It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just So We're Straight — Gen. Kelly Was Wrong

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: thesaneone

Jealous of what? If my goal was to occupy the top spot on the ATS front page, I'd join with a new name and pander to right-wingers. You'd unwittingly hail me as the savior of ATS and probably run my fan club.

Instead you attack Kelly because there is no way for you to defend the America hating crazy person with the rhinestone hat.

It's the rhinestones, right? Or is she culturally appropriating the cowboy hat?

C'mon, you can be honest.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvianfirst off she used a soldiers death to stage a attack on the president i do not condone hitting women but if i was a 4 star general in service or retired i would have back hand this old crone you don't disrespect a soldier 's sacrifice like that period. she went to this heroes house during this families loss for crap like that period shame shame congresswoman.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: redtic

originally posted by: jimmyx
hey, she's a black woman, wears funny hats, and is a democrat...perfect punching bag for the alt-right

Oh come on, you can just see the hatred for America exuding from her face whenever a camera is pointed at it.

Funny - just how you can see your racism exuding from your posts.

The old tired worn out racist card, imagine that.

She dresses up make believe to look like a whorehouse madam while at work, check.
She has a tense angry look on her face when spewing her hatred of America, check.
She also sports a smug look because she is protected by her privilege of occupying a Congress Seat, Check.
She is black, check
The above facts support the statement that she has black privilege (as opposed to white privilege she loves to rant about on the media) and is abusing it.

It must irk you to no end that there is not an ounce of racism in those facts.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Jealous of what? If my goal was to occupy the top spot on the ATS front page, I'd join with a new name and pander to right-wingers. You'd unwittingly hail me as the savior of ATS and probably run my fan club.

Instead you attack Kelly because there is no way for you to defend the America hating crazy person with the rhinestone hat.

Ah, there it is

That's right up there with the nutcase congresswoman 'looking up' the word 'empty barrel' in the dictionary before coming to the conclusion it was racist.
You guys just can't help yourselves.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

What are you talking about?

This starts MONDAY with the President grandstanding about outreach to the families of fallen soldiers. Is that inaccurate? Did he not in fact pat himself on the back about his outreach to the families of slain soldiers and say that others did less than he, specifically naming Obama?

So you can type SHOWBOAT in caps if it makes you feel some certain way about Rep. Wilson but your lack of standards is disappointing.

You tell me what part of this is accurate:

And a congresswoman stood up, and in the long tradition of empty barrels making the most noise, stood up there and all of that and talked about how she was instrumental in getting the funding for that building, and how she took care of her constituents because she got the money, and she just called up President Obama, and on that phone call he gave the money — the $20 million — to build the building. And she sat down, and we were stunned. Stunned that she had done it. Even for someone that is that empty a barrel, we were stunned.

- Talked about how she was instrumental in getting funding for the building? Nope.
- Talked about how she took care of her constituents because she got the money? Nope.
- That she called up President Obama and he "gave money" to build the building? Nope.

In fact, not only is it inaccurate, it's entirely inaccurate. She didn't say that she fought for funding. Didn't say that she called Obama. Didn't say that her call to Obama resulted in funding. None of that is true. If I'm wrong, please point out where I am. UKTruth is incapable of admitting to being wrong (which is probably good for him because really, where could he find the time?) so I won't waste my efforts on him.

And what she did say about the dedication getting done at an accelerated pace? Count the number of people she credited:

Immediately I went into attack mode. I said to the Speaker (John) Boehner. And I said Mr. Speaker, we need your help. The FBI needs your help. The country needs your help. And we have no time to waste. He went into attack mode and in two days forwarded it out of committee, brought it to the floor for a vote. Representative (Carlos) Curbelo and I presented it and we all voted for it. And I dashed it over to the Senate and put our senators on notice. Put it on your radar. Sen. (Bill) Nelson and Sen. (Marco) Rubio ... hotlined it to the Senate floor in two days. And guess what: the president (Obama) signed the bill into law this past Tuesday, April 7, 2015 with a bang, bang, bang!

5 people were cited by name and not one, not two but THREE of them were Republicans (Boehner, Curbelo and Rubio).

How in the world can you actually find fault with that? And if you're so quick to find fault in *that* how is that you can keep not finding fault in what Trump says?

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Liquesence

Ah, there it is

That's right up there with the nutcase congresswoman 'looking up' the word 'empty barrel' in the dictionary before coming to the conclusion it was racist.
You guys just can't help yourselves.

You missed the point, as usual, in your attempt at trolling.

*yawn*

Carry on, UK.
edit on 21-10-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

i would have back hand this old crone

Really? You would have hit an elderly woman in the face for reporting exactly what the widow's perception was?

you don't disrespect a soldier 's sacrifice like that period

Unless of course you're Donald Trump, disrespecting gold star parents, right? Or how about if you're Donald Trump and you disrespect the service of a decorated veteran like John McCain?

Here, I'll quote myself from the thread about Gen. Kelly's statements:

a reply to: matafuchs

Maybe McCain will speak up but that is a given.

