It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AMERICA.WE.ARE.ALREADY.AT.WAR

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bassago
a reply to: muzzleflash

A person I really have a lot of personal problems with always likes to WRITE.IN.CAPS.WITH.PERIODS.BETWEEN.EVERY.WORD.

It's drives me nuts.

I'm crushed, so sorry hahaha. Should have put a trigger warning I guess. Next time I'll use really teeny weeny fonts if that will help. Still good to hear from you muzzleflash, hope you've been well.

Thanks, lol. I wasn't mad at you, that's just what my response was.
I read the thread earlier but didn't reply till later in the day.

I usually tend to agree that the war is real and present (but for some people very difficult to recognize).

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
It's the Russians fault. During the cold war we had our bogey man.. the big bad commies. They were gonna nuke us st school so we learned the life saving technique to duck under our desks . When that fell apart we realized we needed someone to hate. Somebody has to be the bad guy, cuz darn it were the good guys. So we turned that mentality to the Muslims then that got old so now we're turning on each other.

I wish we could just go back to being American instead of having these subdivisions we've carved out.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Man...

White IDENTITY politics has gotten bad.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
The entire premise on this thread is ridiculous, but I see it a lot more now. Person X had political leanings to the left or right, so.. their actions clearly represent the combined desire of that entire political party. Weinstein was a pervert rapist - the left is evil! Or.. random nutjob shoots someone.. omg WE.ARE.AT.WAR now!

The actions of one actually doesn't represent the whole. Why do some of you want war so badly? Someone's belief system doesn't mirror yours, so it would be a good idea to kill lots of Americans, and have your family and friends die? Brilliant...

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

My god, reading this post gave me a headache. You ironically epitomised everything wrong with the US (and UK) at the moment; without even realising it.

Listen to yourself mate: YOU'RE creating this left/right hyperbole. YOU'RE defining the boundaries. YOU'RE giving credence to an imaginary war.

Furthermore, the energy you represent when you say things like "oh you want war yeah? We will #### you up lefties because we know how to use guns better" is the exact thing this proposed 'left' is so afraid of in the proposed 'right'; the will to jump to violence and conflict to resolve differences in opinion. It's obviously NEVER the answer unless one is literally attacked first.

Hear me out dude. As a Brit I've followed your country very closely over the years. I believe it's suffered the same ill fate as my own island has. The war isn't between left/right or conservative/liberal. Are we honestly going to pretend the complexity of a modern human can be simply summed up by a singular label? The more we entertain that notion, the harder we make it to reach compromise; and hence why our democratic systems tend to just swing like a pendulum and not actually show social unity or satisfaction ultimately improve.

The war is between a dedicated set of career politicians and our people, and it is in every one of their interests for me and you to get lost in this silly debate of left/right rather than to wake up and smell the roses for what they are:

- our countries are not feeding our tax money back into the system appropriately and have not done for decades.

- our countries are not attempting to help social unity but rather choose to treat the people as nothing more than consumers.

- our countries are basing their foreign policy on a hidden system of tax scams and crony capitalism via selective subcontracting which is literally tearing the middle east apart.

- our views as a collective simply cannot be captured sufficiently through the current method of democracy and yet nothing is being done to address it. We treat it like a football season.

- our war on crime and drugs is clearly not working and it is actually harming our countries. Our countries are choosing to profit through private prisons rather than to address the conditions that cause crime or the type of reform required to alleviate it.

- our economies do not work for us as the people anymore; because our countries have been slice by slice sold off to international and private national interests, and therefore we are now at the mercy of our governments; who will take part in venture capitalism rather than the improvement of the nation itself. We also lose what little benefit of income tax we already had.

- happiness is not increasing, quality of life is not increasing, cost of life is however increasing and so is the rate of mental illness. Meanwhile our countries continue to abuse or strip our health systems and increase income tax and/or lower corporate tax.

- our rights are slowly but surely being stripped from us on a decade by decade basis, and yet at the same time crime and social unrest can be considered greater than it has been for many years.

- our education systems are massively failing, and yet no significant amount of money is going into improving it. We are spending that money rebuilding schools we blew up or investing in foreign infrastructure projects.

- our policing systems are massively failing and yet we continue to repeat the same flaws as highlighted in the previous point.

There's much more but I'm too tired and feel like a broken record. The point is my friend, whether you use your tongue or your M16 to destroy leftie John down your street, in reality NONE of the above will change. The last 50 years of left/right back and forth have made this as clear as bloody day.

It's not until the masses truly take a step back from this tunnel visioned idea of left vs right that they will see the larger picture of what is happening to SOCIETY AS A WHOLE. We are a unit.

If you work on these ills of society (the pink elephant in the room) the other pieces that seem to dominate left vs right discussion will actually start to fall into place in their own way. I understand that this is hard to imagine considering the current state of the world.

The real enemy is literally laughing to the bank whilst all of these people continue to create revenue typing like mad on message boards with fury at the other side, driving to protests and wasting their precious breath (and oil) or paranoidly buying ammo for their firearm (just in case, eh?).

I'm tired mate. I'm tired of a whole lifetime of seeing this pattern repeat whilst I see our countries get pillaged. It is literally daylight robbery on entire nations of hard-working people. I'm scared of the future UK my children will experience at this rate, and furthermore their children.

I love you all. I really do. I want good for this race as a whole. But I'm tired. I'm losing the energy to keep up. Tomorrow will only have a fresh batch of young and lost humans tearing at eachother's throats over differences that are petty in the grand scheme of what humanity is going through.

