It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberals Love Trump's Tax Plan... When Told It's Bernie Sanders' Plan

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Paint by numbers politics.

"You got meeeeeee...."

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

"You got meeeeeee...."

The media never frames it fairly so they probably are working off of bad information. I don't blame the people as much as I blame the media.

edit on 2017/10/21 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

"You got meeeeeee...."

These kinds of posts are fun, but don't show anything.

The fundamental point is that a majority of people across the aisle are pretty ignorant, not politically savvy, hyper partisan, etc. That's why these street interviews are silly, and not some kind of representative valid poll of a certain demographic.

It's like Mark Dice. I kinda enjoy the guy actually. But he does these street interviews of surfer bros and girls in CA on the beach, and then says "see how stupid all these liberals are in CA?" But if you did the same non-representative interview cycle at let's say Stanford University or UC Berkely, you'd encounter a lot of very highly educated, high IQ people and have the opposite bias. Also both in CA.

+19 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Nice try. This was not some scrub university it is George Washington U. in DC. Also I think it is funny you think someone at Stanford or Berkely are "highly educated" this shows exactly what is happening and that is people are blinded by partisanship.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

One would think. Judging from the actions of students in Ca., I'd give the nod to the broads on the beach....I.Q. wise....

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing this video. Unlike others I have seen that simply make fun of the opposite partisan side, this video actually shows that the individuals intelligently recognize that they were biased to "Trump". A wake up call not only for them, but for others on both sides.

I am sure this same angle could easily be applied vice versa. Too many have become biased based on media only on both sides. The word "Trump" today instantly frames their perspective of whether they will agree or not. Republicans on the street would scoff at the mention of Bernie or Democrats...the same way.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

One would think. Judging from the actions of students in Ca., I'd give the nod to the broads on the beach....I.Q. wise....

I think that is non-representative too. I find the extreme move towards identity politics and shutting down free speech to be illiberal and abhorrent. But don't pretend that you know that all 20-30,000 Berkeley students are antifa members. I grew up in the Bay Area. Berkely and Stanford attract some of the smartest people in the world. Like Harvard, they have top students from around the world fighting to get in. Fact, not opinion.

Like it or not, both schools are in the top 20 schools in the world.

Stanford at #3, Berkeley at #10.

www.timeshighereducation.com...#!/page/0/length/25/sort_by/rank/sort_order/asc/cols/stats
edi t on 21-10-2017 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc

Nice try. This was not some scrub university it is George Washington U. in DC. Also I think it is funny you think someone at Stanford or Berkely are "highly educated" this shows exactly what is happening and that is people are blinded by partisanship.

Refer to my post above. Are you meaning to say that those who attend some of the best schools in the world, and hardest to get into, are not highly educated on average? What a foolish statement. Those two schools to this day have some of the top rated programs in the world. Stanford's MBA, for example, is #1 in the world. UC Berkeley's public policy school, when I was looking at it, was number one in the country above Harvard.

Also, my point stands firm. There are idiots on both sides of the aisle, students and other. Most people are not politically savvy, let alone interested.

The fact you dont' know this, brings into question your level of education. If you were, you would know that random interviews anywhere do not show any kind of statistically valid and generalizable representation of a certain demographic.
edit on 21-10-2017 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

He mentioned three aspects of the tax plan. Those three aspects are generally supported by liberals anyway. The death tax only applies to estates over 5.5 million dollars but no one seems to know that so yeah people across the spectrum think your family shouldn't be taxed when you die.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

That is exactly what I am saying, Society posts some bogus premium on College. I know people with no college that are way smarter than some college graduates. My point is college does not equal smart. It just shows those people either have money to pay for a degree or were willing to get so far in debt to start out their lives which shows me they are not that smart.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

That is exactly what I am saying, Society posts some bogus premium on College. I know people with no college that are way smarter than some college graduates. My point is college does not equal smart. It just shows those people either have money to pay for a degree or were willing to get so far in debt to start out their lives which shows me they are not that smart.

You are still dancing around my fundamental points. At no point did I ever assert that you had to go to college to be smart or educated. Please reference where I said that? Otherwise you are projecting. I personally know a lot of people who didn't go to or finish college who are very smart.

I DID say that those two colleges have excellent programs and smart kids. Also, while it is true that for some colleges all you have to do is be able to pay, excepting corrupt legacy students (like George Bush Jr. let's say), it's actually very very hard to get into that level of university.

My whole point was underlining that random interviews are not representative samples of any demographic, in this case liberals. Let's be honest here, you are focusing on the fact I referenced two colleges in CA rather than my main point about how these street interviews aren't representative samples. Why are you not focusing on my main point?

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

What's the use of this exactly? First off, only certain aspects of the tax plan are mentioned and even then, with no details.

If you called the PPACA "TrumpCare" and listed three provisions with the most bipartisan support, you don't think you'd get a bunch of Trump supporters to agree with them?

Would you rush to ATS with the "Trump supporters love ObamaCare... When told it's TrumpCare" video? I'm thinking not. This sort of thread adds nothing to policy discussion, it's just carefully crafted propaganda fodder for partisan circle jerks.

If you want to prove how informed you are compared to these people and promote Trump's tax plan, why not just make a case for how great it is in your own words?
edit on 2017-10-21 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Also, really? How is this even a valid OP?

*YouTube video embed*

"You got meeeeeee...."

Could you be any lazier in your tribal signaling than that? At least put forth the effort to add some commentary. You want to criticize people for "paint by numbers politics" but what do you think your OP is?

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Oh, and way to keep it classy in your one post attacking my level of education because I am pointing out the fact that this was not random people on the street. You are the one placing a premium on education and I was only pointing out this was also a University.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Oh, and way to keep it classy in your one post attacking my level of education because I am pointing out the fact that this was not random people on the street. You are the one placing a premium on education and I was only pointing out this was also a University.

You are the one focusing on my random reference to two colleges in CA, rather than the main point I was making. You do realize that this is a bit disingenuous right?

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Sorta like conservatives liking Obamacare when it was called Romneycare?
And when NPR tweeted out the Declaration of Independence on July 4th — and Twitter went nuts?

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

What else is disingenuous is you saying how smart one has to be to get into these schools "with the exception of GW Bush" So anyone you disagree with politically must not be smart?

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

Sorta like conservatives liking Obamacare when it was called Romneycare?
And when NPR tweeted out the Declaration of Independence on July 4th — and Twitter went nuts?

Right, that was my point too. We can find low information interviewees or voters on both sides of the aisle.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

What else is disingenuous is you saying how smart one has to be to get into these schools "with the exception of GW Bush" So anyone you disagree with politically must not be smart?

At this point you are being totally obtuse, and not worth the time. I threw you a bone that some people get into these colleges based on family connections or donations, which is true. I'm over talking with you. It's clear that you have some kind of personal resentment around education or some other issue, maybe liberals alternatively.

I would suggest arguing the points people are making, not sidelining discussions to random points such as "are people smart at Stanford or not."

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

But I agree with you on this point, there are definitely idiots on both sides of the political spectrum. The biggest idiots are the ones that believe that there is still a difference between the two parties in this country.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join