It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just So We're Straight — Gen. Kelly Was Wrong

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: thesaneone

Jealous of what? If my goal was to occupy the top spot on the ATS front page, I'd join with a new name and pander to right-wingers. You'd unwittingly hail me as the savior to ATS and probably run my fan club.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I do have to say this or I won't be able to sleep tonight: I do think that Trump simply got what Kelly told him to say wrong.

I do not think Trump had ill intention in the call. I think he meant the best he knows how, but that's the problem: he doesn't know how. He can't be sympathetic, he can't be empathetic, he simply cannot relate to people. He does not have the capacity to truly think about what he says or the overreaching consequences of what he says and does, especially now that he's POTUS.

He's a boor, among many other things (egotistical, narcissistic, insecure, etc).

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Precisely. I was struck with Kelly's honesty in one point, which I think he probably phrased to make it seem like Trump was asking for help ... "What do I say?"

He wasn't asking for help, he was admitting that the whole idea of someone else's life being important somehow is foreign to him.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Willtell

Trump doesn't apologize because he doesn't make mistakes.

Well, except that one time when he was caught bragging about sexually abusing women.

Trump, good Christian man that he is, doesn't even have to ask forgiveness from God.

Even as a non-theist .... THAT gave me pause for a minute.

Yeah he’s a theological heathen

He's one of the strongest cases of Narcissistic Personality Disorder I've ever seen; that coupled with his current diminishing abilities are absolutely terrifying.

And before someone does the "Well, thank you Dr. Gryph" BS ...

USAToday

All of that’s true. But to me the worst and most fearful attribute of Trump is his ability to self-deceive and deceive others.

That’s potentially catastrophic…

Trump can do a horrible act and persuade himself it’s not horrible and everybody else knows it is

And you have a quarter or third of the country as if their in a cult run by him, so their persuaded by default its right.

This is a prescription for a potential holocaust

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

a reply to: nwtrucker

Both you, yourself, and the OP claims reading 'transcripts'. I find that laughable. I still believe neither of you have watched Kelly's speech whatsoever. It is hugely in contradiction to your claims as to suggest alternate universes are in play. I mean that 100% and is an equally honest comment.

I watched the press briefing live actually. I provided the relevant portion of the transcript in case people forgot or hadn't watched Gen. Kelly giving his statements.

The tape of Trump making that call, or a similar one to another parent, I'm not sure which it is, is in the finest tradition set by anyone ever in a similar call. Period.

You're referring to the call to the widow of Staff Sgt. Mark R. De Alencar, Natasha De Alencar. I heard it and I thought Trump expressed himself well and Mrs. De Alencar was indeed thankful for the call.

That has little to do with the call to Myeshia Johnson and her perception which apparently means very little to many people having this debate as far as I can tell. What's important appears to be how Gen. Kelly feels and how Natasha De Alencar felt after speaking to the President when he called her about her husband.

I've consistently allowed for the distinct possibility (and what I feel is most likely to be the case) that President Trump had every intention of being sensitive and respectful. I believe Gen. Kelly when he says that Trump's call was influenced by his advice.

In fact, as I said right in this thread, my opinion is it was likely a miscommunication.

But if that's how she felt, that's how she felt. Kelly could have just as easily come out and said that the President was operating on advice that he'd given and that it was a miscommunication. That's not what happened though. What happened was how the widow felt about the call was completely disregarded and a strategy of attacking Rep. Wilson was undertaken instead.

That's unfortunate. And to think, this entire debacle started with the President trying to politicize this solemn act performed by many presidents, including his predecessors. Even now, you want to overlook that too.

Can you believe that Wilson's personal bias had no effect on how the Johnson family felt after the phone call from Trump? The other families called by Trump had no adverse reactions. They did not have any Trump dissenters present though, now did they?

Truly, it is not hard to fathom that Wilson twisted their perception of the call by her own biased perception. I can agree that the whitehouse response does not help. Yet, just as I feel bad for the Johnson family being dragged into partisan politics...I feel bad for Kelly being dragged into it as well.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

The hallmarks of Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD) are grandiosity, a lack of empathy for other people, and a need for admiration. People with this condition are frequently described as arrogant, self-centered, manipulative, and demanding. They may also concentrate on grandiose fantasies (e.g. their own success, beauty, brilliance) and may be convinced that they deserve special treatment. These characteristics typically begin in early adulthood and must be consistently evident in multiple contexts, such as at work and in relationships.

