It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ever have a $100 bagel?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   
so at my company when you get employee of the month you get a plaque, a picture up in the lobby of the offices and $100 gift card. i got employee of the month yesterday(twice in 2 years. represent. what up. first time for that) and got called in the GM's office so we could do the picture taking bull# and shake his hand and get my plaque. so we run through all that and then no gift card.

so let me back up. in the office kitchen sometimes there are bagels or cookies...# like that. the company does not buy them. people bring them in. it is not a written rule but it is generally accepted that those munchies are for office people and salary management. i am back there quite a bit cause i have business in the office next to it. a lot of times my boss(who is salary) is with me and we go in together and we grab something and head back to the quality office.

thursday i was coming out of the office and passed the kitchen and saw the bagels so i figured i would grab one. as i was cutting in a lady from the office walked in and saw me. well of course that serious offense was reported to the GM. it cost me the gift card.

so while we are in doing the picture and getting the plaque he told me he was holding the gift card back because i was insubordinate in grabbing the bagel...

this is the type of dude he is.
i guess that is what i get for breaking those crazy rules.

not worth $100 i tell you that

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

That's messed up. I would of given you the gift card and told you to bring in some bagels.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   
That's some petty BS right there.

You're unfortunately working for a micro-managing cheapskate.

Congratulations making the company and your resume look good!! I mean that.

Silver lining? Bullet points on your resume at least.

edit on E31America/ChicagoSat, 21 Oct 2017 06:38:21 -050010amSaturdayst06am by EternalShadow because: add/correction

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

he is very petty. super hard dude to deal with.
i like my job. i like what i do. i get paid well and i am good at it but # it is hard to deal with this guy.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   

thursday i was coming out of the office and passed the kitchen and saw the bagels so i figured i would grab one. as i was cutting in a lady from the office walked in and saw me. well of course that serious offense was reported to the GM. it cost me the gift card.

Maybe that lady is banging one of the bosses.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Sadly, there are people like that friggen everywhere. You seem pretty mellow and forgiving about it.

Me, I am super vindictive about things like this. I know it's not a huge deal. But it's the principle of the matter.

I would make sure to take every opportunity to get my $100 worth of bagels and upper management lunches from the fridge over the course of the next couple weeks. And enjoy every savory bite.

edit on 21-10-2017 by Jimmycrackerson3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

he is very petty. super hard dude to deal with.
i like my job. i like what i do. i get paid well and i am good at it but # it is hard to deal with this guy.

Yeah I could tell. He could have verbally warned you or even wrote you up -but that's usually for a second "offense", (are you a bagel bandit? Lol..), and if the snacks aren't company provided, that doesn't warrant any action as they are technically there for everybody.

How does management get the idea they can dictate who gets to have what someone else provides and they don't?

Weird.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Even if she wasn't, I'd still spread it around that she was.

Ruin my employee of the month experience? screw you, I'm ruining your career.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jimmycrackerson3
Sadly, there are people like that friggen everywhere. You seem pretty mellow and forgiving about it.

Me, I am super vindictive about things like this. I know it's not a huge deal. But it's the principle of the matter.

I would make sure to take every opportunity to get my $100 worth of bagels and upper management lunches from the fridge over the course of the next couple weeks. And enjoy every savory bite.

Lmao!

Oh you're that guy....but you don't wanna be that guy, but you don't mind being that guy if they treat you like that guy...

Lol.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   

i have been with the company a few years. i left for a few months because of this GM but came back. i used to get very cranked up about this kind of stuff but i just let is slide off me now because nothing he does is unexpected anymore. still super #ty but you just expect it.
i would love to smash $100 worth but this is the type of dude that will fire you for that #. for real

he is the worst part of the job. its a situation where you just have to keep your mouth shut and say ok no matter if he is right or wrong. no matter if he is freaking out or not. i hate being that way cause i have to put this front on but i have responsibilities. it is a well paying job and there are great things about it.

