It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tattoo's

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

I'm sorry, but I can't stand the sight of tattoos!!! Personally, I don't find them attractive nor do they look clean. It kind of reminds me when I was in grade school and kids would draw on their arm with a black magic marker. From a distance it looks just like that! You really can't make out the tattoo unless your sitting across from someone. The only people who had tattoos back in my day were bikers, prisoners, and military guys who usually would only have an eagle or their branch of service emblem.

I recently attended a wedding. Two young women were sitting near me and my wife. I noticed their tattoos on their arms. One had a tattoo of Disney's Arial and the other women had an elephant, a gopher and a snake tattooed on their arms, lol! Really???? I can't imagine in 10 or 20 years they're still going to enjoy seeing those tattoos on their arms. As for the bride, she had a beautiful dress but the tattoo she had on her back took away from the dress.

Fads never used to be permanent and used to last maybe 10 years. Back in my day, a fad was bell bottoms, silk flowered shirts, patched jeans, white belts, long hair, platform shoes, lol. Thank God those were not permanent!! Now this young generation has permanent tattoos, those huge ear holes (whatever you call them), nose piercings (which remind me of a bull), tongue piercings...yuk, and the split tongues. It's really not smart for those who decide to get tattoos on their face. Not many businesses who hire professionals or have positions that deal with the public find that acceptable nor any tattoo that can't be covered-up.

I can't imagine what these tattoos will look like when the people who have them become senior citizens. I really can't understand what these young people are thinking. Do they really think their outlook, attitude and perspective on life won't change with age! What's even more puzzling, is when I see older adults following this fad!

I can foresee a huge money making business in the future with tattoo removal! I looked into it at one time. They get $200 or $300 dollars for a 15 minute session, and it takes anywhere from 12 to 15 sessions to remove them. Do the math$$$.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I can understand your feelings I think. I have an 18 year-old son. And I hope he won't go the tattoo route at any time. But if he does: you know, he could do worse things. In the grand scheme of things, it's not worth spending any negative emotion on. I've mentioned this a few times on the board recently, so I hope it's not getting old- it was and is a big thing in my life lately....but anyway, my 50 year-old brother-in-law suddenly got brain cancer (well he didn't get it "suddenly," but we had no idea that there was anything at ALL wrong with him until one afternoon when he had trouble putting his socks on, he went to the ER, and there was a giant tumor), and 4 months later he was gone. His daughter is 26, and while we still had hope for him to recover, she went out and got a tattoo, on the inside of her wrist. Her mom was NOT HAPPY about it, and we just knew that her dad (my brother-in-law) would be super upset. But he wasn't. She showed it to him and asked him if he was disappointed and he vehemently shook his head no (he could speak at this time, but it was difficult). He is the LAST person you would think would be ok with his only daughter sporting a tattoo.

But he was fine with it. He communicated that it didn't matter; that it isn't a thing that REALLY matters. He knew his life was in peril, and indeed it was, and he didn't give a fig about ink on her wrist.

So I totally agree with you....there are worse things for an adult child to get into.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

I have my own rebuttal.... does performing an act that pleasures you and is biologically programmed to produce children provide you with the sense of entitlement to control what that sentient being does ?

I fail to understand why a human being feels they deserve any more than a spider does, as some species of spider consumed by their young on birth you should be happy they only get tattoos. Mother nature has been kind to you.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeneralMayhem
a reply to: Abysha

Clothes , hats , cars , fat : All useful
Twatoos : Not useful

Im gonna have to disagree slightly!
I am a tattooist. It is my job. It is how i generate an imcome for me and my family, so there is some usefulness right there! It helps pay my bills and feed my people.
It's also very much a personal thing. You should not get them for other people or what other people think. You're the only one driving here, so its entirely a selfish personal past time. And thats ok. Its an experience thats for sure. No different than buying a nice couch or fancy computer. Its totally a luxury item.

I deal with people from all walks of life, from teachers and doctors to filthy drug heads and criminals too. You learn not to judge on face value.
And i have also learnt that a tattoo has very little, or no bearing at all on what kind of person is weating it.

Yes they can be an expression of self, of valies or ideals. A lot of people tell me they must have meaning to be important to them, which is fine, but i think if you like it that much that you're willing to wear it forever, then it probably has at least some relevance to yourself at that point in your life.

As for my own children getting them (i have 3 boys aged 9, 6 and 2), i have no problems. Id be flattered if they wanted me to do one for them. Id certainly suggest a lot of thought go into them for sure! But i wonder if they will be less likely to get any because their parents are covered in them and to them it might seem uncool to be like the parentals. But i would not change my love for them regardless of the pictures they wear.

Also would you spend 10k on a painting to hang in your house because it has a clever story or that it looks nice? Cause a good tattoo can easily set you back $10,000 for a whole limb covered.

Thats my 2c
Im happy to answer any questions too, if anyone has any!

