It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AMERICA.WE.ARE.ALREADY.AT.WAR

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Why would this kind of militia be worthy of respect? It's the same paranoia that's caused dozens of terrorist attacksin the US.

99% of the population get on perfectly fine. Neither the extreme left or right who rely on violence seem large in number, influence or have any capacity to organise. They certainly don't pose any threat to the fabric of society.

Engaging in an arms race instead of discussion or democracy will only lead to polarisation, radicalisation and an increase in the chances of some form of civil war breaking out.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

originally posted by: FHomerK
a reply to: starwarsisreal

A "conservative leftist" ?

Wow...folks will grasp at any straw in an attempt to define themselves, or more importantly, to try to fit in with a perceived click.

Where's the "I'm a lesbian stuck in a man's body" support group at tonight, I brought the doughnuts....

While they are a near extinct species. Conservative Democrats, at one time, abounded. They ended up labelled Reagan Democrats and gradually moved to the right....or rather stayed the same as the Democrat Party moved further left.

As someone who avoids labels like the plague, I do get what you're saying. I still think it's fairly humorous though.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

a reply to: starwarsisreal

A "conservative leftist" ?

Wow...folks will grasp at any straw in an attempt to define themselves, or more importantly, to try to fit in with a perceived click.

Where's the "I'm a lesbian stuck in a man's body" support group at tonight, I brought the doughnuts....

While they are a near extinct species. Conservative Democrats, at one time, abounded. They ended up labelled Reagan Democrats and gradually moved to the right....or rather stayed the same as the Democrat Party moved further left.

As someone who avoids labels like the plague, I do get what you're saying. I still think it's fairly humorous though.

Looked upon in that light? Yes, I can see the humor in it.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: bastion
Why would this kind of militia be worthy of respect? It's the same paranoia that's caused dozens of terrorist attacksin the US.

99% of the population get on perfectly fine. Neither the extreme left or right who rely on violence seem large in number, influence or have any capacity to organise. They certainly don't pose any threat to the fabric of society.

Engaging in an arms race instead of discussion or democracy will only lead to polarisation, radicalisation and an increase in the chances of some form of civil war breaking out.

Wow, really? I don't even know where to start with this post. OK I'll try from the beginning.

Why would this kind of militia be worthy of respect?

It's called the Second Amendment. Maybe you've heard of it, most likely not.

Here is the amendment as ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, the Secretary of State: A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

99% of the population get on perfectly fine. Neither the extreme left or right who rely on violence seem large in number, influence or have any capacity to organise.

Really? This sounds like one of those totally BS numbers, percentages, etc that someone pulled out of their a$$. Please give any data that actually supports this.

They certainly don't pose any threat to the fabric of society.

Left-wing/right wing violence. Tell that to the girl who was killed in the Virginia protests, the Trump supporters who were attacked for going to a political rally, the people beaten and attacked at Berkley or the people shot at the baseball diamond by a crazed nutbag. Yeah right, nothing to see here.

This sounds typical to me, the leftists always say "We need bipartisanship" which really means we want everything our way and if we don't get it you'll be sorry.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

And yet here you are, an obvious right winger full of bluster and thinly veiled threats.

Sounds like a typical right wingnut to me.

Weird how the alike the two extremes sound.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

The "threats" aren't coming from the right, those are all from the so-called "antifa" groups. I believe he was just stating the obvious that American Citizens have legal options other than sitting by idly while they conduct violent and illegal actions.

Although each Citizen has no obligation to stand up against such action, it is certainly their right to do so.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

This sounds typical to me, the leftists always say "We need bipartisanship" which really means we want everything our way and if we don't get it you'll be sorry.

& yet it's You making the terroristic threats of armed aggression against your country men, because you're not getting your alt-right way.

K~

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

& yet it's You making the terroristic threats of armed aggression against your country men, because you're not getting your alt-right way.

Hahahaha oh give me room to catch my breath. If they're trying to attack, beat and kill us then they are not my countrymen. They're simply 5th column Marxist traitors. I've made zero terrorist threats. Simply stating the fact the I will exercise my rights and protect myself from anarchist terrorists who obviously hate America, freedom and everything good this country stands for. And I am not alt-right, actually consider myself a (real) liberal.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

Communists don't REALLY count as COUNTRYMEN if they are rebellious and violent ,but they are SO dangerous ...we let police stop rhen .
Cops won't need MW.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bassago

originally posted by: bastion

Wow, really? I don't even know where to start with this post. OK I'll try from the beginning.

Why would this kind of militia be worthy of respect?

It's called the Second Amendment. Maybe you've heard of it, most likely not.

Here is the amendment as ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, the Secretary of State: A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

99% of the population get on perfectly fine. Neither the extreme left or right who rely on violence seem large in number, influence or have any capacity to organise.

