It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Presidential Executive Order Amending EO 13223

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Is there a "last fired, first hired" policy?

Because I quit running almost six years ago ...

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Did they make a big production of this EO like the others or was it just signed quietly and ignored by the media???

Because as we know, he usually likes to sign these things with a big room full of people so he can be praised for whatever it is he's doing. They make some big production of it to show much everyone supposedly loves the idea.

If this one was just signed off without all that other stuff that kind of tells ya something right there.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus

I think you can be called back in no matter who you are 8 years after your discharge, general or honorable. I'd have to look it up - because I was told that back in 91.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

They are running out of volunteers. Good, maybe people are beginning to see the current endless war cycle for what it is;

Hardly. The services are meeting their recruitment and retention goals.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: nicevillegrl

"National Emergency" is the key term here. And it's such a broad term that it can be applied to anything considered a "threat" to "national security." There's a great book about this and it's usage in executive orders called Disaster Government. It covers the subject -- and how it's not just a Republican or Democrat issue -- in depth. But that "national emergency" term is something that's abused and overlooked...at least until it's too late.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Does anyone know if I could be recalled even if I was medically discharged? I've been out for 7 years... not really looking to go back on Active Duty. My back hurts...

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

Correct, normally it's 4 years of active duty followed by 4 years of the reserves. If you've been in for 8 years or more you don't have to go to the reserves when you're done. Following 9/11 Bush revised the rules so that they could call people up, for up to 5 years after they had been discharged. This is a change to those rules, so that you can be called up at any time, for any reason.

The only reason to do such a thing, is that you're expecting millions of troops to be dying soon, or you want to use military rules to silence huge numbers of people. There is no reason to pass legislation that says we can put WW2 vets back into active service.
edit on 20-10-2017 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools

I think you can be called back in no matter who you are 8 years after your discharge, general or honorable. I'd have to look it up - because I was told that back in 91.

It is up to 8 years from date of enlistment. If you server 4 you still are required 4 years IRR. If you serve 6 it is only 2. If you server 8+ there is no requirement.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Correct me if I'm wrong, by all means, but I didn't see anything in this EO that was different than the last time stop-loss was in effect, did you?

The Ready Reserve doesn't include people that have been out for 20 years. Selected Reserve and IRR fellas are subject to recall, and that's always been the case. Most officers are subject to recall at any point, IIRC.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: nicevillegrl

It added "national emergency" and we've been hearing of the "911-type threats." Purely speculating since we don't know why for sure at this point - but perhaps the fear is that the threat will transpire and potentially, leave us vulnerable with our attention diverted. So maybe this addition is as much a message to the "outside" that our forces / attention won't be diverted or our military position weakened in the case of a national emergency?

We've officially been operating in a state of emergency since 9/11, it was never rescinded. I think the old EO already made that stipulation.
edit on 20-10-2017 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

originally posted by: Fools

It is up to 8 years from date of enlistment. If you server 4 you still are required 4 years IRR. If you serve 6 it is only 2. If you server 8+ there is no requirement.

Thank you for clarifying, 1991 was a long time ago and all I could remember was 8 years.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I don't think that's it. If it were an issue of volunteers to have enough manpower, our draft dodging President could just bring back the draft.

It has to be something else.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: nicevillegrl

It added "national emergency" and we've been hearing of the "911-type threats." Purely speculating since we don't know why for sure at this point - but perhaps the fear is that the threat will transpire and potentially, leave us vulnerable with our attention diverted. So maybe this addition is as much a message to the "outside" that our forces / attention won't be diverted or our military position weakened in the case of a national emergency?

We've officially been operating in a state of emergency since 9/11, it was never rescinded. I think the old EO already made that stipulation.

I think you are correct, I think it just added the one sentence to clarify and the other to tell the Pentagon that this executive order does not allow them to infringe on the budget office. I bet John McCain hates that.

link   
a reply to: DJMSN

This wasn't a renewal. It was a modification to an EO which W originally wrote in the 9/11 aftermath.

link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I was an officer.

(Don't say a god-damned word, I was enlisted before!
)

There are AFSC's and MOS's that sometimes are needed regardless.

It's nice that they "ask" but they usually have someone standing outside your door ready to take you to the airport, regardless.

Just think "Uber" with a gun belt.

link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Quietly signed and posted with little fanfare, as it approached 5:00 on Friday afternoon.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Great.

I'll probably be called back and be immediately chained to a LOX servicing cart.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: PokeyJoe
Does anyone know if I could be recalled even if I was medically discharged? I've been out for 7 years... not really looking to go back on Active Duty. My back hurts...

Under this? Yes. I don't know if the military would keep you around after bringing you back, but they could bring you back into service. If they give you some orders that you're not medically able to meet, they would probably just medically discharge you again. If they call you back and never give you orders I don't know how that would work.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Oh I know how that goes, buddy. A good friend of mine's dad was an O-6 in Navy Intelligence. He was back in uniform pretty quick after 9-11, and it was exactly like you said: it was a "request" in name only.

I was an officer. (Don't say a god-damned word, I was enlisted before!

Half human ain't so bad, I suppose.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
The Ready Reserve doesn't include people that have been out for 20 years. Selected Reserve and IRR fellas are subject to recall, and that's always been the case. Most officers are subject to recall at any point, IIRC.

There was an age limit on officer recall, I think it was 60 years old. That seems to have been removed. Again, it's a really odd thing you remove unless you're going to use this to target some specific people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join