It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

so Trump said he called all the families of the fallen but he did not.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 06:11 AM
link   
looks like another lie

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Multiple families of military service members killed in the line duty are now getting rush-delivered letters from President Donald Trump, days after Trump claimed he had called the immediate families of all service members who had been killed since he took office in January.

“To the best of my knowledge I think I’ve called every family of somebody who’s died,” Trump told Fox News’ Brian Kilmeade during a radio interview. “It’s the hardest call to make... the hardest thing for me to do is to do that.” He later hedged his claim to Kilmeade saying, “I have called, I believe, everybody ― but certainly I’ll use the word virtually everybody.”

i just dont understand the constant lies.
why lie about this? why say you have called them all if you have not?

the Washington Post interviewed the families of 13 service members who were killed after Trump took office: Half of the families received phone calls from the president, the remainder had not heard from Trump. The Associated Press reported it had reached out to the families “of all 43 people who have died in military service since Trump became president,” but only “made contact with about half of the families.”

Some families told AP they were comforted by Trump’s call, while others hadn’t heard from the president. The family of Army Sgt. Jonathon M. Hunter, who died in a suicide bombing in Afghanistan in August, was promised a call from the president but instead heard from Vice President Mike Pence.

maybe i am just not meant to understand

i will ask though what is a gold star family? i assume it is the family of a soldier that has reached a certain rank?

i know the president can not call the families of every soldier that dies. thats just not possible
so what is the deciding factor in which family gets a call?

i just think that is the president says he will call he should and if he says he did call then he needs to have done it
edit on 22-10-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

What? No! Another politician that lies?! Quick, stop the world, I want to get off

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

What? No! Another politician that lies?! Quick, stop the world, I want to get off

everyone lies. (thanks House)

i just wanted to have a conversation about why this current president seems to take it to the next level.

why lie about something like this? what is the benefit of saying you called if you did not?

this is not a lie to protect citizens or military secrets. what purpose does it serve?

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   

He's a self serving, bigoted pig, he's told so many lies that he's probably forgotten he's lying, he actually just believes everything he says because he says it .

And at the end of the day, with the state of politics and the corporate control, the truth is irrelevant, the only thing that does matter for the ratings is lies. Truth is secondary

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Agreed. I wouldn't expect any leader of a country to be able to write or call all the families but I do expect them not to lie. It's a nice gesture that may offer some comfort to the family, but I imagine lying would be incredibly disrespectful to the fallen and and unnecessarily bring up a lot of painful emotions and press/public attention on the family of the deceased - which can never be a good thing.

Trump seems more interested in a minor ego boost or whatever minimal pr gains he may get than showing respect for the fallen - which is about as morally and ethically corrupt as you can get. He's shot himself in the foot by piling lies on top of lies, when if he'd been honest from the start I highly doubt anyone would even be aware or care about if he did or didn't call.

As for 'gold star' family I'm confused myself. It seems to be some bull# PR term the US military use to make dying in battle seem like an honour and achievement, a bit like martyr. I hope I'm wrong but that's the impression I'm given in the context I've heard it used.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Maybe he did call and some of the families didn't answer. Just because the families say they haven't talked to him doesn't necessarily mean that a call was not placed.

I for one generally don't answer numbers that I don't recognize on my phone. Heck, he could of call me before and I would be none the wiser.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: SgtHamsandwich
Maybe he did call and some of the families didn't answer. Just because the families say they haven't talked to him doesn't necessarily mean that a call was not placed.

I for one generally don't answer numbers that I don't recognize on my phone. Heck, he could of call me before and I would be none the wiser.

true. i guess it is possible they did not answer but they were told to expect a call from the president. i lean towards them probably answering an unknown number if expecting a call from the president.

makes sense right?

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

everyone lies. (thanks House)

i just wanted to have a conversation about why this current president seems to take it to the next level.

The "next level"????

You seem to think these phone calls are more important than protection of the citizenry and military secrets to further this all out knit picking assault on this President.

Keywords from him: "I believe..", "virtually.."

That's not lying, that's being unsure but hopeful that he did.

Believe me....Our problems are hardly due to current events or people. They stem from historical, systemic apathy and willful ignorance.

Give the man a break... Hell, everyone could use a break!

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

No scum like Trump or any of the preceding dishonest, political spokesmen of corporate and military industrial will deserve any break

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

The "next level"????

