It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Melania Trump cuts bloated first lady payroll from Michelle Obama days

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Running lean is the state of First Lady Melania Trump's number of aids. She has the greatly reduced the number of aides that are on the payroll.

Melania Trump is embracing a more active and public schedule as first lady – but she still runs one of the leanest East Wing operations in recent history.

According to a Fox News analysis of White House personnel reports, Melania Trump has significantly reduced the number of aides on the first lady's office payroll in comparison to her predecessor, Michelle Obama.
www.foxnews.com...

Michelle Obama had 16 people working for her, costing $1.24 million a year. Melania has just 4 people working for her at a total salary of $486,700. Good to see some belt tightening in this admin, now lets get the federal budget debt under control.

During then-President Barack Obama’s first year in office, 16 people were listed working for Michelle Obama, earning a combined $1.24 million a year.

This year, just four people were listed working for Melania Trump as of June. Their salaries totaled $486,700.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

She also pays them more.
edit on 10 20 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Very good point.
Maybe the quality of the aides are better? 16 people is quite a large number of aides, but I am on the outside looking in.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Very good point.
Maybe the quality of the aides are better? 16 people is quite a large number of aides, but I am on the outside looking in.

Probably much better.

Maybe it's the old story about how many people it takes to change a light bulb.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Good for her. For me, she is the class of that family.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

She is a lot more reserved than Don, and she does exude class. It is nice to see a cut in costs at least in this area. From what I am seeing this is one of the only areas though.

+23 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   
What did Michelle need all them aides for? All she did was reduce school lunches for kids down to third world standards.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

So between staff cuts and donating salaries the two alone are good for over a 1 million a year back in savings as opposed to past administrations.

You have to start somewhere and when they do it in their own offices you know they usually mean business.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
What did Michelle need all them aides for? All she did was reduce school lunches for kids down to third world standards.

Those "aides" also worked for Michelle's mama, who also lived at the White House.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Senior staff...junior staff...appointees...it is not average salary you see there. I mean, do you pay more less for half the work or fewer more for good work? It is all about getting your monies worth.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   
A few points.

This is overall good, saving some tax dollars.

However she does pay those four a lot more money:

Also do these figures take into account that she has only been First Lady for less than a year not a full 8

And lastly.

I think it would be interesting to look at Melanias and ivanakas total costs combined vs Michelle Obama’s in their first years. Let’s face it these days it does feel like there are e 2 first lady’s

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Perhaps an entourage?

As we see everyday from these politicians the sky is the limit when pissing away tax payer's money. Glad to see some itty bitty cutting of costs.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Yes it is a beginning, but I hold little hope it is contagious.

Your avatar is super duper freaky deakey.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Why is First Lady even a job, let alone one that requires aides?

Just hang around the White House watch tv.

No assistants needed.

Zero dollars spent.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

She is a lot more reserved than Don, and she does exude class. It is nice to see a cut in costs at least in this area. From what I am seeing this is one of the only areas though.

Really? Google the decrease in the national deficit-without co-operation from Congress- to the tune of 100 Billion...

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   

You forgot to include the increased security budget, she has caused, because she chooses to live in NY instead of the White House.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Melania is, so far, a much less visible First Lady than Michelle. Melania is easing into the position. I'm pretty sure that "being First Lady of the United States" was not at the top of her bucket list. Michelle Obama is a deep thinker, and was part of the political machine.

Melania Trump is just straight up class. That's her gift. And she does it quite well. She makes Donald Trump look almost human. That alone is a full-time job.

With respect to staff-sizes of other former First Ladies, it would be interesting to see a comparisons of the sizes of each of their budgets. I think that would be a more accurate comparison.

-dex

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
A few points.

This is overall good, saving some tax dollars.

However she does pay those four a lot more money:

Also do these figures take into account that she has only been First Lady for less than a year not a full 8

And lastly.

I think it would be interesting to look at Melanias and ivanakas total costs combined vs Michelle Obama’s in their first years. Let’s face it these days it does feel like there are e 2 first lady’s

read what the op posted. its a direct comparison to michelle o's first year salaries for staff. the only way this would change is if she hires a bunch more before the year ends then the figures would have to be adjusted. also remember were 8 years on with a better economy, wages are up abit.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: MinangATS

You forgot to include the increased security budget, she has caused, because she chooses to live in NY instead of the White House.....

....For the remainder of the child's school year so as not to split his school year and have to start over with new friends in the middle of a school year. I don't blame her. I wish my parents could have afforded to do that for me. It makes a big difference in a child's life and leaves lasting impressions into adulthood.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

Michelle Obama is a deep thinker

I'm sorry , that line just gave me a belly shake laugh.
No I am not...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join