It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberals Love Trump's Tax Plan... When Told It's Bernie Sanders' Plan

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: badw0lf
a reply to: Gryphon66

Interdasting. On another thread long ago, such things were winnowed down from many, to provide a narrative. Now they're chosen ones.

you guys change goal posts all the time, it's amazing that you keep score at all.

anywho, you're boring and I have legs.

Blatta blatta blah. More commentary about nothing.

Be serious ... did you even watch the video?

Nope, why would I even watch the video, or the second one posted just above. I have no interest in debating you, you will obviously scree and wail and I would just be howled down. Then you'll steal my mobile and call me a white nationalist, racist, homophobe and get your buds to chant at me.

plus, you don't have any interest in the topic, TRUMP BAD is all you care about, anything to say otherwise, is mere tomfoolery. A made up hoax by fake media to slight the left wing staunch compadres.

And I still have legs.

LOL. Thanks for admitting that you're only in the thread to troll. And, uh, not for nothing ... that's some pretty "out there" babble you're spouting there ... better have that checked out.

Just out of curiosity, can you quote even one thing I've said about Trump in this discussion?

No? Not a thing? Not a SINGLE THING???

Gosh, you must be listening to those voices in your head again. Do they have legs too?

Let me summarize what I have done here, I've demonstrated that the source of the fake video in the OP is funded by Koch, etc. dark money.

What have you done? Tried and failed to crack wise?

BWAHAHA.
edit on 21-10-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

I could care less who puts out a tax plan as long as it cuts taxes so we can compete AND doesn't raise middle class taxes!

I already pay through the nose.

This is just another example of "People are stupid".

If you support ANY bill just because it is backed by a particular party regardless of the details of that bill, you are an idiot.

The devil is ALWAYS in the details.
edit on 21-10-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

It's funny how easily triggered you are by many of my posts. The brevity of my commentary was all that was required to make the point. If you don't like that, then don't read what I write. If you think it violates some ATS rule, then report me. Maybe your whining will find sympathy from someone who cares about what you think.

Awwww. It looks like somebody is indeed triggered here but it ain't me friend. But you go ahead and project some bull# on me if you think it distracts from this thread's shortcomings. I can assure you as little as you care, I care even less. (glad we had an opportunity to have a who cares less pissing contest)

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

I could care less who puts out a tax plan as long as it cuts taxes so we can compete AND doesn't raise middle class taxes!

"Cut taxes so we can compete" ... do you have any examples of how that's worked out in the past in the US?

I mean, there must be some basis for a belief that gets repeated and chanted like holy writ, isn't there?

Or is it more "Trickle Down" fallaciousness? Are you tooting the Laffer Curve still?

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
I can assure you as little as you care, I care even less. (glad we had an opportunity to have a who cares less pissing contest)

We should really get this on a t-shirt. Maybe coffee mugs.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

"Cut taxes so we can compete" ... do you have any examples of how that's worked out in the past in the US?

I mean, there must be some basis for a belief that gets repeated and chanted like holy writ, isn't there?

Or is it more "Trickle Down" fallaciousness? Are you tooting the Laffer Curve still?

Really?

Corporations go overseas to avoid U.S. taxes | PBS NewsHour
www.pbs.org...

Ireland has become a mecca for U.S. tech companies
beta.latimes.com...

700 US companies now located in Ireland as direct investment soars
www.theguardian.com...

Worked pretty well for JFK...:

www.jfklibrary.org...

Kennedy had campaigned on the slogan of “getting America moving again” . But, recovery from the 1958 recession had been very sluggish and unemployment remained perilously high—6.8% just after he took office.

The president finally decided that only a bold domestic program, including tax cuts, would restore his political momentum. Declaring that the absence of recession is not tantamount to economic growth, the president proposed in 1963 to cut income taxes from a range of 20-91% to 14-65% He also proposed a cut in the corporate tax rate from 52% to 47%. Ironically, economic growth expanded in 1963, and Republicans and conservative Democrats in Congress insisted that reducing taxes without corresponding spending cuts was unacceptable. Kennedy disagreed, arguing that “a rising tide lifts all boats” and that strong economic growth would not continue without lower taxes.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

If sarcasm is not to your bent, I am therefore at a loss as to best entertain you.

Have you tried having a drink? Works for me. Half man half beast, surely you can try. Can't hurt that logical mind of yours much, at the least.

Oh but here, a free one, for free. I did watch the videos. I don't consider replying to a nonce like you particularly engaging, however. Cest la vie.

"Huuuurrrrr but dey is right wing ninkempoops. it's a fake!" is not really my forte to discuss. You carry on though, little guy. See if you can get other slack jawed yolkels of the left wing variety to scree behind you.

Stronger intellects have it covered. I'm off to slumber.

eta.
edit on 21/10/2017 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Ireland's economy is much differently structured than the US.

Great attempt at a segue.

Now ... in the US, where you and Mr. Trump are suggesting that "cutting taxes increases competition" ... do you have any good examples?

