It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Writer from Colorado Checking In

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Hi all. You can call me Sclavus or Sclav. I'm a writer with an interest in science fiction, and came across ATS in my research on The Almighty Google. First off, I don't buy into most conspiracy theories, though I don't readily dismiss claims of conspiracy, either. If someone tells me aliens exist, I'll believe them if they show me something more than a PDF or a half-assed Zapruder film.

I have come across a few things that make me raise my eyebrows. Mostly I like to look at "evidence" of conspiracies and pick it apart. I'm never mean about it, but if you show me a conspiracy, I'll start poking holes in it. Whatever remains is probably close to the truth. As a writer, I involve myself in a lot of research, and it's a necessary part of my job to test the strength of ideas.

What turns me off from many a conspiracy theorist is their approach to an issue. The ones I've talked to have been less than rational, prone to anger, and can't engage in a simple discussion. Certainly you've had some of those types here ("INCONVETURBLE PROF OFF ILLUMINATI!!!"), but I've found this site's thirst for evidence and examination to be refreshingly thorough.

I'll be looking around ATS for ideas about Cheyenne Mountain, considering it's in my backyard, and has something to do with the novel I'm writing. Mostly I'm curious about conspiracy theories involving non-alien R&D for technology, all things apocalyptic, and conspiracies related to shadow governments and corporations.

Beyond that, I'm mostly an open book, so feel free to ask anything you'd like.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Trust.No.One.

And welcome to ATS! And since you asked, what is going on in Cheyenne Mountain, aside from Stargate?

I hope you have fun around here.
edit on 22-10-2017 by NowanKenubi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Sclavus

Welcome to your new addiction.

Enjoy the ride

Des

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Curious you speak of Cheyenne Mountain... In 1972 I came back from Vietnam and was stationed at Ft. Carson Army base just south of Colorado Springs. From my barracks window I had a straight line of sight of Cheyenne Mountain and midway was a road or what appeared as a road, a 'graded area' of quite a large distance. It was at the southern end of this Area/Road/graded area that everything was DEAD. All around the mountain were the natural vegetation and old growth pines. But at a slightly downhill on the south end, everything was dead and barren or yellowed. I had thought they must be dumping loads of toxins in the area to kill such a large area so prominently. It was that way the whole time I was there, about a year and a half.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Sclavus, baby....Colorado...no way man...you're so lucky. I always thought we should head south for winter.....I made camp down here in Texas

but Arvada....home of ROCKY FLATS....that's where i grew up....and witnessed the nuclear plume in 57.....it had translucent sections of colors in the 1000 foot plume.....maybe 150 yards wide and churning swift upward movement...

can I invite my self for a visit?.....
edit on 22-10-2017 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-10-2017 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Welcome to the Aurora House!

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Welcome-never seen the Cheyenne Mountains-that I know of. Happy hunting. Hold on to your cap.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: NowanKenubi
Trust.No.One.

And welcome to ATS! And since you asked, what is going on in Cheyenne Mountain, aside from Stargate?

I hope you have fun around here.

I'm not sure, though the USAF said they don't use it for NORAD anymore. In my story it serves as HQ for a secret society whose sole purpose is to keep the world from WW3.

originally posted by: Destinyone

Welcome to your new addiction.

Enjoy the ride

Des

Thank you.

originally posted by: Plotus
Curious you speak of Cheyenne Mountain... In 1972 I came back from Vietnam and was stationed at Ft. Carson Army base just south of Colorado Springs. From my barracks window I had a straight line of sight of Cheyenne Mountain and midway was a road or what appeared as a road, a 'graded area' of quite a large distance. It was at the southern end of this Area/Road/graded area that everything was DEAD. All around the mountain were the natural vegetation and old growth pines. But at a slightly downhill on the south end, everything was dead and barren or yellowed. I had thought they must be dumping loads of toxins in the area to kill such a large area so prominently. It was that way the whole time I was there, about a year and a half.

I've heard of that. I've never been to Cheyenne Mountain myself, but the phenomenon has been addressed in the local news rag. Mostly that it's happening, not that there's an explanation for it.

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
Sclavus, baby....Colorado...no way man...you're so lucky. I always thought we should head south for winter.....I made camp down here in Texas

but Arvada....home of ROCKY FLATS....that's where i grew up....and witnessed the nuclear plume in 57.....it had translucent sections of colors in the 1000 foot plume.....maybe 150 yards wide and churning swift upward movement...

can I invite my self for a visit?.....

Feel free to drop by, though I hope to be in California before too long. I hate snow.

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Welcome to the Aurora House!

I still haven't read Cloud Atlas, but it's on my list. I wasn't aware there was a movie with Jim Broadbent. I'll have to check that out, too.

originally posted by: Justso
Welcome-never seen the Cheyenne Mountains-that I know of. Happy hunting. Hold on to your cap.

Cheyenne Mountain is just to the south of Pikes Peak, in the backyard of Colorado Springs. It's the home of a facility built in the 1960s inside the mountain, supposedly large enough for a self-sustained village to live through the initial phase of a nuclear attack, among other things. I wish I could take a tour, but the waiting list is years long.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Welcome to the land of nearly infinite inspiration, where one can also learn a bit along the way.

Happy writing, stay blessed.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Illumimasontruth

Welcome to the land of nearly infinite inspiration, where one can also learn a bit along the way.

Happy writing, stay blessed.

Thank you.

Here's a question, ATS: I've tried uploading an image and pasting the direct link into the spaces for my avatar in my account settings, but it still says I don't have an avatar. I searched the forum, but no joy. What gives?

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Did you check the obvious, your setting to show avarars?

edit on 23-10-2017 by Illumimasontruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Illumimasontruth

Yes, I've got it set to show avatars.

ETA: I got it. It's not very intuitive. There's a few things about the site that could use some reworking, in my humble opinion, but the FNG ought not squeak too loudly. I like it here.
edit on 23 10 2017 by Sclavus because: Corrected information.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   
So I've been mulling some things over about what I believe about various theories.

Shooter on the grassy knoll? Possible.
Faked moon landing? Nope.
9/11 was an inside job? No, but I think the government knew it was in the works.
Multiple Vegas gunmen? More than likely.
Vegas as a false flag attack? Probable.
WMDs in Iraq? A BS reason for going to war, but that doesn't mean Saddam didn't have them.
Aliens? Eh, probably not.
Area 51? Probably an R&D/Testing facility for future weapons.
Delta attack on Dulce? Possible.
Contrails? Totally natural. Nothing conspiratorial there.

There are others, but that's all I've thought of for now.
edit on 23 10 2017 by Sclavus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Among my favorite topics, and I'm mostly in agreement with you.

Differences are:

9/11, very possibly an inside job.
Aliens, slightly more probable than not, given the immensity of just what we see and can make some sense of. Coming from one who believes in a great creator/grand architect.
Area 51, at least what you said and probably other black ops stuff.

Fun topics to dig around in and ponder. See you around the boards.

top topics

join