It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientist Asked: Is Eating Synthetic Human Flesh Cannibalism?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

IMO it's the intent and motivation of the person acting. Are you eating synthetic human flesh because it tastes good or because it's like a human?

That's very true but it's only social conditioning in our socieites that prevents us from salivating at the muzzle for a bit of skin. Just like eating dog for me is beyond thought while the sniff of a bit of grilling bacon can drive one crazy for a scoffing. Other societies see this in reverse.
edit on 22-10-2017 by ufoorbhunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

A cheap, easy solution to world hunger and people are too stupid to see it.

Go figure.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

I would say there is still a health factor.

However, rearranging atoms to create spaghetti and meat balls is also not impossible. At some point it could be like star trek. Just order up a plate of fried chicken

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

We need less people, or less poor people.

Technology is going to allow people to live without need to work in the near future. We are going to see some serious problems and amazing advancements in the near future. Will our profit driven masters heed to allow this to happen?

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: DBCowboy

We need less people, or less poor people.

Technology is going to allow people to live without need to work in the near future. We are going to see some serious problems and amazing advancements in the near future. Will our profit driven masters heed to allow this to happen?

I'm old. I'll let the people of the future decide their own fates.

I think tech cold sustain a growing population, but there are people who want less people.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

ism is not just a philosophy,
-ism
SUFFIX

forming nouns.
denoting an action or its result:
"baptism" · "exorcism"
denoting a state or quality:
"barbarism"
denoting a system, principle, or ideological movement:
"Anglicanism" · "feminism" · "hedonism"
denoting a basis for prejudice or discrimination:
"racism"
denoting a peculiarity in language:
"colloquialism" · "Canadianism"
denoting a pathological condition:
"alcoholism"

in this case the word means a action not philosophy. and if you don't know what words mean how can you possibly have a discussion about the subject. never in my life have i heard anyone say that their philosophy is based on Cannibalism. i have heard they practice cannibalism as part of their belief system, not posed as a just philosophical belief. if that is clear enough maybe not.

edit on 22-10-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

There are surely far more practical applications for the creation and growth of Synthetic Human Flesh other than consumption for nutritional purposes.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Quite a question but Hound dog has it right. If it was not of our Species it would not be cannibalism.

Now if they were intelligent beings and were self aware of themselves and others It would be a messed up thing to do. We have to ask ourselves. What if Aliens came to earth and wanted to eat us? WOuld it be morally wrong for them to do so if we tread that path?

Now if you genetically instilled a wanting of to be eaten into them that would be even creepier. Imagine that. walking down th estreet. a hot babe walks up to you hands you a knife and say Ohh I want you to cut me and eat my meat so bad daddy. then she flashes her chest and ask you which one? or do you want to eat both? Follow me i have a grill you can cook me on over here.

Or...
Your doorbell rings and there stands a young stacked chick. Hi mister! im here for the bar b q! Do you have the spitting tool ready for me to be put on for dinner? Awesome! i cant wait to feel myself starting to cook! its liek what ive been born for!

The above are examples of such a world.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

A cheap, easy solution to world hunger and people are too stupid to see it.

Go figure.

You mean China could raise the extra daughters as livestock?

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

I think you should think again about your suffix.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Which one of your examples does not explain a philosophical process or process of the mind?

If you eating flesh because it's synthetic HUMAN rather than just good meat you have a philosophical argument that can be made that your fetish is to eat human flesh.

If you want to have sex with child robots who act like children there is an argument your a pedophile.

If your talking about morality it's philosophy.

If your asking if it's against the law it's another matter.

If you build a synthetic human and your excited by the idea of eating it's flesh there is probably se canabalism going on.

And further more there isn't a single canabalistic society that it wasn't a philosophy.
edit on 22-10-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

the question was is eating Is Eating Synthetic Human Flesh Cannibalism?
not, Is Eating Synthetic Human Flesh philosophically or morally wrong?

Cannibalism in this sense of the word means are you a cannibal.
can·ni·bal
[ˈkanəb(ə)l]
NOUN

a person who eats the flesh of other human beings:
"cannibal tribes"
synonyms: man-eater · people-eater · anthropophagite · anthropophagist
an animal that feeds on flesh of its own species.

in order to practice Cannibalism one can only eat the flesh of ones own species, not eat the flesh of one that looks like a human or your intent,not any other species no matter what they look like. if one has sex with a puppy it's not called pedophilia it called bestiality, if one has sex with a machine, it's called ASFR or technosexuality.

now as far as intent, or your desire, as i said that's another question all together. this question is the about the act of eating Synthetic Human Flesh not intent or your desire/thoughts while doing it.
edit on 22-10-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
if you dont know its human meat is it cannibalism?
....asking for a friend

How do we know whats in the meat served at restaurants and frozen dinners?

Everyone assumes its what the menu or label says.

Mystery Meat

If they opened a synthetic human flesh restaurant, not many people would stop to eat there.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
My question is "why, just why"? It's like vegetarians eating veggie burgers. Why, just why.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Exactly. We has a major case here in the UK a few years ago about the use of horse meat in our food. Apparently they'd been bunging horse in all sorts of beef dinners and pies. Nobody knew anything about it until it came out from the inside and people were more than happy with their beaf steak pies untill somebody on the inside spilled the beans that they were getting a bit of horse.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
i just has to ask - why ?

why would anyone want to produce " synthtetic human flesh " for human consuption ???

it cannot be easier , cheaper or faster to produce than any of the " standard " meat animals used in the west

so why ?

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Probably money to be made.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Plenty of medical and scientific study applications all the same but as to consumption???

Whats wrong with us???

The better question these days would be whats right with us i suppose.

edit on 22-10-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

Exactly. We has a major case here in the UK a few years ago about the use of horse meat in our food. Apparently they'd been bunging horse in all sorts of beef dinners and pies. Nobody knew anything about it until it came out from the inside and people were more than happy with their beaf steak pies untill somebody on the inside spilled the beans that they were getting a bit of horse.

There you go. Lots of stuff goes into our meat that isn't even meat.

Where do they think Jimmy Hoffa disappeared to? What about all those kids on milk cartons? People go missing all the time, are never found.

Rumors of child sacrifice, mob killings, gubment renditions, etc, etc.

I really wonder.

I used to fish the sacramento delta. The easiest thing to catch were catfish. "People" came by an offered to buy them to sell to peninsula restaurants. It didn't mater to either of them they came from the Delta, are polluted with toxins, and declared unsafe for human consumption.

So if they are hiding that on the menu at your local restaurant, what else?

Don't watch this, its for adults...

warning*** language and mature subject ***warning

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Nasty humans

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul
a reply to: infolurker

How can they do it without a genetic human donor?
Why are they even asking the question?
Very weird!!!

Yeah, but you could theoretically take the tissue sample needed to get a seed culture going without killing the donor.

I still wonder why someone would want to do this though. If you can lab culture beef, pork, chicken, fish, etc., why bother with culturing human meat too?

The thought is repellent.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join