It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maxine Waters ....I will go and take Trump out tonight!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
The question is, if she's going for impeachment, does she realize she needs some members of Congress?

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus
The question is, if she's going for impeachment, does she realize she needs some members of Congress?

I don't think she realizes that she needs an actual crime. When you get down to it, the libs want to impeach Trump because they're unhappy that he won the election. Everything else is just after-the-fact rationalization.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I'm not that familiar with Waters here. At best, I was under the impression she's a minor politician with little sway, but the gift of a big mouth, a la Trump's.

So why give her any attention if she's a minor one unlikely to make anything happen in the first place? Honest question from a Libertarian looking at you all, laughing.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I heard that the district that Maxine Waters is in charge of is in shambles. But the people there keep real electing her.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
She's the gift that keeps on giving

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Maria Chappelle-Nadal. We can start with her and condemn her comments...she still has her seat. Tell me that is a white guy from Georgia had posted he wanted to kill Obama when in office he would not have been arrested?

OK, let's start with Nadal. She tweeted, and was stupid to do so. She was censured. Personally I think she should have been censured and removed by the body for her sentiments. There is no place in our political sphere for that kind of talk.
Should she be arrested? Did she ask for anyone to kill him? Did she say she would kill him? Not that I can see. She did say she would like to see him assassinated? Yes. Is that enough for arresting her? Maybe not but she is under investigation by the secret service. At the very least I hope the people of Missouri can vote more wisely in the future.

Any more? Any more elected Dems who have called for Trumps assignation? Tell me and I will condemn them just as I said in my reply to that other poster and as I have done with Nadal.

But you started this thread with an emphatic position that Waters was calling for Trumps assassination. Did you not?

Direct threats to harm the President of the United States.
I pointed out that this was not the case. That she was speaking in reference to her continuing call for his impeachment,a call that even you referenced a bit later on, not his assassination. Big difference. Yet you morphed it into a call for assassination. You linked it with Nadals tweet and any number of other comments by hair brained Hollywood types into part of the huge pantheon of false beliefs about all liberals.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
She might have meant " .. to dinner"
edit on 23/10/17 by Damiel because: As in -> I will go and take Trump out tonight ((for dinner) to discuss differences(if he is willing to))/subtext

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

They also keep redistricting..like the one from Florida.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Why don't you do something USEFUL and try to target the sweepers the Clintons have used to kill witnesses?

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

No, I stand by what I said. She was not talking about impeachment. She would have said that. She has said it over and over and over and over and over and now she says she will take him out tonight and it is still about impeachment? Bull#.

Chappelle-Nadal should lose her seat. Prison I do not think would change her mind but take away her power and she will see the light.

Sorry, I have no place for a sitting elected official to act like that. A singer like Ted Nugent or Snoop Dog who both called for the shooting of a POTUS. Who cares. They are there to make money. An elected official is a servant of the constituents they represent. So she was speaking for everyone when she said that.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: LSU0408]quote]

Yes he did make that 5th Ave shoot somebody statement. It was pawned off later as ''he was joking''. I accepted that. Certainly Trump is not THAT stupid. I get it. He was really stunned at that time at the amount of support he was getting for all the things he was saying. What he was witnessing at that time was incredible to him and he made a joke about it. Sure.

And do I believe that he called all Mexicans rapists? No I do not. From my memory, Tim Kane, extrapolated that one in to ''all Mexicans". Trump did however say that Mexico was sending their worst, among them rapists.

As to the phone call to the widow. I have always taken that account in the same manner as I have the Waters comment, with a grain of salt. To believe that Trump was at that moment so callus as to say what he said in a dismissive manner is not credible to me. More, as I have said in other posts, I think he was attempting to speak to the bravery of the fallen just as alleged by others. He just did not do it well.

I don't know WHO started this game as you call it. It started before either of us was born. Taking what one person says and making a mountain out of the mole hill. That cliche was used by my mother on me and by her mother on her.

Ok, fair enough. I appreciate your honesty. I'll note, however, that his 5th Ave comment was a repeat. He was telling his crowd that someone told him he could shoot someone on 5th and not lose support. The media, to this day, has never included that part besides on the day he said it.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

No, I stand by what I said. She was not talking about impeachment. She would have said that. She has said it over and over and over and over and over and now she says she will take him out tonight and it is still about impeachment? Bull#.

Chappelle-Nadal should lose her seat. Prison I do not think would change her mind but take away her power and she will see the light.

Sorry, I have no place for a sitting elected official to act like that. A singer like Ted Nugent or Snoop Dog who both called for the shooting of a POTUS. Who cares. They are there to make money. An elected official is a servant of the constituents they represent. So she was speaking for everyone when she said that.

We agree on Nadal. We agree on the bigger picture of how elected officials should be held to higher standards than plain celebrities or us for that matter. But we disagree on the context in which Waters words in that video should be taken. I know I know,

Oh for heavens sake another trigger yelling context/perception/meaning monger.

Y

edit on 31America/ChicagoMon, 23 Oct 2017 16:44:29 -0500Mon, 23 Oct 2017 16:44:29 -050017102017-10-23T16:44:29-05:00400000044 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

And for honesty's sake about that 5th avenue statement.

"You know what else they say about my people? The polls, they say I have the most loyal people. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose any voters, okay? It’s like incredible," Trump said.''

Here he is talking about the polls. The polls say he has loyal people. The polls did not say he could shoot somebody and not lose voters, he made that up himself, or, one of his advisors said it as a statement of disbelief just as Trump was either just saying it or repeating it. To me, that comment was one of astonishment on his part. It was an indictment of the faith his supporters have in him. And that is what was scary to me about that statement. He might have said, if I pick my nose or scratch my butt or adjust my balls in public, they would be loyal. Those would just be jokes. But rather, his joke was an extreme joke, one in my view was, even if he did not realize it was, a condemnation of his supporters.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

As opposed to the POTUS threatening physical harm on a number of people and encouraging violence many, many times?

Your hypocrite is showing...
edit on 23-10-2017 by VoxVirtus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: VoxVirtus

Wow...thanks for that. A person who says it like it is....I won't say what you are showing.

However, I see reaction not inciting. If you want to protest, and you show up giving people the finger, be ready for a smack in the head. If you think you have balls to put up then be ready to back it up.

I mean, I do not think there was at any time in the election a group of Trump supporters shut it down like in Chicago.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Only if the taxpayers foot the bill.

It's time for a Beer Summit. I'll happily pay for it if these two would get together. What a photo-op for both of them. We can watch them kiss and make up (or out).

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

We can watch them kiss and make up (or out).

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Democrats have successfully rebranded themselves as the party of hate and intolerance...Very sad for the old JFK dems, very sad for America...

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

a reply to: VoxVirtus

Wow...thanks for that. A person who says it like it is....I won't say what you are showing.

However, I see reaction not inciting. If you want to protest, and you show up giving people the finger, be ready for a smack in the head. If you think you have balls to put up then be ready to back it up.

I mean, I do not think there was at any time in the election a group of Trump supporters shut it down like in Chicago.

What you're seeing is someone threatening and glorifying violence against your countrymen who are using one of their constitutional rights.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

I don't think she realizes that she needs an actual crime. When you get down to it, the libs want to impeach Trump because they're unhappy that he won the election. Everything else is just after-the-fact rationalization.
I totally ageee with you... they are really looking under rocks

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join