Or are you, as I suggested, trying to warm-over Voodoo Economics?

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

I can assure you as little as you care, I care even less.

Except in your previous post, where you cared enough to complain about what or how I post, rather than stay on topic.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   
You guys do know that as a whole the tax plan is terrible? All this interviewer is taking single points from the whole and some of those single points are good. But when you fit them into the whole plan its a #show.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

I don't consider replying to a nonce like you particularly engaging...

Ah yes, when in doubt, call your opponent a paedophile...

Very, very classy.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Ireland's economy is much differently structured than the US.

Great attempt at a segue.

Now ... in the US, where you and Mr. Trump are suggesting that "cutting taxes increases competition" ... do you have any good examples?

Or are you, as I suggested, trying to warm-over Voodoo Economics?

You truly cannot be this uninformed. I assume this is some sort of partisan resistance?

time.com...

That summer, Kennedy adopted the plan and put the full force of his persuasive powers into getting a big tax-rate cut through Congress. In September 1963, the bill passed the House. It was under consideration by the Senate when Kennedy was assassinated that November. That shocking event moved the Senate and the new president, Lyndon Johnson, alike to push through Kennedy's bill as a memorial to the slain leader. In February 1964, the Kennedy tax-rate cut won Congressional approval and became law. As Kennedy’s tax-rate-cut, strong dollar economic policy was being articulated and then implemented in the latter half of the presidency, the nation embarked upon an eight-and-a-half year, uninterrupted run of growth at just over 5% per year. Rarely have campaign promises, especially one so bold as to double the long-term rate of economic growth, been so comprehensively fulfilled.

“Getting America Moving Again”
www.jfklibrary.org...

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Aaaand another video from Campus Reform ...

Wow ... these all seem to have a theme, don't they ... confirming all the beliefs of RW nut jobs about how dumb liberals are ... yuk yuk yuk.

All paid for by Koch dark money of course.

Is that your real perspective take on these vids? What I see this as a wonderful opportunity for viewers to reflect on why they have a certain perspective. Certainly, these vids are partisan in nature...but it always leaves the door open across the field to deny their own ignorance.

If anything...it shows how much average Americans are more focused on life and studies and have given too much power to media proproganda on every front.

Edit add: Egad! Just realized I was lured into a mud pit! Carry on and vent. No need to respond to my post.
edit on 10 21 2017 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
a reply to: badw0lf

I don't consider replying to a nonce like you particularly engaging...

Ah yes, when in doubt, call your opponent a paedophile...

Very, very classy.

Very very droll, keep your explicit terms to yourself thank you very much. It has no meaning for that where I live... That you do, is pathetic.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

a reply to: Serdgiam

I understand completely. I beg your pardon.

I am unaccustomed to actual thoughtful commentary in the "Mud Pit."

That must be why you participate in that form, since you are unaccustomed to using thoughtful commentary yourself.

At least you admit it, although unwittingly.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

That must be why you participate in that form, since you are unaccustomed to using thoughtful commentary yourself.

I’ve provided more thoughtful commentary while passing gas than you have in the balance of your posts here.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

I know the players involved.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I’ve provided more thoughtful commentary while passing gas than you have in the balance of your posts here.

'Tis true. your wind has more content than your thoughts on just exactly why the left appear so bereft of substance.

.... legs..

eta: and I was in no way insinuating you were anything with the word nonce, just to clear that up. The word to me, means a word used when no other word is sufficient. I could have said dork, dunce, philistine, whatever, it was not what the other poster alluded to. If you took it as such, then I sincerely apologise. You offer much easier things to berate you for.
said in the nicest possible way.

edit on 21/10/2017 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I’m not uninformed at all as it turns out ...

The notion of Kennedy as supply-side forerunner is a powerful myth, but it is a myth. Context is key. Conservatives love to quote a speech Kennedy gave at the Economic Club of New York in December 1962. Here's one quote—I've italicized the crucial part often left out: "Our present tax system, developed as it was, in good part, during World War II to restrain growth, exerts too heavy a drag on growth in peace time; that it siphons out of the private economy too large a share of personal and business purchasing power; that it reduces the financial incentives for personal effort, investment, and risk-taking." JFK was not expounding an implacable economic philosophy; he was speaking about a very specific circumstance. The top marginal tax rate was 91 percent, which JFK wanted reduced to a "more sensible" 65 percent. Compare that with today's 35 percent top rate, and ask: If supply-siders are so enamored of JFK's tax policies, would they advocate a return to a "more sensible" 65 percent top rate? Applying Kennedy's tax talk to the current structure, JFK biographer Robert Dallek says, is like comparing "apples and watermelons."

US News and World Report

Now care to start dealing with apples?

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

That's only a symptom of you being unaccustomed to thoughtful discussions, that you think waste gasses are filled with enlightenment. For you, they are the best thing you can offer.

edit on 21-10-2017 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join