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Hi SeaWorthy

A note from a 'professional'.
If a tattoo is designed appropriately and put in the skin correctly, you should get a tattoo that lasts many many decades and still be readable from a distance and hold its details and colour.
You will find most tattoos are too small and have details far too tight or close together to stand the test of time. The skin is organic of course, and changes as it ages so the ink will spread over time to some degree.
A skilled practitioner is aware of this and works accordingly.
Do it right and youll have a great result for years to come!
There is also a large responsibilty on the collectors part in terms of aftercare. That includes the healing process and the following years. Direct sunlight will fade and damage ink in the skin terribly, and after potentially $1000's of investment i find it crazy people dont try harder to look after them

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

...the loss you felt that day? What a melodramatic doofus. It's a freaking tattoo. I'm sure it made/makes her happy. and you said yourself that she's an adult. Being disappointed in her would be bad enough, but saying it made you feel loss is just Co pletely and utterly ridiculous and melodramatic. Get a grip. Is she healthy? Is she happy? Does she like her tattoo? Then who gives a damn?
edit on 21-10-2017 by Maroboduus because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-10-2017 by Maroboduus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

My daughter came home about 2months ago with a butterfly on the small screen f her back, yes, the ever dreaded tramp,stamp.

I just told her “glad you’re happy” and dropped it. Making a fuss seems counter productive.

Hang in there.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: jukejuke

What if she had come home and said she's pregnant?

Serious question.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   
My ability here at ATS lacks when it comes to inserting a picture... indeed it does for most. Which seems a good thing lest we be bombarded by them at every OP. SO..... the only way I know to show this , is by making it an Avatar. So here it is. It's well done, but that is not to say I would wish it. Many, many a points made, some humbling, others understanding. Thanks to all. It was made on a vacation of sorts while away.
edit on 21-10-2017 by Plotus because: details

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I may be overweight, unattractive and older, but I still consider getting a tattoo is like putting a bumper sticker on a Ferrari.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: Abysha

i dont know what this dudes problem is

has to keep it up i guess

i can think of some other things yolandi would say to him

I assume you mean me? I doubt I have gone on and on, I have simply responded as you have.
Sorry I have trouble seeing the great person and clear role model for your kids. We each follow our chosen paths.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I was in 28 when I got my 2 tats done. I didn't want to just put anything on me regret it later . So I have a tat of barbed wire running around each ankle with my my daughters name running thru the barbed wire on left ankle, and sons name on the right ankle. I would never regret having them close to me as I grow older. Being a woman , I had to think of a place that was at least tasteful and easily hidden when I needed to.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

originally posted by: GeneralMayhem
a reply to: fiverx313

So... you're an idiot with 'idiot' stamped on your skin . For Life . And , you paid for it , with _your money . Good for you !

if you'd read my posts you would have seen that i said i don't personally have any tattoos. and if you think someone is going to pin you down and tattoo you for free just to upset you, you are not in touch with reality.

Look don't you call people trolls unless you're sure : knowledgehunting is a troll , spends most his days on here trolling his hate . He is a person full of hate . One covered in tattoos , as well , as it happens . But he is looking for people to hate on . Round these parts .

Since you're calling out trolls , which are the touchy feeely kind ? Which are the real foldy rollers ?
See how like being put on as hookbait , because IDGAF IF PEOPLE HAVE TATOOS . As I said before , caps just make it clear . Some old grannies get upset by them though : has the ops got a granny probably ? I thought it was fair to deflect for the op . But then MR Trolly , shopping his way round walmart , he is an annoying little twiddlers to be fair , I got triggered . Sorry tat people , milmen included

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: jukejuke

My daughter came home about 2months ago with a butterfly on the small screen f her back, yes, the ever dreaded tramp,stamp.

I just told her “glad you’re happy” and dropped it. Making a fuss seems counter productive.

Hang in there.

that is a fair point of view

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: GeneralMayhem

A tattoo can be useful, like a Chinese sign for "noodle soup", it could be a life saver, when travelling!

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   

you are still going on and on and i never said anything about a role model for kids

keep up the good work

youre trying to get your bull# point across by posting screenshots from their music vids.
funny
edit on 22-10-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
My grandmother once told me that the human body is like a church to God and you wouldn't want to go graffiti a church.

I had my exwifes name on my arm removed with lazers.

I don't care what anyone does as long as they leave me alone....

Your Grandma sounds like a lovely lady but I assure you that her viewpoints are vastly outdated.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: solve

true that

I'd quite like a small barcode on the side of my head , and maybe £POA on my wrist .

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I have three tattoos and I'm planning another two..
I also have a very successful career in a traditional healthcare industry so all of my tattoos are easily hidden..

Personally I have no issues with people getting ink or following whatever body mod they want.. I just don't want to hear those same people complain when someone doesnt give them the job they want or people look or ask questions about their changes...
edit on 22-10-2017 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: billytron

Hi SeaWorthy

A note from a 'professional'.
If a tattoo is designed appropriately and put in the skin correctly, you should get a tattoo that lasts many many decades and still be readable from a distance and hold its details and colour.
You will find most tattoos are too small and have details far too tight or close together to stand the test of time. The skin is organic of course, and changes as it ages so the ink will spread over time to some degree.
A skilled practitioner is aware of this and works accordingly.
Do it right and youll have a great result for years to come!
There is also a large responsibilty on the collectors part in terms of aftercare. That includes the healing process and the following years. Direct sunlight will fade and damage ink in the skin terribly, and after potentially $1000's of investment i find it crazy people dont try harder to look after them

EXACTLY!!!!!!

On a side note and just for grin & giggles I've threatened my kids with "keep pissing me off and I'm getting a tramp-stamp with BOTH your names and pics on it!!!!"

So the random sky noises and screaming you hear is now explained.
Your Welcome!

My daughter has been doing the Henna for a couple of years now as a hobby and is very good at it. I'd love for her to eventually make the leap into Tattoo Work!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join