It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

38 Women Accuse Director James Toback Of Sexual Misconduct

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

im sure but im just talking about harassment.

a huge range from cat calling to jumping out in a rob with your dongle out.

i bet women get some form of it almost daily.
i used to hear it all the time at caesers pizza.
the girls at the counter had to deal with the asshole dudes in a shirt that said hot n ready

they got it all the time

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Just saying colleges are a pretty good indicator as to the type of mentality that goes out in the world and works.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I'm not excusing the acts of this particular individual, but I can see from the comments that this is quickly whipping up into a witch hunt hysteria against men in any position of power. Why is it the worst thing in the world for a man to use power to attain sex and nothing is mentioned of the woman who uses sex to gain power? Sure it gets perverted out of proportion, but on many levels this is kind of how it works. When is the last time you saw a beautiful woman with an unemployed man that lives in his mother's basement? Or probably any woman for that matter.

When I was in school I witnessed on more than one occasion women using sex to get ahead in their classes. And even witnessed a woman trade sexual favors with her professor and then later turn around and accuse him of sexual misconduct.

Look, my point is that I think this isn't the one-way street the media is leading you to believe it is. And I suspect their reason for doing so is to further their agenda of giving all the power to one sex for the purpose of promoting population control.

Maybe I'm way off base here, but as an asexual man myself I often view this subject from a step back from most.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: sooth

There is that and it adds to the complexity.

Like kim Kardashian upset the paparazzi takes pics of her without photoshop, but her fame is from sex tapes and nudes...

People should really be teaching to treat people as the end rather than the means to their own ends.

Pageantry mom's leave their kids alone knowing how messed up it is and nut jobs sorround the profession?

Why would you leave your kids with a director for instance like the posted video? Does anyone really think Hollywood is a place you can leave your kids without arching over them? Hoe many Disney kid stories are needed?

However, predators are real. Many of them drip Rufis in college girls drinks. As well as abuse the casting couch.

edit on 22-10-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Colleges and Universities probably still make the number one place women are raped. I think it's up to 1 out of 6 are drugged.

Lol.

Your statistics suck.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

Lol,

You think? Where do you work? Ever had to sit through body cams during the first 3 months of pledging?

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

It's a power thing. It seems to be about equally common between genders and orientations. People in power get off on using that power.

In the US we don't really have a culture of wanting to fight it either. Sexual abuse and rape run rampant in the US and we have some of the lowest penalites on that, one of the lowest rates of believing victims, and a pretty hostile business culture that wants to keep the "old ways" firmly entrenched.

It's something that needs to change, but I'm not sure how given that so many allegations don't have physical proof.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313
men on power trips seeking revenge for previous rejections and feelings of low self-worth. they don't want to pay for it honestly when they can watch some woman reluctantly give in, or try to fight them off.

Women do it to men too, and men have even less recourse, because for as hard as it is to get convicted for trying something on women, men are assumed to have wanted those advances and that it was automatically consensual.

It's messed up all around.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

i have been thinking about this since the harvey thing broke and i bet you almost 100% of women in the workplace have received some sort of sexual harassment.

what are the women really supposed to do about it? i know there are laws and companies have zero tolerance but it is easy for some to get away with it cause these women need jobs.

there are different levels of it too.

it is easy to be on the outside and say they can report it and/or get a lawyer and fight it. thats true cause they can.
they run the risk of getting fired as well.

sure they might win the case in months and after so much money but if in the mean time they dont have their job what good is it?

i really do feel like women are in a terrible position as far as that goes.

The numbers I heard on NPR the other day were 20% offered a promotion for sex, 40% repeated harrassment, 70% randomly touched, suggestive language, etc.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   
That is Hollywood, the unofficial head of California. There is a lot of that going on in Hollywood, we just don't hear more than one percent of it. People abuse their power to get perks all the time. I never really had any power so I can't get any perks.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Colleges and Universities probably still make the number one place women are raped. I think it's up to 1 out of 6 are drugged.

Yet that discussion never really lasts too long. Holyrood people and politicians are more interesting.

