fall into place in their own way. I understand that this is hard to imagine considering the current state of the world.
The real enemy is literally laughing to the bank whilst all of these people continue to create revenue typing like mad on message boards with fury at
the other side, driving to protests and wasting their precious breath (and oil) or paranoidly buying ammo for their firearm (just in case, eh?).
I'm tired mate. I'm tired of a whole lifetime of seeing this pattern repeat whilst I see our countries get pillaged. It is literally daylight robbery
on entire nations of hard-working people. I'm scared of the future UK my children will experience at this rate, and furthermore their children.
I love you all. I really do. I want good for this race as a whole. But I'm tired. I'm losing the energy to keep up. Tomorrow will only have a fresh
batch of young and lost humans tearing at eachother's throats over differences that are petty in the grand scheme of what humanity is going
God please save us. Somehow make us see through it all. Somehow give us the belief of a better future again; one that cannot be defined in such simple
terms as who wins presidency or which label is the median average of a nation. The universe or a/the creator or even that random person out there who
has a flash of divine inspiration; please help us somehow. I don't understand what we are meant to do.
edit on 24-10-2017 by DazDaKing because:
(no reason given)