It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientist Asked: Is Eating Synthetic Human Flesh Cannibalism?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
Maybe not cannibalism, or even illegal. It's still f'n creepy as hell.

Synthetic human flesh--4.98/lb get yours today. Yep. Creepy. No thanks.

"And where thou now exact'st the penalty,
Which is a pound of this poor merchant's flesh,
Thou wilt not only loose the forfeiture,
But, touch'd with human gentleness and love,
Forgive a moiety of the principal;
Glancing an eye of pity on his losses,
That have of late so huddled on his back,
Enow to press a royal merchant down
And pluck commiseration of his state
From brassy bosoms and rough hearts of flint,
From stubborn Turks and Tartars, never train'd
To offices of tender courtesy.
We all expect a gentle answer, Jew.'

Act 4, Scene 1, The Merchant of Venice

-Wm Shakespeare.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Soylent Pink.

Then we become synthetic...

edit on 22-10-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

If it smells like dog crap

If it tastes like dog crap

If it looks like dog crap

If it feels like dog crap

If it is the same molecular structure as dog crap

and you still choose to eat it

do you like eating dog crap?

Is it the same as dog crap?

"Unknown Ascetic"
edit on 22-10-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Oh the coincidence!

Saw this on social media today.

How awful!

No, no eating the long pork. What if you got peckers and lips like in the old 'firecracker' sausages.

EWW!

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: Ghost147

Why does anything matter?

Why would you purposely make synthetic human meat unless you wanted to taste human flesh and get around legal matters?

Let’s see... medical grafting perhaps? Having human flesh on hand would be a tremendous benefit to medicine.

edit on 22/10/17 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: FHomerK
a reply to: infolurker

Oh get off of your moral high horse.

Flesh, is flesh. There is a taboo to it, because we don't like people eating the folks that we care about.

It is simply a taboo. And you're freaking out over it because of "cloned human flesh".

You're hilarious. Keep being you, REALLY

There's a little more to it than that. You're more likely to catch a disease from eating your own species. Properly cooked though and that shouldn't be an issue.

I wouldn't eat cloned human exclusively, but as someone who already struggles with thinking about an animals life as I eat it, and balancing out dealing with delicious and intelligent animals like cows and dogs with our need to eat meat, I would be all for eating synthetic food products of any species.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

And?

What is your point? You think one industry means it's the one stop solution?

Why not a protein slop?

Your argument makes no sense.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

We don't need to eat meat by any means.

If your talking about the amino acids and protein combinations science can take care of that without human flesh.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Not exactly. In this case your referring to a specific synthetic. Synthetic humans. Meaning they would mimic or actually believe they were human.

If you want to have sex with AI children are you not a pedophile? If your desire is to have sex with the being that acts like a human child?

The main question to ask, is who is harmed? If the AI isn't self aware, there's no harm done. If you're eating human flesh, and no harm came to humans in the process, there's no harm done. Either is 100% ok with me.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

The main question in my opinion is the motive of the person acting.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   

And?

What is your point? You think one industry means it's the one stop solution?

Why not a protein slop?

Your argument makes no sense.

The point is that there is no moral issues with consuming synthetic meat of any Variety, there wouldn’t be any nutritional loss (once the methodology is perfected), and it would become a cheaper method of producing meat. Furthermore, the production of such a compound would benefit medical sciences as well.

I don’t find any reason why this shouldn’t be made.

What argument are you trying to make?

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: luthier

the question was is eating Is Eating Synthetic Human Flesh Cannibalism?
not, Is Eating Synthetic Human Flesh philosophically or morally wrong?

Cannibalism in this sense of the word means are you a cannibal.
can·ni·bal
[ˈkanəb(ə)l]
NOUN

a person who eats the flesh of other human beings:
"cannibal tribes"
synonyms: man-eater · people-eater · anthropophagite · anthropophagist
an animal that feeds on flesh of its own species.

in order to practice Cannibalism one can only eat the flesh of ones own species, not eat the flesh of one that looks like a human or your intent,not any other species no matter what they look like. if one has sex with a puppy it's not called pedophilia it called bestiality, if one has sex with a machine, it's called ASFR or technosexuality.

now as far as intent, or your desire, as i said that's another question all together. this question is the about the act of eating Synthetic Human Flesh not intent or your desire/thoughts while doing it.

back to my statement earlier. What if we go a step further and create a synthetic human but has a 6 month life span due to accelerated growth for use in meat production? technically changing the DNA to something lower than human as in almost no intelligence and with no personality except looks of a human being would that be cannibalism?
If it even looks human you will have people say that of course im guessing. Also change their body systems to lack certain things such as intestines and having to be fed by fluids only so they coudnt live outside their farm environmant for long at all.

Still kind of fun to imagine a world where women/men literally want to be eaten like in my examples. lol.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: dashen
if you dont know its human meat is it cannibalism?
....asking for a friend

How do we know whats in the meat served at restaurants and frozen dinners?

Everyone assumes its what the menu or label says.

Mystery Meat

If they opened a synthetic human flesh restaurant, not many people would stop to eat there.

I can see it now, "Dahmers, just like your mother made".

It would have the contain human DNA to be considered human flesh, even if synthetically grown IMO.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

Would it have the ideal amino acid profile, since it would be built/ grown with the same stuff as actual human muscle?

If it had to start with a few human stem cells, would "fat dude who eats his boogers and lives in mom's basement" steak cost less than "smoking hot athletic 25 year old blonde" steak? I would think it would. If I was willing to eat it, I'd pay more for the hottie.

That's f'd up. I'm gonna go find a shrink.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Not exactly. In this case your referring to a specific synthetic. Synthetic humans. Meaning they would mimic or actually believe they were human.

If you want to have sex with AI children are you not a pedophile? If your desire is to have sex with the being that acts like a human child?

The main question to ask, is who is harmed? If the AI isn't self aware, there's no harm done. If you're eating human flesh, and no harm came to humans in the process, there's no harm done. Either is 100% ok with me.

Anyone that would choose to have sex with 'AI children' - whether or not harm is caused to a real person - should at the least be publicly exposed and put on a pedophile watch-list.

It's practically like admitting you're a (potential) pedophile but for now, AI children will suffice.

No f'in way can that ever be allowed to be "100% okay".

As for the synthetic human meat dilemma - I think anyone who would want to eat it is also a bit messed up in the head - but whatever floats your boat.
edit on 22/10/17 by Navieko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

Would it have the ideal amino acid profile, since it would be built/ grown with the same stuff as actual human muscle?

If it had to start with a few human stem cells, would "fat dude who eats his boogers and lives in mom's basement" steak cost less than "smoking hot athletic 25 year old blonde" steak? I would think it would. If I was willing to eat it, I'd pay more for the hottie.

That's f'd up. I'm gonna go find a shrink.

What if she approached you on the street and asked you to slice her up Because she was designed to want to be eaten?
Imagine if they turned off all pain receptors in them and she only felt pleasure instead?
edit on 17000000ppam by yuppa because: added fuel

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

what kinda anime have you been watching bud?

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   

what kinda anime have you been watching bud?

None. just reading some messed up cannibal captions on Motherless lol

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   

mless is worse

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   

mless is worse

I havent seen any Cannibal Anime but one,and that was a brother letting hsi sister eat his flesh every once ina while(no no incest was going on btw) H eof course healed and she could do it as long as sh eneeded to apparently.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join