It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just So We're Straight — Gen. Kelly Was Wrong

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

He was actually stating a fact - since confirmed.

What? He was stating a fact since confirmed by what? Gen. Kelly saying he didn't receive a phone call from Obama? You do realize that's doesn't prove what Trump said, don't you?

Also, here, this is from Fox News:

The Latest: Father of fallen soldier says no call from Trump

Relatives of at least a half dozen people who died in military service since Donald Trump became president say they never got a call from him about their loss.

This, despite Trump's boast that he calls all or nearly all military families when they lose a loved one.

The Associated Press is speaking with military families across the country to see if they got a call from Trump.

Some have not, and feel let down about it.

After Army Sgt. Jonathon M. Hunter died in a suicide bombing attack in Afghanistan in August, his family was told to expect a call from Trump. None came.

Hunter was 23 and from Columbus, Indiana.

His father Mark says the family wanted nothing more from Trump than an acknowledgment that Jonathon Hunter had made the ultimate sacrifice for his country.

The family spoke with Vice President Mike Pence at a ceremony honoring the return of the soldier's remains.

It's unreasonable to think that the President is going to personally call the family of every fallen soldier. That goes for Trump too and it's obvious that he doesn't. Which is why politicizing it with false statements on Monday was an absurd thing for Trump to do. Trump and in fact, the country, would be better off if he'd cut back on the lying and grandstanding.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I find it hard to fathom how anyone in this modern era would intentionally lie about something that was recorded on video. General Kelly must know that EVERY EVENT is recorded by someone. NO?

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Other Presidents including Obama have not called the parents of slain soldiers. That's a fact.

Trump said:

“If you look at President Obama, and other presidents, most of them didn’t make calls, a lot of them didn’t make calls," Trump said Monday. "I like to call when it's appropriate, when I think I am able to do it."

"President Obama I think probably did sometimes, and maybe sometimes he didn't. I don't know. That's what I was told," he said. "Other presidents did not call. They’d write letters. And some presidents didn't do anything.”

All factual.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I find it hard to fathom how anyone in this modern era would intentionally lie about something that was recorded on video. General Kelly must know that EVERY EVENT is recorded by someone. NO?

Indeed - and watching the video confirms what he was talking about.

The congresswoman seems delighted at being famous now, and is telling her kids she is a 'rock star' - based on her latest interview, just before she claimed to look up "empty barrel" in the dictionary and suggested it was racist. She is a complete moron and an embarrassment to the Democrats, so calling her an 'empty barrel' is actually being kind to her.

edit on 21/10/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: CynConcepts

So the Johnson family are weak-minded and unable to think for themselves?

Respond for themselves? Feel the pain of their loss for themselves?

Pfft.

No, I just know from experience how vulnerable one is when their husband dies suddenly. It natural to have a pent up frustration and even rage at how unfair it seems for someone you love to pass so quickly. Yes, it is easy to be manipulated in venting that emotion...because in that moment of grief...you are weakened.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
SHE didn't do anything wrong.

HE is a liar.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: nwtrucker

the congresswoman wanted to draw attention to the mysterious death of a young man she knew since he was a child. how is that bad?

Sure didn't sound like she was 'curious'. It was an attack on Trump, rather obvious.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
A comment in her defense. She was in a limo with a woman who's husband was dead, and a mother who's son was dead.
Whether another person liked Trump's comments or not, is irrelevant. The family didn't. They found it hurtful.

When Ms. Jackson got out of the limo, she was still upset, and very emotional. (The entire situation was highly emotional to start with) She was confronted by reporters, and was having questions thrown at her. Not having had time to gain her composure and organize her thoughts, she lashed out in an angry way. But she didn't lie and she was genuine. From what I've seen of her, she's quite animated, anyway. Seems like it's just the way she is.

I've been caught off guard before when I was angry and upset, and made comments that were perhaps too emotional.
I think this is what happened to her. All the lies that have been told by trump and 'the general who can't be questioned" have only put salt in the wounds.

What this means to me, and what I take away from this entire episode, is that Donald J. Trump is a liar, and I don't believe anything he says. I don't see how anybody else could either.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
What other Presidents did in these situations is completely irrelevant.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: thesaneone

Jealous of what? If my goal was to occupy the top spot on the ATS front page, I'd join with a new name and pander to right-wingers. You'd unwittingly hail me as the savior of ATS and probably run my fan club.

Uh. Ouch. Oh. Oh dear God. Dear God that's the best comment I've come across on here. Dear God thank you. I'd wager on that most people here would have no idea, no idea how much truth there is in this comment.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

I'm confused now. Guess I'd better watch the video. From what I've read (here and elsewhere), General Kelly did NOT accurately depict what Frederica Wilson said at the building dedication.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: jimmyx
hey, she's a black woman, wears funny hats, and is a democrat...perfect punching bag for the alt-right

Oh come on, you can just see the hatred for America exuding from her face whenever a camera is pointed at it.

Funny - just how you can see your racism exuding from your posts.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: nwtrucker

Okay. Well you said a whole lot of completely irrelevant things again, but I'll do my best to respond.

His advice to Trump-which I'm sure was in response to Trump asking him for advice- was to not phone as nothing would improve how she would feel.

Yea, I know. I've watched his press conference.

My gut tightened on his personal loss and the honest response he gave.

You shoulda been around when his son was killed. I was.

The tape of Trump making that call, or a similar one to another parent, I'm not sure which it is, is in the finest tradition set by anyone ever in a similar call.

I thought that call was great, and have never said otherwise.

Both you, yourself, and the OP claims reading 'transcripts'.