You seem to think these phone calls are more important than protection of the citizenry and military secrets to further this all out knit picking assault on this President.

Keywords from him: "I believe..", "virtually.."

That's not lying, that's being unsure but hopeful that he did.

Believe me....Our problems are hardly due to current events or people. They stem from historical, systemic apathy and willful ignorance.

yes the next level. while i dont agree or like the fact presidents lie(all of them) i can understand the reasons behind some of them. national intelligence...# like that. i dont like it but i get it.

saying you made a call when you did not. lying about how many #in people are at your rallies. that is next level to me because those are lies that serve no purpose and to me it seems like a lie just for the # of it.

i did not assault the president. i said he lies and he does. i have not called him names or tried to turn this into anything else. i wanted to try to have a conversation about this but as usual it is getting nowhere.
asking questions and wanting a discussion is not an attack.

what did i say that makes you think that i think these calls are more important than protection of citizens? i dont know where you are getting that from.

quite frankly i do not feel like these calls are even the most important thing on the agenda. i have not piped in on any of the discussions about what he said or did not say during the phone calls or if he was disrespectful or not.

but he said he made calls he did not make. at least 1 family was promised a call from him but got Pence instead.

and you are saying virtually and hopeful. ok
seems to me like you are giving him a pass.

why is he hopeful or virtually sure? how come he is not actually sure?

we are not talking about 10k phone calls to make. it is a short list.

i just dont see what the benefit is of saying you did a thing when you didnt

i also dont see anything wrong with saying something like
"i am in the process of making calls and i apologize if i have not called you yet but i am still calling"

you know

just a little bit of truth about matters such as these go a long way

also when someone starts a thread it is not always an attack. i just wanted to have a discussion but i should have known that cant happen when talking about Trump

Tump is a smart bastard so we are all told. IQ is off the charts. he is mad smart
so why even get into the i believes or virtually everyone?

its a short list.
he either called them all or he did not.
why the need for the virtuals?

serious question
how could he not be for sure if he called them all?

i mean if he has 45 calls to make he either made the all or he did not. too much to keep straight?

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   

a reply to: EternalShadow

No scum like Trump or any of the preceding dishonest, political spokesmen of corporate and military industrial will deserve any break

Thank you for validating my point even though you overlooked it.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   
"To the best of my knowledge."

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   
ok. i am nitpicking.
fair enough

to the best of my knowledge and virtually everyone takes care of it.

sorry Trump

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Here's 2 videos just released, both of which are CNN interviews of grieving next-of-kin who give direct feedback in regards to calls from Trump...

This first one has a direct audio and video recording of a conversation between Trump and the wife of a deceased soldier....

edit on 22/10/2017 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

he called virtually everyone.
its all good

i looked up gold star family and it means the family of soldiers killed in battle.

what dictates if and when they get a call from the president though?

certainly the president can not call the family of every soldier killed in battle

i watched half of it.

she did say she did not hear from Trump but also said it is not important that she does. she also thanked him for ordering the strike in Syria.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: Sublimecraft
what dictates if and when they get a call from the president though?

I believe each POTUS follows recommendations from military council on a case by case basis - For instance, I wouldn't think he would be making calls for a 'death by post-combat suicide', even though those deaths make up a large number of deaths that occur in the US military. I would think most POTUS would apply whatever priority is necessary to them to make contact with each next-of-kin accordingly.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Once again look what you use as proof,a liberal newspaper that during the election were calling him names,why don't you use a reputable news source and you won't be posting lies,this BS was debunked on freaking Facebook and now it's on ATS,wtf is this site comming to

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

these days it does not matter what news site we use. i see it from both sides.
the right calls the lefts sources fake and the left calls the rights sources fake.

i posted what i posted. just wanted to have a discussion.
didnt do anything more than that

sublime, thanks for the answer my friend.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Maybe they just missed his call?

He's a busy guy being President. I doubt he has the time to make multiple calls if the first one isn't answered.

If there's one thing that seems genuine about Trump is he does appear to care deeply for America's soldiers.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Maybe they just missed his call?

He's a busy guy being President. I doubt he has the time to make multiple calls if the first one isn't answered.

If there's one thing that seems genuine about Trump is he does appear to care deeply for America's soldiers.

He doesn't just make a cold call out of the blue.

These are all set up by staffers in advance, with a time pre-arranged. If they can't get ahold of people by phone, they send letters and make an appointment that way.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join