It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tattoo's

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
Remember there is no wrong answer here, I'm just seeking opinions.

Just don't get the tramp stamp

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeneralMayhem
a reply to: fiverx313

Well if anyone came near me with a buzzing inkpen to scar me for life I would break their face , NOT PAY THEM !!!

so you're a troll, k. thanks for making that clear.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
Would you feel a sadness that your time spent instilling values in them was for naught ?

Then you go on to talk about peer pressure, recognizing insanity, how tattoos have marred your daughter and how you are consumed by sadness over it?

Dude... You're absolutely right. She now has a reminder of an event in her life that she will carry with her forever. Every time she looks at it she will remember a time that she enjoyed. And that's a bad thing? Nope. Get over your feelings, her tattoo isn't about you or your fragile emotional state. It's about her and remembering a positive event in her life. You should cherish that.

Maybe I'm biased, I worked in a tattoo studio for several years, piercing and what we termed "office management". It was one of the best jobs I've ever had. The pay was enough to get by, the artists made a lot more but I wasn't there for the pay. The job provided a lot of time to simply be artistic and I picked up many skills from that alone. I met so many amazing artists and learned so much. We did get the occasional parent of an adult that came in to disapprove. They usually left a little more accepting once they realized we were not idiotic, insane, murderous, savages and thugs. The closest thing to a biker we had was a Hawaaian lesbian with a scooter.

And the customer base, all walks of life. From the most professional of uptight older ladies to the scurviest of street dregs, from pastors to career criminals, we got it all and we kept only a couple rules regarding what we did: nothing racist, nothing gang related. We brought happiness to all these people and left them with memorial pieces for the fallen, celebratory pieces for their children, straight up artwork and, yes, stupid things that were not really thought out. Many a "tramp stamp" and copycat pieces.

So please, get over the idea that tattoos somehow indicate anything negative. Something about judging a book by the cover... Or better, something about how the body is a temple. Have you ever seen an unadorned temple?

Tattoo has been around a long, long time. Give a child a marker and a piece of paper and it will instinctively draw on itself instead of the paper. That should speak for itself.
edit on 21-10-2017 by Noncents because: Correction!

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: Fools

some of mine mean things and some dont.

ive had so many people ask me but what about when you are 60?

im sure some of them will look pretty terrible when i am 60. i really just cant seem to get up the energy to care.

And you have a 5-year-old? Whew, you do need some energy.
Looking at the devastated and very sad condition of the woman that is your avatar I had already guessed tattoos.

Well Yo-Landi doesn't fink u freeky nor does she like you a lot.

Is that English because I speak English and I am not understanding you.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Hay, I'v endured and accepted criticism, behave, ya'all...... please

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

How about People suggesting the removable kind of tattoo I think you can't even see the difference until they are of age to make their own decisions?
edit on 21-10-2017 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

im sure some of them will look pretty terrible when i am 60. i really just cant seem to get up the energy to care.

Looking at the devastated and very sad condition of the woman that is your avatar I had already guessed tattoos.

It's South African Zef dialect and that was a quote (lyric) from the woman you just made fun of.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

How about People suggesting the removable kind of tattoo I think you can't even see the difference until she is of age to make their own decisions?

18 isn't old enough for her to make her own decisions?

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

So... you're an idiot with 'idiot' stamped on your skin . For Life . And , you paid for it , with _your money . Good for you !

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

It's South African Zef dialect and that was a quote (lyric) from the woman you just made fun of.

Made fun of the Woman? No, I said the obvious. So many people seem to be drawn to anything that is evil looking or acting even though they are not teens.
I looked her up. She? makes me sad.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
If she wants a tattoo, then maybe take her to a place that does henna tattoos? They are beautiful and only last a few weeks. You can get a cool new design each time.

I don't understand why henna tattoos aren't more of an "in" thing. Body art you won't regret for years to come.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeneralMayhem

When I see people with tattoos , I always think "what else could you have spent the money for that on ?" Unfortunately I assume they are not very charitable people .

could have spent the money on anything else and nope. dont give a cent

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Made fun of the Woman? No, I said the obvious. So many people seem to be drawn to anything that is evil looking or acting even though they are not teens.
I looked her up. She? makes me sad.

I guess that's a matter of perception. I see that as beautiful.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha
Zef life is an artwork in and of itself. In a weird sort of way.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

How about People suggesting the removable kind of tattoo I think you can't even see the difference until she is of age to make their own decisions?

18 isn't old enough for her to make her own decisions?

Not sure the OP mentioned age, but clearly maturity of the teen as in 18teen is dependant upon the location where they are raised, the maturity of the individual and whether they still live in your house or you are paying for their living. One size does not fit all that is why there are Parents.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

These were often people who burned children in the fires to their gods.

I know I do.

What else are teens good for?

Plotus, I think that if this is the biggest regret in your daughters life, if she even ever does regret it, you did a stellar job (and so did she).

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools

I have a few good buddies that have many. I like them. It's just weird now, seems like nearly everyone is getting them. As if it's this statement to fit in as opposed to it used to be more of a rebellious thing.

i think you are right but it may be we see things from an older perspective now.
i was one of those people that started getting them early cause i wanted to be different than most. started when i was 13. my dad took me.
he was covered. all his friends were covered.

it does seem more trendy now though. different personality types are getting them more and more. 20 years ago i would have people literally walk up to me and put their hands on me to move my arm a certain way or something to look better. guys never did this but girls did. wouldnt say it happened a lot but it happened.

not anymore. people are more used to them i think

there re different stereotypes that exist with them but people have been getting them since forever.

they go back thousands of years but then it was 'mostly' sailors that got them
then it was 'mostly' cons
then it was mostly bikers
then it was mostly rocker types
then it was mostly 'enter whatever here'

now it seems to be mostly dudes with carefully cultivated beards, gauged ears, and a beat up copy of dostoyevsky and tight pants at starbucks

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

yeah. trying to get a personal dig at me by picking on a vegetarian that is in stupid good shape and one of the coolest people around.
i mention her diet and shape cause i see nothing devastated about her

makes me happy you know about yolandi. like she is my secret

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

i dont know what this dudes problem is

has to keep it up i guess

i can think of some other things yolandi would say to him

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

yeah. trying to get a personal dig at me by picking on a vegetarian that is in stupid good shape and one of the coolest people around.
i mention her diet and shape cause i see nothing devastated about her

makes me happy you know about yolandi. like she is my secret

Right? If I were to choose a human specimen to represent near-perfection of our species to show a newly discovered alien, she'd be near the top of my candidates.

Ridiculously healthy and smart.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join