It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas city refuses to give people hurricane aid unless they pledge not to boycott Israel WTF

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

A Texas city has required residents who are seeking government disaster relief funds in the wake of Hurricane Harvey to pledge not to boycott Israel. The city of Dickinson, about 30 miles (48km) south of Houston, posted grant applications for anyone seeking money for repairs after the category 4 storm.

Local officials say the pro-Israel clause is required under a Texas state law enacted earlier this year. The application has drawn a strong rebuke from free-speech activists. In the four-page, recovery aid application posted on the city's website, a section reads:

"By executing this Agreement below, the Applicant verifies that the Applicant:
(1) does not boycott Israel; and (2) will not boycott Israel during the term of this Agreement."

The provision stems from a law barring the state from entering a contract with any business unless it "does not boycott Israel". Boycotting Israel includes any action intended to "to penalise, inflict economic harm on, or limit commercial relations specifically with Israel", according to the law.

Read more : www.bbc.com...
Other sources:
www.independent.co.uk... www.washingtonpost.com...

Few things are more disgraceful than American politicians trashing the First Amendment of the US Constitution at the behest of a foreign power. Signing a loyalty oath to an apartheid ethnocracy in order to receive disaster relief? Unbelievable.

What does this hurrican have ANYTHING to do with Israel? Just demonstrates again the nefarious role the Israel lobby plays in U.S. politics. As if anyone needed any evidence to see how Zionists have usurped the American Constitution, this is it.

Next American citizens will have to pledge allegiance to Israel first, and then to the U.S.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Already posted here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Butthurtinflictor

This law is stupid.

IF people want to hate they are free to do so in America.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Gosh . But I guess my question would be " who is boycotting Israel ?"
Of course that would be declared irrelevant by you
Could it be one of THOSE laws that are still on the books ?
Like the one in a certain town in Virginia where it is ok to beat your wife on the courthouse steps at noon on Sunday ?
(I truly hope someone has rescinded that law since I read it years ago)

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join