God please save us. Somehow make us see through it all. Somehow give us the belief of a better future again; one that cannot be defined in such simple terms as who wins presidency or which label is the median average of a nation. The universe or a/the creator or even that random person out there who has a flash of divine inspiration; please help us somehow. I don't understand what we are meant to do.
edit on 24-10-2017 by DazDaKing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: DazDaKing

Sorry ,things will never be so easy to define as your thinking has sought.
WE ARE engaged in warfare as we speak with North Korea,it's a fact.
THAT'S why I was there as a divisional recon platoon member in the 80s,to protect the South and we still are.
SO to STOP such American aggression .We should JUST walk away then ,YES?
I mean, YOUR JUDGEMENT hasn't included a solution at least one that is acceptable to you,because what I have done isn't correct and BOY that's where the "Nazi" and "KILLBOT" parrots show up.
WE DO NOT have a choice with nukes here,ONLY none on that peninsula can be accepted BY logic and CLEAR reason of natural defence AND we WANT OUT of Korea and Iran is NEXT,PERIOD.
THERE is no way to trust negotiate or allow nukes in their hands.
So when I hear of things like people saying only "WAR BAD" like little CHILDREN incapable of grasping what is ACTUALLY done and HAS been since time immemorial,I get their fatigue but I want answers or it's MORE fighting.
to fix things the hard way,instead of HEARING about how AWFUL I am for killing.
edit on 24-10-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

I understand that notion when it comes to other countries. I am a nationalist at heart (although I seek equality ultimately) and believe defence is necessary at times. I was born into the Bosnian war.

I am talking about OUR NATIONS as units. The UK as the UK and the US as the US. I believe in good futures for us as countries and in a manner that won't depend on abusing others; but that does not mean I do not believe in being ready to defend oneself, even if that means having to pre-emptively attack.

However, that is NOT the same as suggesting picking up arms over the dispute of social national issues which in reality do not through the virtue of their existence cause harm (or promote it I should say). In this case, violence is being injected as a solution, rather than being an honest reactionary decision.

All that being said, I feel that we would still be in a sick state of a world for as long as we need to entertain the need for militaries and the idea of using nukes; although deep down I understand that it probably will be that way for the entire span of our human existence. Sometimes I truly wonder if this is Hell; have we already died and this is our punishment?
edit on 24-10-2017 by DazDaKing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
This OP was an entertaining read.

Somehow managing to simultaneously wave the victim card while professing to be some sort of master of weapons and war and all around badass.

7/10 would recommend.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Holy crap... that entire opening post is a prime example of why the rest of the world (and most Americans) think our nation had gone totally bat#.

You scare the living hell out of me. Nobody is coming after you.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: DazDaKing

I would prefer NOT to almost die as well,shooting IS fun,in itself ,but I am also an artist,PTSD has KILLED any exploitive ambitions.
WE are run by LAWYERS, until Trump that is.
BOY are THEY pissed about THAT too... EVERYONE 's attacking as a result.
Wild cards can REALLY take a card game however.

edit on 24-10-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Why did you expect the thread to be removed? If you can disclose the reason? I'm just curious, it didn't seem that controversial, on the surface.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Well said...and as a former democrat I completely agree that Obama and his gang intentionally created an atmosphere of hate and intolerance for anything but extreme liberal values. The left's hatred of free speech, support for illegals, and disrespect for the rule of law is threatening many Americans today. Combined with the anti-white rhetoric, Obama and his leftist followers have divided this country more than any other...and the left continues to praise him for that.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

It sounds more like you are giving a war decleration than anything else...

People are people! realize that for a moment... It doesnt matter what you vote, believe or look like, people are people! Good or bad, we all have it in us - we are ALL people!!

You cant just kill off everybody that doesnt believe or want the same as you. And I dont even know what that is, you just tells us who you dont like, and who you blame for youre problems... half the country apparently...

You should take a step back, and clear youre mind of politics for a moment, before you hurt someone

If you keep trying to find someone to blame, youre just gonna find hate. Try to look for solutions instead, and maybe you will find some peace

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
why bother
edit on 10/24/2017 by torok67 because: waste of time

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
This OP was an entertaining read.

Somehow managing to simultaneously wave the victim card while professing to be some sort of master of weapons and war and all around badass.

7/10 would recommend.

And conveniently sprinkled with a matter-of-fact "we need to try to work together" that the OP seems to have already resigned himself against.

Which leaves us with this, either we can work together to find a way to coexist or we can have and escalate a real war. I love this country but suspect most leftists do not.

That, masquerading behind a "This is WAR, leftists!"

The OP appears to have already determined that the problem exists entirely within "the left" and in its, and only its, refusal to compromise, leaving "civil war" as the only seeming option (and seen as the only option by an extremist right-wing point of view).

That is very dangerous thinking, if that is how the OP truly feels.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

but I am also an artist

What do you do?

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Oh I must've missed that line.

I was probably overwhelmed by the sheer badassery of the post.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Easily overlooked.

Essentially a very minor footnote in an otherwise violent charge and call for arms against fellow Americans.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

Holy crap... that entire opening post is a prime example of why the rest of the world (and most Americans) think our nation had gone totally bat#.

You scare the living hell out of me. Nobody is coming after you.

And you're right because?

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMNOTYOU

You cant just kill off everybody that doesnt believe or want the same as you. And I dont even know what that is, you just tells us who you dont like, and who you blame for youre problems... half the country apparently...

So you're saying I should've put this in the Rant forum? Hahaha.
And FWIW I really don't have any problems, quite comfortable actually.
Not to hijack the role of The Kid, to paraphrase from a favorite movie (Doom) here's where I'm coming from.

Sarge: Eliminate the threat.
The Kid: What threat?
Duke: It goes like this see, if its trying kill ya. Its a threat

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join