That's how right-wing political correctness works right there. Jesus. McCain doesn't toe the line? Talk # on the guy. Right? Because Trump supporters "don't like people who were captured."

It's bizarre how Trump supporters continuously make excuses for a draft dodging clown who has repeatedly disrespected veterans, the parents of a fallen soldier, etc and then turn around and attack a man who requested a combat assignment, was wounded trying to save another pilot from a burning plane — and still volunteered for another assignment. A man who was shot down on his 23rd flight over Vietnam, broke his arms and legs ejecting, was bayoneted by the VC on the ground and became a POW. When offered lenient treatment for signing statements "admitting" that the US were criminals, like many other brave, loyal American POWs, he refused and faced years of regular torture for it. Similarly, offered a chance to be repatriated early (probably because of his father's position), he abided by code, convention and fraternity — and refused — spending what, 5 years as a POW?

What the f# was Trump doing? Keeping black people from renting daddy's apartments?

Trump supporters have no real standards. Just goal posts they can conveniently move around to be outraged. What a sad, disgusting joke.

"I don't like people who were captured." Douche bag.

If you want to go the route you're trying to go, be sure you're consistent in your standards.
edit on 2017-10-21 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I see you are still struggling to accept the simple fact that she WAS showboating and was completely inappropriate.
It's perfectly easy to see why Kelly and others were disgusted at her effort for such an occasion.

So his point remains - as do the countless other excellent points he made during his speech.

You can labour on him getting the subject wrong on her story of her own heroism all you like, it won't rescue a terrible week for the idiotic congresswoman.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Nah, I think I got the point, but happy to see you're backing off it.
It was rather like the congresswoman's strange accusations.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

hey, she's a black woman, wears funny hats, and is a democrat...perfect punching bag for the alt-right

Oh come on, you can just see the hatred for America exuding from her face whenever a camera is pointed at it.

She dresses up make believe to look like a whorehouse madam while at work, check.
She has a tense angry look on her face when spewing her hatred of America, check.
She also sports a smug look because she is protected by her privilege of occupying a Congress Seat, Check.
She is black, check
The above facts support the statement that she has black privilege (as opposed to white privilege she loves to rant about on the media) and is abusing it.

Funny thing about the racist card - oft times it carries truth with it. Check.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Forget what Frederica said. Her actions are what's most hurtful. She has voted against several initiatives that would help military people and Veterans. She is a disgusting human being.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

She is black, check

So you are openly admitting to overly using the racist card? Just smack that sucker on everybody you come in contact with that you don't agree with and hope a few stick, even a child on a schoolyard would be on to your tactic.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I saw that and it doesn't surprise me.

This is really very simple - she used a dead soldier as a route to attacking the President. The rest of the debate is just dressing.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

General Kelly was asking the idiot press to stop printing lies and bullshlt and let at least one thing remain sacred. That being the death of a fallen service member.

But keep telling yourself whatever you need and keep popping your Ambien.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13

If Kelly wants the media to stop printing lies and bullshlt, then he and Pres Trump should stop spewing them!

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

The black whorehouse madam dressup Congress fail woman and her rhinestones just cannot polish the turd that is the Fake News.

It's cool that you look at objective facts and decide to embrace ignorance instead.

Great role model for ATS and America, that.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   

All I see is your hatred and evil spewing forth in this thread.

Maybe get a mirror.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

She is black, check

So you are openly admitting to overly using the racist card? Just smack that sucker on everybody you come in contact with that you don't agree with and hope a few stick, even a child on a schoolyard would be on to your tactic.

Not sure I openly admitted to anything - only to believing that you, specifically, are racist. I suppose there's a chance you're not - it's just an opinion that has been formed by your posts on an anonymous, public forum.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I see you are still struggling to accept the simple fact that she WAS showboating and was completely inappropriate.

You struggle with the difference between fact and opinion.

It's perfectly easy to see why Kelly and others were disgusted at her effort for such an occasion.

To you but then again, have you ever once failed to carry Trump's water or anyone in his good graces? No?

So his point remains - as do the countless other excellent points he made during his speech.

In typical you form, you spouted off some opinions, declared them "facts" and claimed victory. It's a damn good thing for you that being a member of ATS allows you to persist in a Trump "alt-fact" bubble.

He was wrong. He made a number of statements that were objectively false. Objective facts are subject to opinion. Absolutely nothing about his story was accurate and it's only your opinion that he was somehow correct in spirit.

You can labour on him getting the subject wrong on her story of her own heroism all you like, it won't rescue a terrible week for the idiotic congresswoman.

Her own heroism? What are you even talking about?

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
This Congressperson will not be reelected . 3 years in to her first term and a proven clown . At least she adds a comedy approach to insanity unlike Pelosi and Waters.
Best political comedian money can buy.
A veritable "Rock Star" of comedy
Say goodbye to her next year. And make sure you remember her
No one in this country will

Uh..

You... you know she's in the House of Representatives... and that terms in the House are 2 years... right?

See, this is the problem.

People have decided not to bother with facts. They don't care about truths. They care about popularity.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join