It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2010: Hillary Clinton Worked to Protect Russian Spies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
The FBI spent a decade investigating a Russian Spy Ring before they decided to bust them up for getting too close to Hillary Clinton and her inner circle...

So here are the key facts: The FBI found that Russian intelligence had targeted Hillary Clinton before and during her time as secretary of state. Clinton’s spokespersons denied that this was so. Clinton opposed the Magnitsky sanctions on officials tied to Putin. After her husband received a half-million dollars in Moscow from a Kremlin-connected investment bank, Clinton moved with unusual speed to whisk the ring of 10 Russian spies out of the country and back to Moscow. She had the lopsided swap take place over a long summer weekend, before the FBI was finished with the spies, and before the spies could stand trial. While the FBI was separately investigating Russians involved with buying Uranium One, she approved the sale of American uranium to Russia’s nuclear weapons agency. Principals in the sale then plowed $145 million into her family foundation and projects.

Hillary Clinton’s interests in Russia when Russians targeted her...

She immediately used her position as America’s top diplomat to pour Russia-related money into her family foundation. One of her earliest acts as secretary of state was personally to authorize the State Department to arrange for 28 American tech CEOs and venture capitalists – 17 of them Clinton Foundation donors – to visit a Russian high-tech hub called Skolkovo. With Skolkovo, the SVR doesn’t need to steal when it can arrange legal purchases. The US military calls Skolkovo “an overt alternative to clandestine industrial espionage.” The Skolkovo visit, which reportedly began as a Clinton Foundation initiative, occurred in May, 2010, a month before the arrests.

More details on the methods the Russian spies used to get close to Clinton and her inner circle can be found here...

dailycaller.com...

edit on 21-10-2017 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I can't wait to read the pending defense of Clinton and the equivocation as to how it was really Trump somehow.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Hillary isn't going to jail, get over it.

Side note: She deserves to go to jail but you and I know that's not going to happen in our totally corrupt system.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
They targeted her, and they brought her into the fold.

Simple as that.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
its not our completely corrupt system it is theres, for it to be ours we would have to be on the take knowingly.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientthunder

I rephrase then, THEIR corrupt system.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

I am far more alarmed at who is in the White House than any dirt on Hillary. She is a non story. The POTUS is every bit as dirty as Hillary, but far more dangerous.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

I think you've been drinking more than those two beer mugs you show!

Anything that brings light to how deep the corruption runs or has run within our government is never a "non-story".

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

While the FBI was separately investigating Russians involved with buying Uranium One, she approved the sale of American uranium to Russia’s nuclear weapons agency. Principals in the sale then plowed $145 million into her family foundation and projects.

This is patently false.

"Principals in the sale then plowed $145 million into her family foundation and projects."

Nope. $130+ million of the $140-145 million was donated by Frank Giustra in 2006-2007. Frank Giustra was the founder of the Canadian company UrAsia Energy. In 2007, UrAsia Energy and South African company, Uranium One, merged. At that point, Frank Giustra left the company and sold all of his stock, worth about $45 million. This was two years before Rosatom bought its first 17% of Uranium One and three years before the deal that was approved by CFIUS in October of 2010.

So that's just false. That's reality.

"Russians involved with buying Uranium One"

The Russian being investigated by the FBI was Vadim Mikerin, the general director of TENAM, subsidiary of TENEX, itself a subsidiary of Rosatom. TENEX is essentially the export arm of Rosatom. The bulk of what TENAM does is to transport blended-down uranium from decommissioned Russian warheads to US nuke plants. Mikerin had absolutely nothing to do with the Rosatom deal to purchase 51% of Uranium One. Mikerin was being investigated for taking kickbacks for no bid contracts (public relations and transportation).

"Russia’s nuclear weapons agency"

Rosatom is the umbrella for the entire Russian nuclear complex. It's not simply "Russia's nuclear weapons agency." It's more than 360 companies encompassing the entire commercial and military nuclear industry in Russia.

With this much disinformation in just two friggin sentences, how seriously should the right-wing effort to push this narrative be taken?
edit on 2017-10-21 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Hillary isn't going to jail, get over it.

Side note: She deserves to go to jail but you and I know that's not going to happen in our totally corrupt system.

I tell you what, if the Daily Caller keeps on the way it's going, I wouldn't be surprised if Carlson and his mates end up in the pocky, or end up with a serious cash flow problem if they get sued.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

While the FBI was separately investigating Russians involved with buying Uranium One, she approved the sale of American uranium to Russia’s nuclear weapons agency. Principals in the sale then plowed $145 million into her family foundation and projects.

This is patently false.