I claimed to "reading transcripts?" When did I do that?

I still believe neither of you have watched Kelly's speech whatsoever.

I believe you have a very loose grip on reality and a substantial reading comprehension issue. It is what it is.

your claims as to suggest alternate universes are in play.

What the actual # are you even talking about? I mean that 100% and completely honestly.

Lastly, you say 'half cocked'. More accurate would be FULLY cocked. I believe you have no idea how many other also feel similarly. I have looked for ways to achieve 'an agreement to disagree'. 10th Amendment. Dissolving the union into like groups. Anything to avoid the potential of revolt or civil war.

Cool.

After this....I almost looked foreward to finishing this one way or another.(If you get my drift)

I don't, but then again I tend to say what I mean rather than try to imply things.

That is the degree of sheer, cold rage that is building at the grass root level, rightly or wrongly.....Really.

I'm sorry you're so triggered by opposing viewpoints that you're driven to rage. That's pretty unhealthy.

Irrelevant to you, not to me.

If you don't 'imply' things as you say, then what's with you were 'around when his son was killed'. If that is saying what you think then you have two standards. Pretty vague. If 'around', means alive, then I'm betting your a damn sight younger than me.

You are correct on one point. I did confuse you with another poster regarding 'transcripts on the first thread on this topic. My apologies.

As far 'reality' goes, despite your rather glib talking points, the perception does exist that this is nothing but a 'hit' on Trump, that it was a planned effort by the Congresswoman and the mother-who is forgiven completely due to her loss. The thread represents a counter hit on a speech which backfired on the left and is nothing but left micro-dissembling in a desperate attempt to undo the damage incurred by the perps of this effort. That perception is reality, denied by you or not.

As far as triggered goes, a fair description.

I will cool down. I will not subtract nor forget this latest dung tossing effort.

It engenders nothing but contempt.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I'm confused now. Guess I'd better watch the video. From what I've read (here and elsewhere), General Kelly did NOT accurately depict what Frederica Wilson said at the building dedication.

Do watch the video. Patting herself on the back, droning on about how quickly she managed to get the job done. As Kelly said, all following speeches about the fallen agents and in front of family members and kids.
The ONLY thing Kelly got wrong was that she was not bigging herself up about funding, rather the naming of the building in time for the ribbon cutting.

That error in his recollection relating to funding vs naming is being zoned in on by those that want to salvage something from a situation that badly backfired on democrats, but the context of what he was saying, how selfish and inappropriate this awful woman is, was spot on. In fact, it's even WORSE that she was droning on about the damn building name, as if she performed some heroic act.

edit on 21/10/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Do watch the video - she is an absolute joke. Patting herself on the back, droning on about how quickly she managed to get the job done. As Kelly said, all following speeches about the fallen agents and in front of family members and kids.
The ONLY thing Kelly got wrong was that she was not bigging herself up about funding, rather the naming of the building in time for the ribbon cutting.

That error in his recollection relating to funding vs naming is being zoned in on by those that want to salvage something from a situation that badly backfired on democrats, but the context of what he was saying, how selfish and inappropriate this awful woman is, was spot on.

Wow...you're right! This woman is a World-Class SHOWBOAT...and a callous one at that. She reminds me of Jesse Jackson in his younger days.

p.s. I'm surprised that member "theantediluvian" would start a thread, based on such a minor error of recollection, on General Kelly's part.

edit on 10/21/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Actually, reading it, he makes conflicting statements. First implying that Obama didn't make any calls then saying that he probably did make some. Then he says other Presidents didn't call which could be true or maybe it's not true. Are there any presidents since the widespread adoption of the telephone who didn't call the families of any fallen soldiers?

That's probably not something that would be easy to pin down definitively. We do know that Obama did in fact call some family members.

But lets not get lost in semantics here. What was the implication that Trump was making? Surely we can at least agree that Trump was implying that he's somehow unique in his outreach to the families of those who have died in service to the country and that others, specifically Obama didn't do enough of it.

Any way, Obama did in fact call some family members of slain soldiers so your statement is actually technically less accurate than Trumps but it's clear from your statement that you were in fact picking up exactly what he was laying down.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Do watch the video - she is an absolute joke. Patting herself on the back, droning on about how quickly she managed to get the job done. As Kelly said, all following speeches about the fallen agents and in front of family members and kids.

That error in his recollection relating to funding vs naming is being zoned in on by those that want to salvage something from a situation that badly backfired on democrats, but the context of what he was saying, how selfish and inappropriate this awful woman is, was spot on.

Wow...you're right! This woman is a World-Class SHOWBOAT...and a callous one at that. She reminds me of Jesse Jackson in his younger days.

p.s. I'm surprised that member "theantediluvian" would start a thread, based on such a minor error of recollection, on General Kelly's part.

Here's a tissue.

You have a bit of brown on your nose.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Here's a tissue.

You have a bit of brown on your nose.

LOL. Whom did I get it from?

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Ironic you would talk about semantics, given the thread.

Your premise is based on Kelly mistaking FUNDING of the building for NAMING of the building and ignores the entire sentiment of what he was saying; that the congresswoman was showboating and gave a completely inappropriate address. It took her nearly 6 minutes to even discuss the slain FBI agents, after she'd narrated her tale of her own personal heroism in rushing the building name through Congress and the Senate

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: thesaneone

Jealous of what? If my goal was to occupy the top spot on the ATS front page, I'd join with a new name and pander to right-wingers. You'd unwittingly hail me as the savior of ATS and probably run my fan club.

Instead you attack Kelly because there is no way for you to defend the America hating crazy person with the rhinestone hat.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join