Really? This sounds like one of those totally BS numbers, percentages, etc that someone pulled out of their a$$. Please give any data that actually supports this.

They certainly don't pose any threat to the fabric of society.

Left-wing/right wing violence. Tell that to the girl who was killed in the Virginia protests, the Trump supporters who were attacked for going to a political rally, the people beaten and attacked at Berkley or the people shot at the baseball diamond by a crazed nutbag. Yeah right, nothing to see here.

Yeah I've heard of it. I still see no reason why it's applicable here or why any trigger happy paranoid delusional organisation issuing threats would be worthy of respect. Why not engage such people in debate to change their views and educate them to a reasonable approach instead of threatening to shoot them?

While the acts of violence you cite are horrific, they're in no way prolific or a threat to the fabric of society. Your position is extremist. Look at reality and how rare such events are. Once is a tragedy, but claiming an armed militia is an appropriate response is bat# crazy.

You're saying the US is at war and threatening to shoot people who don't share your view. You sound just like the 'antifa' you claim to be against and disturbingly close to extremist left and right wing terror groups such as Weather Underground, McVeigh, Bundy Ranch etc... I don't respect any of those terrorists and I certainly don't respect your attempt to paint that as a legitimate response in a democratic society.
edit on 28-10-2017 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion

You sound just like the 'antifa' you claim to be against

The main difference I see with that is antifa, black block and 'the resistance' hate America, don't believe in our Republic unless they get their way and are willing to destroy, where patriots love their country and are willing to sacrifice, defend and fight for it. Just so we're clear here let me ask you, have you ever served your country?

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

hate America, don't believe in our Republic

What does America mean, to you?

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Tell you what, I'll ask you the same question I asked bastion, have you ever served your country? If you truly have then I''ll answer your question. Otherwise don't waste my time.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Tell you what, I'll ask you the same question I asked bastion, have you ever served your country? If you truly have then I''ll answer your question. Otherwise don't waste my time.

You avoided the question.

edit on 28-10-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

As did you. I'm guessing the answer is a resounding NO, you've never served your country in any way, shape or form. #resist is right under your name and that tells me what I need to know, wanted to give you a chance though. Troll somewhere else. #MAGA.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

how about you enlighten me.. since I really don't see how anyone could say that an "well regulated militia" would be even close to being "unorganized"
to me, unorganized kind of brings to mind disorganized, undisciplined, heck, bring the kids in and give them a gun and send them off once they know how to load a gun. I'll buy that that well regulated militia wasn't actually talking about a militia bogged down with gov't regulations, but I do believe that meant a well disciplined, organized, and cohesive group of individuals that we well trained together, so in that way, they would not be unorganized.

edit on 28-10-2017 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

As did you. I'm guessing the answer is a resounding NO, you've never served your country in any way, shape or form. #resist is right under your name and that tells me what I need to know, wanted to give you a chance though. Troll somewhere else. #MAGA.

Whether or not I served is irrelevant.

You still can't answer the question of 'What does America mean, to you,' even though I gave you two chances, but instead resort to an ad homimen as typical deflection.

Maybe you don't even know what America means to you, or maybe you're too shamed to say. Figures.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

If you're over 50 years old and still buy into the left/right paradigm, that pretty much says it all.

Have fun wishing war on your fellow countrymen.

This,this..

A thousand times this.

Well said Werk!

Respectfully,
~ meathead

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I agree 100%. It is unfortunate that many have bastardized the Constitution and twisted its meaning to their own end.

Tell me, who really benefits from the lack of well trained/armed Citizen militias? It sure isn't the people. This quasi-person entity called "Government" believes it holds the monopoly on violence, falsely if I may add. The right to self-defense or even to overthrow the "Government" entity has been enshrined since the beginning of our nation (and even beforehand, through common law/magna carta). All provided that our actions fall within the scope of the Constitution and DOI.

Therefore, this right exists independent of any government or authority. As a result, the government does not hold the monopoly on violence. With an armed population, this is impossible.

I strongly recommend patriots familiarize themselves with their rights under the common and natural law (and how that applies to our current quasi-judicial system). Jury nullification, runaway grand jurors and other topics are more great issues to research. Citizens acting in concert with one another can do a lot of things, all within the current legal framework established.

If anyone is interested in some more specifics or search terms, feel free to U2U me!
edit on 10/29/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

What are you resisting? I have never understood the purpose of the #Resist movement (seriously). Is this like the Tea Party of Democrats? Or is it something else? I am not attacking you, legitimately curious.

As far as the meaning of America to me (I know you didn't ask me), I feel it is a land of unlimited opportunity for anyone willing to work hard and take risks (success is never guaranteed). I believe we have a brilliant Constitution which established the boundaries of government interference with our natural unalienable rights. America provides us the opportunity to realize ideals such as freedom, liberty, choice, individual responsibility, and so on.

There have been a lot of great people who died fighting for those ideas

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join