he does # like this

GM-hey tinysicktears why did you put this thing on the 2nd rack and not tight 1st?
me-because the 1st rack had material still in wip on it
GM-i dont want to hear excuses

see what i mean? he will ask you a question and when you answer he freaks out for giving an excuse.

when i was still working in the lab he called me at home and started screaming at me cause he was looking for chem sheets he could not find. i told him where they were on my desk but he could not find them. he was yelling at me and told me that when i come in the next day we have to go over how i run the lab cause this is unacceptable.

turns out about 2 hours after i left the quality manager had taken them and they were on her desk. i had no way of knowing this when i was telling him where they were. i left the company over that. was gone for about 3 months.

we had a guy fly in from south africa to teach me some UT. to say thank you the GM took him to a pretty nice restaurant in cleveland. when this guy got back to south africa he went to get his money owed(like extra money cause of the travel) and when he got hi check there were a few deductions and one of them was for that meal. the meal he was invited to as a thank you he wound up paying for.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Congratulations! I'm so proud of you. So few people take pride in the work they do.

It's wonderful to see someone putting forth the effort and reaping the rewards.

The bagel is petty. And I'm so sorry you didn't get the $100, every dollar counts these days.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   

One time in the morning on my way to work I was stuck in traffic. The cars are barely moving. Up ahead there's a convenient store. I'm waiting, and waiting. I'm about two cars away from making a right turn so I could buy some orange juice for breakfast from the convenient store. I just could not wait any longer so I pass the car in front of me by driving on the shoulder of the road. I was only on the shoulder for 1 car length. But 2 cars ahead of me was a cop. I pull up and turn right into the convenient store. The cop pulls behind me and gives me a 4-point passing on the right moving violation ticket. This was years ago and in New Jersey they had something called insurance surcharge for each point you had on your ticket. So the ticket cost me $100 per point, 4 point ticket, $400. And then my insurance company put surcharge on my policy of $100 per point for 3 years! So the ticket cost me $1600.00 over three years for a $2.00 bottle of orange juice!!

edit on 21-10-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   

How does management get the idea they can dictate who gets to have what someone else provides and they don't?

Weird.

he dictates everything in this place.
it is just a separation. he likes to let people know where they stand.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   

we had a guy fly in from south africa to teach me some UT. to say thank you the GM took him to a pretty nice restaurant in cleveland. when this guy got back to south africa he went to get his money owed(like extra money cause of the travel) and when he got hi check there were a few deductions and one of them was for that meal. the meal he was invited to as a thank you he wound up paying for.

No way. I don't even think that legal...wow..

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75

Congratulations! I'm so proud of you. So few people take pride in the work they do.

It's wonderful to see someone putting forth the effort and reaping the rewards.

The bagel is petty. And I'm so sorry you didn't get the $100, every dollar counts these days.

i appreciate that.
i dont # around at work.

yeah i was bummed about the $100

a week ago my boss told me he thought i was going to get it just keep it quiet. i want to buy my daughter a tablet for christmas and i was going to use the $100 to buy it or at least put a big chunk towards it.
my internal reaction was # you. you know.
i just keep it internal though and shake his hand and get my picture taken. i say thanks for the plaque and crack a joke on the way out saying i will see you soon for my 3rd plaque.
as soon as my boss and i get downstairs my boss starts in with 'what a dick'

i know it is pointless to even plead a case about the bagel and the money so i dont bother.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   

No way. I don't even think that legal...wow..

it is legal cause in south africa they dont roll like we do here.
my buddy gets back to south africa and sees it and there is # all he can do about it.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Employee of the Month rocks! Y’all should do coffee...or at least offer to get him some:

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

hahahahahah

hilarious
my boy walton goggins with the spiddle

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Are the bagels really worth an employee who gets employee of the month?

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Guy sounds like an illogical dickhead. Yes, you're employee of the month...just not enough to qualify for the $100. Someone else should have got the 'EotM' or else you were entitled to the full $100.

His show of petty authority was for the benefit of the woman who complained. Sounds like a weak douche instead of a strong boss.

edit on 10.21.2017 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join