It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

so Trump said he called all the families of the fallen but he did not.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: SgtHamsandwich
Maybe he did call and some of the families didn't answer. Just because the families say they haven't talked to him doesn't necessarily mean that a call was not placed.

I for one generally don't answer numbers that I don't recognize on my phone. Heck, he could of call me before and I would be none the wiser.

That's not how NOK calls work.

A preliminary call is made to see if the family is willing to accept a phone call from the President. If they give the okay, the President calls shortly after the first call.

The President isn't just randomly calling families while they're out to dinner or something.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   
because he's a total and absolute ass.

in the first interview about this he said he called or wrote all the families and OBAMA AND BUSH DID NOT

implying he's THE BEST and they're bad. absolutely and 100% disgusting in my eyes. who does that? A CON ARTIST DOES THAT CRAP.

now they're scrambling to write letters and call - he's an oaf, and those around him that support this nonsense should be ashamed.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Jesus, you guys have got to recognize that these totally subjective and INCONSEQUENTIAL issues are constantly being thrown to us for a reason, right? Argue over things that change absolutely nothing so they can continue their agenda unabated.

Who gives a flying # what has been said? We need to worry about what has been and is being DONE! And is usually right under our noses out of our view because we refuse to look anywhere except where they tell us to.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   
And how many people are asking questions about how and why these soldiers were killed in Niger?

How the operation was a complete balls up.

How a civilian contracted helicopter evac is probably responsible for one of the deaths.

I agree, it's a complete distraction from the real story, which is a bunch of soldiers getting killed when they shouldn't have been.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   
it's funny because I was watching that first interview live ( the impromptu rose garden one ) and I could tell by the way he said it he was lying, I just knew it. especially when he went on and on about Obama and bush not doing it. I figured all his people were freaking out because, again, it would be an easily provable lie.

can't help himself. the con artist in him is so ingrained.. it's what he's done his whole life.

easily checked stupid lies whose only function is to make him look THE BEST. crowd size, his wife's education, how much money he's made..

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

If one says something is true to the best of their knowledge, they mean that they believe it to be true but it is possible they do not know all the facts.

Liars calling out the president for lying is troubling, especially when those liars are tasked with informing the public.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Raise your hand if you've never told a lie. If your hand is not up, and you are mad at trump, you are a hypocrite. You're welcome.
edit on 22-10-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

you think lying about dead soldiers is okay than? cool.

damn unpatriotic to me... he's a puss.

edit on 22-10-2017 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Raise your hand if you've never told a lie. If your hand is not up, and you are mad at trump, you are a hypocrite. You're welcome.

Do you not think the rules are maybe a little bit different for Presidents than you or me?

Our lies don't matter, they have very little power outside our immediate circles, they don't get people killed.

His lies do matter. They have great power. They can get people killed.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   

i guess you dont get it

i am asking why he seems to lie all the time and about bull# a lot of the time.

there is nothing wrong with saying i dont know.
not even i dont know just saying i am in the process or whatever.

not say a think but mean another thing and then clarify the first thing with something else.

edit on 22-10-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Raise your hand if you're commander in chief and lied about your record of contacting families of deceased soldiers for personal gain and ego wanking.

There's a huge difference in the context here and given he's President of the US, his actions have more consequences and importance for the average John Doe. If Trump is so morally corrupt he'll lie about this, then what else is he lying about.

It also has impact on his ability to lead the country. While I'm no fan of Trump his major strength is in negotiating deals, he's got a pretty good record of playing a good hand. Democrats also used below the belt disrespectful tactics of dishonouring dead soldiers by using the issue to set an obvious trap for Trump and he fell for it hook, line and sinker by putting his own ego before the facts and results. It's a huge weakness and character flaw I imagine every other country and lobbyist will be looking to exploit now, if not before.
edit on 22-10-2017 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: SgtHamsandwich
Maybe he did call and some of the families didn't answer. Just because the families say they haven't talked to him doesn't necessarily mean that a call was not placed.

I for one generally don't answer numbers that I don't recognize on my phone. Heck, he could of call me before and I would be none the wiser.

That's not how NOK calls work.

A preliminary call is made to see if the family is willing to accept a phone call from the President. If they give the okay, the President calls shortly after the first call.

The President isn't just randomly calling families while they're out to dinner or something.

Maybe nobody answered the preliminary call?

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
To the best of his knowledge. That is vague, it only includes ones he was personally aware of. Basically very few.

Why would the president of the US call every family that lost a spouse or child in battle. Oh wait, what battle, we have not lost many since he was president in actual battle. I can see the president sending them a personal letter, all he has to do is sign it. That is acceptable, but we do not want him calling people all day long, he has a job to do.

I have no problem with this, he clearly said to the best of his knowledge, that is probably not a lie.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

But it's trump and he lies best doesn't he? He's the top of the heap. Always the best at everything. Politicians lie sometimes. Sometime they don't mean to, and sometimes they over promise not knowing what obstacles they are going to face.
That's not trump though so don't even pretend that it is. He is a compulsive liar bordering on mental illness. What he does is not a politicians error or inability to deliver on a promise. He's a sick sick puppy who just lies and lies and lies and we BOTH know there has never ever been another politician like him ever.
edit on 10222017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

What? No! Another politician that lies?! Quick, stop the world, I want to get off

If you become complacent with all the lies, we have nothing to expect except more lies.
Don't become complacent. Demand the truth.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

None...he just lies for the sake lying. He has this dusional view of himself as being the best at everything or at least having people THINK he's the best so he lies about his accomplishments because he thinks we're stupid and won't check ( another lesson he has yet to learn is the truth will out) and will just say oh how wonderful you are.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
To the best of his knowledge. That is vague, it only includes ones he was personally aware of. Basically very few.

Why would the president of the US call every family that lost a spouse or child in battle. Oh wait, what battle, we have not lost many since he was president in actual battle. I can see the president sending them a personal letter, all he has to do is sign it. That is acceptable, but we do not want him calling people all day long, he has a job to do.

I have no problem with this, he clearly said to the best of his knowledge, that is probably not a lie.

He invents scenarios in which he can further his self- aggrandizement. Do you not find it very disturbing that a grown man is so needy and emotionally unstable that he feels the need to do this? I mean, he didn't have to say any of those things and create a #storm for himself. And he'll probably do again this week with another topic. He doesn't learn from his mistakes, and that's what's really scary.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

That's what he's there to do. He and the media are working together to polarize the country more than it's ever been polarized before. Anyone paying close enough attention will recognize that the media and Trump are controlled opposition working for the same people.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

He doesn't have ten minutes? Perhaps if he cut back on his tweeting time?

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6
Sorry we can't take your call right now.
Please leave a message after the tone....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join