It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tattoo's

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

If i live to be 70 years old...

Gonna tattoo my face, and eyes, if they have managed to invent a safer way to do that..

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: Fools

some of mine mean things and some dont.

ive had so many people ask me but what about when you are 60?

im sure some of them will look pretty terrible when i am 60. i really just cant seem to get up the energy to care.

I will be 60 early next year. I have 3 tattoos that I got in my 20’s. Outside of the ones on my arm being faded from sun exposure, they all look like the day I got them...well, except for some scratch marks on one from playing with my 65 lb puppy. I’ve considered off and on to get them recolored, but inevitably found better things to spend my money on. I don’t regret them at all, and over the course of my life they have been a great “shallow person” detector, almost immediately showing me those that choose to judge without knowing. To each his own...

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

a reply to: Fools

some of mine mean things and some dont.

ive had so many people ask me but what about when you are 60?

im sure some of them will look pretty terrible when i am 60. i really just cant seem to get up the energy to care.

And you have a 5-year-old? Whew, you do need some energy.
Looking at the devastated and very sad condition of the woman that is your avatar I had already guessed tattoos.

Well Yo-Landi doesn't fink u freeky nor does she like you a lot.

yeah. trying to get a personal dig at me by picking on a vegetarian that is in stupid good shape and one of the coolest people around.
i mention her diet and shape cause i see nothing devastated about her

makes me happy you know about yolandi. like she is my secret

Right? If I were to choose a human specimen to represent near-perfection of our species to show a newly discovered alien, she'd be near the top of my candidates.

Ridiculously healthy and smart.

Yo-landi is a goddess and my wife can't grasp why i have a huge crush on that "alien girl"

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Right? If I were to choose a human specimen to represent near-perfection of our species to show a newly discovered alien, she'd be near the top of my candidates.

Ridiculously healthy and smart.

her and ninja both but especially her.
they are both smart as #. both in great shape. both very weird(good thing) and unique and have a very dont # with me and i wont # with you attitude.
they are both burners which people like to talk # about.

they have raised a very smart girl into young adulthood and both throw money, like serious money back to south africa. they adopted a little south african street kid named tokie and have since opened up an orphanage type situation.

i should not defend or qualify any of this cause 1 person has a hangup but the short of it is you and i seem to think alik on this issue

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

i'm supposed to give a # about what i look like when i am 60?
# i am busted now and i am 40.
got a #ing gold tooth in the front
scars
belly
missing finger

im supposed to care what my ink is gonna look like in 40 years?
not a chance

the prostate problems are already starting. i could give a # about my art

link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

They've cultivated a genre all their own. True musical innovators.

link   

Yes, Ninja is right there with her. rawr.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Yes, Ninja is right there with her. rawr.

interesting

glad there are people that like his look vs whatever hot abercrombie model is the it boy of the day.

makes ugly dudes feel good

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: denybedoomed

They've cultivated a genre all their own. True musical innovators.

for sure. i love it
bummed they only have 1 more cd coming out.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
My grandmother once told me that the human body is like a church to God and you wouldn't want to go graffiti a church.

I had my exwifes name on my arm removed with lazers.

I don't care what anyone does as long as they leave me alone....

edit on 21-10-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: GeneralMayhem

Interesting comment. I can assure you that tattoos do NOT equate to charitable tendencies, one way or another.

I can also assure you that believing someone isn’t charitable because they have tattoos is a textbook example of both bias (don’t care for people with tattoos) and prejudice (that person has tattoos so they must not be charitable).

At almost 60, I have tattoos from my 20’s and don’t regret it for a second. As I mentioned in a previous post, they have been very helpful over my life identifying those with bias and prejudicial tendencies who don’t even know me...

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

My values I instill to her is that her body is hers and hers alone.

So that means not doing to it what everybody else is doing to their bodies (i.e. getting tattooed) because tattoos are simply a fad for the masses? It seems to me that most people don't instill this ethos in their children these days. Kids say "I want a tattoo, because I want one, not because everybody else is doing it." Yeah, right.... whatever it takes to make me think you're not just following the latest fad.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

this fad has been going for a long as time.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I have zero issues with it. None. My oldest daughter has 2 tattoos, both small and reflect on things she loves. My middle daughter has one of a tribal style shark because she loves sharks. It was to commemorate her taking a dive in a shark cage in Hawaii last year. My youngest has none and no desire for one either.

Me and the two oldest kiddos all have various piercings as well. And, no. I didn't get mine when it was 'trendy.' I got mine waaay back when I was a teenager and it wasn't really something people approved of. It was a naval piercing, and it was always hidden at work. I have plans for a tattoo, but it'll have to wait until the money is there because I want to do it right at a quality parlor.

What's funny is that people assign such a horribly negative view of people with piercings and tattoos, but most people I meet daily with them are absolutely wonderful people. To each their own, in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeneralMayhem
a reply to: fiverx313

So... you're an idiot with 'idiot' stamped on your skin . For Life . And , you paid for it , with _your money . Good for you !

if you'd read my posts you would have seen that i said i don't personally have any tattoos. and if you think someone is going to pin you down and tattoo you for free just to upset you, you are not in touch with reality.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
a reply to: Abysha

There is a certain wisdom in what you say. Were not all alike, we all didn't grow up poor, average or wealthy, nor did we all grow up in the same part of the world. We don't all share the same moral compass, and as I said, there is no right answer. I am absorbing each and every opinion.

My sentiments exactly.

I have a few tats myself, all symbolizing something significant in my life. It's funny how "moral compass" has been brought up more than once as last week I had my most recent ink laid down--- the Freemason square and compasses as I was raised to Master Mason earlier this year.
All of my tattoos are easily concealed by a short sleeve shirt and pants in order to maintain a proper professional appearance save for a small band around my left index finger.
Nowadays tattoos and other body arts are more culturally acceptable than they were just two decades ago but still there are those who take it to excessive levels.
Maybe I'm just old fashioned though lol

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Got mine for my own reasons and waaaaay back when no one would hire a guy with tats, much less a chick. So very well covered at all times.
The kiddo's got theirs when they were in their 20's and it's no big thing.

Well except for the POS one my daughter got and a couple my son has I think are crappy work.
He loves them, I wanna snatch him by the neck and take him to a artist and get them "fixed", but you all know how us Mom's are. Nothing says loving like a Mom hauling in her 40yr old to a ink shop and demanding they "Fix this #!!!"
It's bad work, sloppy lines, crappy color....
Makes me CRAZY! Turns me into a insane person!

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

I tried to raise my children to think for themselves. I made my values clear to them but, other than legal restrictions and following house rules, I did not force my choices upon them. My middle daughter is an art student and has 10plus tat's. I don't like them and I've told her. But she's still an awesome kid and extremely talented. No big woop.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I like them if they're done well and can appreciate the artistry,. Just had a half sleeve finished a couple of weeks ago that I'm planning on expanding further out, was a 7 hour session and was definitely glad when it was over but I enjoy the whole experience of getting inked.

I'm far too old to be concerned with trying to live in the restrictive box of others' judgement. I wouldn't be sad if the kids got them when they're old enough...they're already well on course to becoming decent, good hearted and well adjusted adults; which is all I really care about.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus>>> Tattoos used to say something about a person, what they did, what they were like, they definitely presented an image that the person wasn't afraid to make a bold statement about themselves. Now... anybody and everybody has them and they don't mean as much, if anything. Its still about getting attention, but the aura of being a rebel or free spirit is long since past.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join