It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

38 Women Accuse Director James Toback Of Sexual Misconduct

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Toback’s alleged predatory behavior was known in Hollywood for years.

In a new Los Angeles Times report, 38 women accuse director James Toback of sexual harassment. The allegations against Toback somewhat resemble those against producer Harvey Weinstein, who was fired from his own company earlier this month after scores of women said the career-making mogul assaulted, harassed or intimidated them. Toback, 72, stands accused of harassing women he employed and women he approached on the street.

not really a big time director but still why be a creepy #.

i dont get it. has to be about power right?

i was saying this was harvey too. why harass and try to trick a girl into touching you or more than that? just pay for it. be on the level. make the call to the places that deal with that. i am sure there is no shortage of beautiful women that will sleep with harvey for a few stacks. why be a creep and tug off into a plant?

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Both my wife and mother come from Research science, and executive corporate world's and both have stories very similar. Getting locked in cars, aproached in stair cases etc..

I would say yes. Throw in desperate starving artists and it gets pretty bad.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
men on power trips seeking revenge for previous rejections and feelings of low self-worth. they don't want to pay for it honestly when they can watch some woman reluctantly give in, or try to fight them off.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Another one rears it's ugly head. Why now? Why just pick these people?
This has been going on since time immemorial. As there is these 38 women I'll guarantee you there are hundreds behind them that their careers would not have even got off the ground without this "sexual harassment". But you won't hear from any of them soon.
now pop stars are joining the wolf pack. Men and women. But you never heard from these stars when the "groupies" were queuing at their doors and it wasn't for autographes.
Have you never heard of the casting couch? Hundreds went through that route but you don't hear from them either. I am most certainly not trying to trivialise the cases but this has been general knowledge for over 100 years.
Here's a nice example for you. Out of the hundreds that went through his "house" how many "playgirls" took Hugh Hefner to court for sexual harassment?
I can't think of one. Yes, there were a few went on record to recount their experiences, but no procecutions. Now this question will explain it all when asking these women.
"Just what attracted you to the ugly multi-millionaire Mr Hefner"?

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

i have been thinking about this since the harvey thing broke and i bet you almost 100% of women in the workplace have received some sort of sexual harassment.

what are the women really supposed to do about it? i know there are laws and companies have zero tolerance but it is easy for some to get away with it cause these women need jobs.

there are different levels of it too.

it is easy to be on the outside and say they can report it and/or get a lawyer and fight it. thats true cause they can.
they run the risk of getting fired as well.

sure they might win the case in months and after so much money but if in the mean time they dont have their job what good is it?

i really do feel like women are in a terrible position as far as that goes.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Well sorry to be that guy but it should of stopped at 1 2 or 3 .

I feel they should feel a bit guilty for not saying nothing if they didn't .

But if they did someone should be jailed for sheltering his abuse .

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
yes, it's been general knowledge for a while but it's also been something where these men never faced consequences. our culture has changed over the last hundred years -- shocker, i know -- and we've finally reached a point where men are starting to be held more accountable for this crap.

as for holding people accountable for not reporting being intimidated, victimized, harassed, assaulted? guys like you are why they don't come forward. if they came forward you'd be just as happy to say they probably made it up for profit or attention. you're just happy to have some way to blame women for it so you don't have to take a hard look at yourself and the culture around you.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I'm sure women face some sort of harassment at one point or another in their careers.

Hollywood is generally a completely other level though. The gatekeepers to the industry, the people who decide whether you'll have a career or not use that power for sexual favors in return, or just outright abuse it.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
The sexual assault rampant in Hollywood is a severe injustice that everyone has known about for decades, but have done absolutely nothing. Their silence is complicity.

Finally it is all coming to light, but people should hang their heads in shame.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I just watched this brutal documentary and I think the oppression is deeper and more insidious than we can imagine.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Like parents who would exploit their kids knowing how bad Hollwood is?

edit on 22-10-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

What's an "James Toback"?

That stream wont play in the US, but this one will until October 31:

An Open Secret (2014):
An investigation into accusations of teenagers being sexually abused within the film industry.

edit on 22-10-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

is that Moretz?

i might watch this later. eddie bravo was just talking about this

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

So add Todd Bridges with Corey Feldman as whistleblowers.

edit on 22-10-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Power and fear.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
The sexual assault rampant in Hollywood is a severe injustice that everyone has known about for decades, but have done absolutely nothing. Their silence is complicity.

Finally it is all coming to light, but people should hang their heads in shame.

Not helpful ... just another way of saying "Now is not the time to talk about it". Well ... when is the time. I say any time the subject comes to mind is the time to talk about it.

Avoidance is neither a solution nor interested in one.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

Power and fear.

has to be

i guess i am just not wired to even understand that.

not saying be mr morality and the epitome of goodness but when you have the money to buy anything you want you can buy some vaginals too.

just proves how #ing creepy some people can be i guess.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Sure they can just pay for it. But that's not what they're looking for. It's about power. They get off on the abuse of power they are able to have over others. They get off on breaking down someone's will and getting them to submit. It's a power trip. I doubt these men can even get aroused without that power dominance being part of their sexual gratification.

But just a straight exchange of money for services doesn't get you that. Just a straight exchange of money for sex keeps both parties on an equal power balance. That doesn't feed the man's ego and it's not the actual sex they're looking for but winning a power struggle that they're after. Over time the obsession and misguided gratification just gets worse too.

edit on 22-10-2017 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Colleges and Universities probably still make the number one place women are raped. I think it's up to 1 out of 6 are drugged.

Yet that discussion never really lasts too long. Holyrood people and politicians are more interesting.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

i dont get it. has to be about power right?

its about having the opportunity to be famous and thats how those predators use their power and get advantage, its as simple as that

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join