It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why am I always "online now" ?????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   
You know, maybe I should have posted this in "rant", but I have to say, I'm really getting sick and damn tired of seeing my profile here on ATS and it ALWAYS says I am online "now". Why the heck is that?? I mean, sometimes I'm just lurking and that damn profile just gives me away every single time!!!!

I have this same damn problem with the mirror in the bathroom. Every time I go in there...there I am. It's frustrating as heck! Just one time I'd like to go in there and have some time to myself, dangit! I mean seriously! How hard can that be????

I must have come here to ATS 50,000 times just to see my profile say "member was online 5 minutes ago", but NOOOOOoooooooo.

I wanna' be like "online 17 minutes ago" and have some joker post some smack and then leap out of the interwebz (with my cloak and all) and yell "AHAAA...BUSTED...I was watchin' you the whole time, suckah." I mean, how cool would that be, right? "HA-HAAA!! You thought I was off in the kitchen eating Captain Crunch, but I wasn't, Ramen Noodle face!" Am I right?

Even the mirror thing in the bathroom is easy enough to figure out...just toss a big hammer through the door before you go inside and that screws up that suckah's game real quick!!

Anyway...sorry...I guess I should probably just go finish my Capn' Crunch now...hmmmph.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

All you have to do is surf ATS while logged out.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Not online as of 10-12 minutes ago.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   
NSA has the backdoor to the site. Also they track your sites before you come to this site and after you leave this site. In other words, they are also the "key master".
edit on 1000000035012017-10-22T01:01:35-05:00013510am1 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
You know, maybe I should have posted this in "rant", but I have to say, I'm really getting sick and damn tired of seeing my profile here on ATS and it ALWAYS says I am online "now".

You just don't look at your mini-profile often enough. Thanks to a quirk in the software, I frequently look to the left and discover that I "was on ATS ten minutes ago".
I believe it happens to other people too, especially after they make a post. Just click on the top post on the "Recent Posts" page. You will often find that the post which appeared in the last ten seconds was delivered by a user who was "on ATS five minutes ago".
So if you really want a change from the perennial "online" notice, just post something and THEN look left.
edit on 22-10-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

THANKS!!!

You are AWESOME!!! I needed that!!!

edit on 10/22/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
What you could do is open another account under a different name, say "Clay Pigeon", and you could monitor yourself to see if your original profile is on.
Do you like your other name as a lot of people don't know that a clay pigeon is a flying clay disc. Oooops, I've just told everybody your new identity. Keep cool and go and watch the sunset.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

That's hilarious. We once had a member who seriously asked "every time I log on, my profile says I'm logged on, even though I'm not posting, even the second I log on, it says I'm logged on."

lol! I think every response was "think about it".

FINALLY he said "oh." He was a bit embarrassed! You'd be surprised how long it took him.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

I'm really getting sick and damn tired of seeing my profile here on ATS and it ALWAYS says I am online "now".

That is to throw Them off. They never know when you are actually on.

It's our best interest in mind.

I guess I should probably just go finish my Capn' Crunch now...hmmmph.

That's gross. Keep that # private, man, please.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

You are the cutest guy! Always got something fun to add to a thread.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   
For the record, my OP was just tonge in cheek, hence the post in the 'funnies' section.

Perhaps a feeble attempt at humor.

new topics

top topics

join