It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

African rhino injures poacher in rare reversal of fortunes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

A rhino severely injured an poacher while he was tracking the beast.

NAIROBI, Kenya (AP) — A rhino turned the tables on a suspected poacher in Namibia, charging and injuring the man while he was allegedly tracking it.
www.yahoo.com...

Surprise! There is a rhino in your face.
The rhino appeared out of nowhere, and severely injured the accused poacher's leg after the poacher fell running from the it. A "friend" helped the man find safety on a near by mountain. This is where the injured man was arrested.

The newspaper said the rhino "appeared from nowhere" and quoted Simson Shilongo, a police officer, as saying the rhino inflicted a severe leg injury on Muharukua after he fell while fleeing.

The suspect's friends found refuge for him on a nearby mountain and police arrested him there on Oct. 15, a day after he was injured, according to Shilongo. Muharukua was being treated at a hospital under police guard.

The story says the ground up horn is thought to cure illnesses. I have read the reason is it is supposed to put the lead back in men's pencils. Either way, the horn is made out of the same stuff as your finger nails. Stupid reason to kill such a awesomely bad ass animal. We will never learn.

Rhinos have been heavily poached to meet demand for their horns in parts of Asia. Some consumers believe rhino horn can cure illnesses if ingested in powder form, although there is no evidence that the horn, made of the same substance as human fingernails, has any medicinal value. Rhino horn is also seen by some buyers as a symbol of status and wealth.

The horn has indeed been used as an aphrodisiac. Sad for the rhinos, as long as there is a market, they will be driven to extinction.

For years, the idea that rhino horn was an aphrodisiac and sexual stimulant was rarely heard in Asia, but spread instead by Western media. According to researchers however, the baseless claim is now gaining ground in Vietnamese society.

africacheck.org...

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Shame the rhino didn't kill him.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TheFatedOutsider

If the injury is as bad as it sounds, the poacher still may bite the dust.

edit on 22-10-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

My dad once stated that if anyone want to hunt endangered animals for sick fun, they should be dropped into ISIS territory or any Radical Islamist strongholds.
edit on 10/22/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Oh stop, your just trying to make me happy

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   
No pity at all for the poacher. If he dies, chalk it up to being bad at poaching.

I haven't been a hunter in years, but I'm not opposed to hunting so long as the body of the animal is used, not just wasted for token parts.
edit on 10-22-2017 by cynicalheathen because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Can't believe these beautiful creatures are hunted-reminds me of the Trump sons and the British Royalty. Sick-selfish-inhumane.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Wonderful to see this.Wish the rhino had hands so he could also have cut the PoS poacher's dick off,ground it underfoot,then shoved it down poachyman's throat whilst telling him a fairytale about the health benefits of the snack.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Poaching is an affront, driven by greed and things like Chinese "medicine".

Here's something to put context.

- Wildlife photo of the of the year
- The photo up close
- BBC photo of butchered...

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 05:32 AM
link   

The newspaper said the rhino "appeared from nowhere"

Rhino's have developed stealth technology !

Excellent news , it's unlikely to make any difference to the plight of the Rhino's but at least it appears the police are taking the matter seriously , I hope the courts do the same and make an example of the hobbling scumwad.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Justso

Can't believe these beautiful creatures are hunted-reminds me of the Trump sons and the British Royalty. Sick-selfish-inhumane.

Really you made this about Trump .

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Donald Jr and Eric Trump hunt big game , why shouldn't the rich and royal be called out for doing it when we wish death on poor Africans for it ?
He isn't making it about Trump but highlighting that scumwads come in all shapes and colours.

new topics

top topics

join