1 in 6 is 17% in college, and that's mostly just kids getting drunk and making mistakes. It's a different problem. In the private sector, the most restrictive definitions are 1 in 5, up to looser ones which are more than 2 in 3. And that's not people getting mutually drunk and making mistakes, that's people flat out trading money/jobs for favors.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Yes, it's about power. The abuse of power actually and it can and is done by those in power regardless of being male or female.

However, as we know, distribution of power is not held equally, not even between men and women. So the abuse of power and how it manifests within the framework of our reality is going to fit that imbalance as well. It's also going to fit within the framework that suits certain patterns of behavior based on that imbalance between the sexes and the ways they'll most commonly abuse it.

So a very common way for men to abuse that power is by controlling women sexually. That is as old as male and female interaction itself. However that isn't the only way it manifests itself. There is also male on male abuse of power and female on female abuse of power. But it all ties back to how power is used as a method of domination and self gratification. That's why similar examples are found even in Prison with male on male rape and female on female rape. Power domination often manifests itself as sexual domination and is rooted in the same psychological areas.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
You wonder why these multimillionaire big shot movie guys just don’t go to the neighborhood brothel.

I think a lot of these movie guys were geeks and never got girls. So now their compensating in the wrong way

edit on 22-10-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I never said it was kids getting drunk and making mistakes.

Your saying the majority of that number is drunk mistakes and not sexual abuse?

How many girls get rufied?

Or raped behind a dumpster and the rapist gets 3 months?

Getting drunk and getting pressured is different than assaulting a girl passed out. Both being an ethical problem. One being pretty cut and dry.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Toback & Weinstein. What do they have in common beyond just being directors? If this keeps up, and it should, Hollywood could be in for a power change.

Dot, meet other dot.

edit on 22-10-2017 by Noncents because: Punctuation!

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
You wonder why these multimillionaire big shot movie guys just don’t go to the neighborhood brothel.

I think a lot of these movie guys were geeks and never got girls. So now their compensating in the wrong way

Again because it's not about the sex. That is how it manifests itself because sex is closely linked to the psychological effects on the brain. It's about power and control over another person. Domination and submission.

A prostitute and client has an already clearly established power dynamic. It's an agreed upon exchange of equal exchange. Money for sex, power for power. This isn't what the abuser is getting his real reward from. It's the domination of the exchange that results in the reward to their ego that they're really after. You don't get that from an equal exchange.
edit on 22-10-2017 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   

I never said it was kids getting drunk and making mistakes.

Your saying the majority of that number is drunk mistakes and not sexual abuse?

How many girls get rufied?

Or raped behind a dumpster and the rapist gets 3 months?

Getting drunk and getting pressured is different than assaulting a girl passed out. Both being an ethical problem. One being pretty cut and dry.

That specific scenario is less than 1 in 6. I think it's around 1 in 10, could be higher. It's also not college specific which confuses the numbers a bit. From what little I do know on the subject, that activity takes place more often in young professional bars than in college bars.

As I said though, rape is a really hard crime to punish. Often times there is little to know evidence, which means there's little to know proof to base any punishment on. Other times it's the scenario from the boss, sleep with them and advance your career, or don't and end your career. They're not technically forcing you into it, so your legal options become even more limited.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noncents
Toback & Weinstein. What do they have in common beyond just being directors? If this keeps up, and it should, Hollywood could be in for a power change.

Dot, meet other dot.

...Since we're already going there. The President molests his daughter, bragged about watching teenagers run around naked backstage in his shows, sexually assaults people and uses his money to silence them, claims to have "disappeared" some girl for being too uppity, settled a case where he was accused of rape, and so on.

Hollywood is a cesspool, and I don't watch movies so I don't support their industry. Plays, Fashion, and Music are the same, so I dropped out of all those too. Politics is almost as bad, so I do what I can to ensure nothing I do goes towards helping the money machine.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Let's also not forget that the President was or is friends/acquaintances with Roger Ailes, Bill O'Reily, Jeffery Epstein, Harvey Weinstien and Bill Clinton just to name a few other high profile names linked with Sexual Misconduct.

Wouldn't you know it, they also have similar profiles. Rich, Powerful and Narcissistic Men who are also known for abusing power over others.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join