It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

England, France and other countries plan to ban gasoline engines

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: CB328

Not sure why you think American conservatives should care about things in England or France.
Absolutely! It's not like they are beholden to any oil companies whose lifeblood is the global cost per barrel!

Add Canada to the growing list....

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: Metallicus

Hate to tell you but California is already considering a ban on sale of fossil fuel vehicles after 2030.

As goes California, so goes the rest of the junkyard.

That will be pushed back to 2050 , then 2080...
Maybe by 2100

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Yea, interesting. My guess is that they'll continue to build both gas & electric, particularly gas light trucks. Then what will happen is that in the cities, particularly those that are in non-attaining per the EPA, they will forbid driving of gas vehicles. In some cities, many folks may buy an EV to commute about the city, and have a gas powered truck to drive to the lake on the weekends.

That's just o.k. with me. The problem however, particularly on the West Coast from what I hear and read, is that the Utilities are maxed out as it is with very little spare electrical production. They've warned that they haven't even begun to model how much electrical production capacity they'll need to keep up with demand for recharging electrical vehicles. My guess is that people are installing solar where possible and use that to recharge their vehicles at home. Tesla has developed a home unit complete with batteries so you essentially recharge the battery and use the battery to recharge your Tesla car. All great.........for the rich folks.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Im kinda poor..

But I have an electric car.. I live in Arizona..

I bough a used 2013 Chevy Volt (fully loaded) for 13k. Its a pretty sweet car. Its fast, and I spend NOTHING in electricity. I use all electric to work and back.. and If I go on a long trip, it has a built in gas generator for the electric engine.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

ehhh emmm ill have you know i am quite fond of both english and french women

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I'm going to refer to the "electrics" as DS cars from now on.

DS=Deep State.

Guaranteed to fail if SHTF, they are.

Nuff'

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 02:25 AM
link   
There also will be a ban on producing 2 stroke mopeds after 2018 in the EU

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix
I'm going to refer to the "electrics" as DS cars from now on.

DS=Deep State.

Guaranteed to fail if SHTF, they are.

Nuff'

There are many different ways to generate and store your own power/electricity these days.

It is your choice to let the deep state think for you and ultimately decide your path.
edit on 22-10-2017 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Here is the story from 3 years ago www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
I don't know if I support completely banning combustion engines,

I don't think combustion engines will be banned, but sales of new cars from 2040 in the UK does give time for things to change.

Personally, I drive a diesel which is well suited for the rural countryside I live in. Let's see what will happen in a decade because we may find that electric cars can replace the equivalent, rather than just running after the smug urban user who does five miles to the shops and back, and complains that their little Timmy has a cough because a diesel lorry drove passed.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join