People with narcissistic personality disorder believe they are superior or special, and often try to associate with other people they believe are unique or gifted in some way. This association enhances their self-esteem, which is typically quite fragile underneath the surface. Individuals with NPD seek excessive admiration and attention in order to know that others think highly of them. Individuals with narcissistic personality disorder have difficulty tolerating criticism or defeat, and may be left feeling humiliated or empty when they experience an "injury" in the form of criticism or rejection.

Psychology Today

This is not to increase their self-esteem as much as it is to continually spackle the holes in their core that lead to a feeling of instability—and that, if not spackled, will lead to brittleness followed by fragmentation.

Narcissistic rage occurs when that core instability is threatened and furthermore threatened to destabilize them even further. Not unlike a wounded animal being the most vicious (because they think the next wound would kill them), narcissistic rage occurs when narcissists believe the next insult/assault to their grandiose based stability would shatter them.

Ibid

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

So the Johnson family are weak-minded and unable to think for themselves?

Respond for themselves? Feel the pain of their loss for themselves?

Pfft.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Give it up. The political stunt pulled by Democrats taking advantage of a dead soldier has backfired on them, badly.
General Kelly eviscerated that lunatic democrat.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
If you think about it, here are two very powerful white males, going after a lone black female, and are reduced to calumnies to make themselves look better than her. WTH.

It honestly is so warped and disturbing.

If you think harder about it, it was two black women who initially attacked a white man, not that it means much...
Think even harder and one day you might realise that a black woman being criticised is usually not because of her skin colour.
I guess it's too much to ask of race baiters to just quit with the BS, though.
edit on 21/10/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Your preaching to the choir...

I already had a war over with one of the ATS mods over this; I’m very familiar with it, as well psychology being my second major in college.

Also, I'm convinced Trump has some kind of OCD like obsession with Obama. To destroy everything he attained

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Oh, hi UK! I see you're making your partisanly pointed rounds.

General Kelly eviscerated that lunatic democrat.

He lied.

Give it up.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Lol, you lefties are working real hard to try and salvage some very bad optics for the Democrats.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
The black whorehouse madam dressup Congress fail woman and her rhinestones just cannot polish the turd that is the Fake News.

THIS is the most popular comment in this thread. THIS is garbage and reflects very badly on the state of ATS right now.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Possibly, we don’t look at things ALWAYS through eyes of political left/right polarities like you and many others here. At least I do not, and I’m sure many other “lefties” have a wider view of reality other than just left/right collisions.

We deal with right over wrong more than left and right

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Ante, don't wrestle with pigs. You both get all dirty, and the pig likes it.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

"highly decorated"

I'm thinking more "christmas tree" decorated

I made this for you:

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Yeah that'S more fitting, Bozo the clown meets Rudolph the red nose reindeer
edit on 21-10-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-10-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

If you think harder about it, it was two black women who initially attacked a white man, not that it means much...

If you think even harder about it, it all started on Monday with the President attacking his predecessor with a falsehood, politicizing these calls and using a lie to have something to pat himself on the back about.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

LOL niiiiiiiccce

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

If you think even harder about it, it all started on Monday with the President attacking his predecessor with a falsehood, politicizing these calls and using a lie to have something to pat himself on the back about.

He was actually stating a fact - since confirmed.
But anyway, think even harder and it was the radical left media who decided to use a dead soldier to perpetuate their sick war against the President.

Oh, by the way, I watched the video and turned it off after 3 minutes because all I heard was that lunatic democrat patting herself on the back telling everyone how wonderful she was. The sentiment of what John Kelly said is EXACTLY correct. She was totally inappropriate and the moniker of 'empty barrel' is well served upon her. You're beating a dead horse trying to salvage the horrible actions of this Congresswoman, but I know you have to try.
edit on 21/10/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join