"Principals in the sale then plowed $145 million into her family foundation and projects."

Nope. $130+ million of the $140-145 million was donated by Frank Giustra in 2006-2007. Frank Giustra was the founder of the Canadian company UrAsia Energy. In 2007, UrAsia Energy and South African company, Uranium One, merged. At that point, Frank Giustra left the company and sold all of his stock, worth about $45 million. This was two years before Rosatom bought its first 17% of Uranium One and three years before the deal that was approved by CFIUS in October of 2010.

So that's just false. That's reality.

"Russians involved with buying Uranium One"

The Russian being investigated by the FBI was Vadim Mikerin, the general director of TENAM, subsidiary of TENEX, itself a subsidiary of Rosatom. TENEX is essentially the export arm of Rosatom. The bulk of what TENAM does is to transport blended-down uranium from decommissioned Russian warheads to US nuke plants. Mikerin had absolutely nothing to do with the Rosatom deal to purchase 51% of Uranium One. Mikerin was being investigated for taking kickbacks for no bid contracts (public relations and transportation).

"Russia’s nuclear weapons agency"

Rosatom is the umbrella for the entire Russian nuclear complex. It's not simply "Russia's nuclear weapons agency." It's more than 360 companies encompassing the entire commercial and military nuclear industry in Russia.

With this much disinformation in just two friggin sentences, how seriously should the right-wing effort to push this narrative be taken?

Thanks for saving me the bother.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

You forgot to copy and paste the rest of the story...

Bill Clinton did receive $500,000 to deliver a speech at a Russian bank that was promoting Uranium One stock, according to The New York Times, and the company’s chairman donated $2.35 million to the foundation in four installments as Uranium One was being acquired by Rosatum between 2009 and 2013.

All told, $145 million went to the Clinton Foundation from those linked to Uranium One and UrAsia, but it went to the charity organization and not the Clinton family. Furthermore, most of those donations occurred before and during Hillary Clinton’s 2008 campaign, according to The Post.

www.newsweek.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
What was that she said during the election?..."If he wins, we're going to hang"?

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Who can generally be surprised she's corrupt to the bone and has been against Americanism?

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

That's your response?

You forgot to copy and paste the rest of the story...

That's not from your DC source CLEARLY — you even provided a new link. What's your point? The DC story is so absurdly horrible that "UrAsia" doesn't even appear in it once because they're trying to sell you straight up disinformation. The details in the Newsweek article do appear to be correct. The person responsible for the donations btw is a man named Ian Telfer.

Let me ask you an honest question.

Knowing that I have just provided you easily verifiable evidence that the DC article was filled with many serious inaccuracies, used to construct a false/misleading narrative, has your opinion of The Daily Caller or the author of that piece changed one bit?

I'm not saying you should disregard everything reported in The Daily Caller but you should probably adjust your level of skepticism accordingly.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

So the ones crying about fake news all the time are actually susceptible to fake news? That's impossible!

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

So the ones crying about fake news all the time are actually susceptible to fake news? That's impossible!

We all know the drill.

People use the news when it favors their lean, and chastise it when it doesn't.

Ideally we all need to be critical of the media on an individual level apart from any group think.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Are you saying that Telfer is a Russian agent? And Hillary is such a passionate philanthropist that she tricked Russia into thinking she could sink the U1 deal so she could ship $2 million worth of schoolbooks to Kenya, or the like? Or was it the $500,000 given to Bill that sealed the deal?

Clinton didn’t want leverage. She wanted the issue to go away. She toiled feverishly to get the 10 Ghost Stories spies back to Moscow as quickly as possible. She accepted whatever Putin would give her to pass off as a face-saving swap. She folded America’s strong hand of cards. The US had ten relatively young, highly trained Russian spies in custody with immense, fresh knowledge of SVR statecraft. A normal secretary of state would bide her time and get the best deal.

These new claims are interesting, but there's still no new evidence. The author uses a lot of pretty language, but he doesn't specify what he means by Clinton's "feverish toil", for example. There's a lot of rhetoric and emotion. I'm curious about the circumstances around the swap though, it's certainly worth looking into. It's just, all the little lies and omissions that have been necessary to keep this story afloat up til now, it makes me real suspicious.

Edit: I totally understand how someone would think the investigation on Trump is unwarranted, but the MSM has been extremely cautious on that subject, compared articles like this. Both use anonymous sources, but here he's just telling fairy tales mixed with fact and half-truths.
edit on 21-10-2017 by Cutepants because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

I think this info in the vid will have some dot's for this thread . It has Russians and Uranium

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Lock her up gets more real by the day.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join