It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three Richard Spencer Supporters Arrested on Charges of Shooting at UF Protesters

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

No, it isn't. Not at all.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Fools

So, thoughts on the shooting or anything else in the OP?

My thoughts are clear. Robert Spencer is a joke, anyone that gives him any attention at all is playing into his ego trip. He is not right leaning. He is clearly ok with central authority controlling people and doing things to people so those people are more like him.

He is not right leaning. He has supported and will continue to support general left wing causes. I have provided examples but they apparently are not enough.

It is sad that people were hurt by anyone in this manner, and I would suggest to anyone that finds this guy reasonable that they make an appointment with a therapist.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   

The strongest feature of the political right is authoritarianism.

All government is authoritarian.

Both American major parties are Right Wing hovering around center right.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

The strongest feature of the political right is authoritarianism.

All government is authoritarian.

Both American major parties are Right Wing hovering around center right.

I will agree with that. There really is no perfect solution. However, that does not explain Chairman Mao or Stalin or Lenin, or the current dude down in Venezuela.
edit on 20-10-2017 by Fools because: .

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

They were left (revolutionary) until they won ... then they went even further Right than what had been before.

We memorialize such things in “new boss same as the old boss.”

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Richard Spencer, loathsome as he is, didn't shoot anyone or even fire a gun. It's getting real, we have fighting with weapons in the streets between a bunch of morons on both sides of the spectrum and all over the internet looks like a civil war brewing.

So my question is, do we try to stop it? Can we? It's really hard to not be partisan for most of us.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

They were left (revolutionary) until they won ... then they went even further Right than what had been before.

We memorialize such things in “new boss same as the old boss.”

I disagree with you, when I think of right wing, I think of pre-civil war America. I don't think of monarchy or oligarchs. I think that is a big problem. The left has redefined all of their obvious failures as "right wing". Your definition of right wing would pretty much shock and disgust Stalin and Mao. You should take the time to read some of their thoughts on the issue.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Richard Spencer, loathsome as he is, didn't shoot anyone or even fire a gun. It's getting real, we have fighting with weapons in the streets between a bunch of morons on both sides of the spectrum and all over the internet looks like a civil war brewing.

So my question is, do we try to stop it? Can we? It's really hard to not be partisan for most of us.

Yes it can be stopped. Email the asshole and tell him what an ass he is. Over and over again. He obviously operates on Ego and little else. Denting his ego will change him. I believe in what I am saying.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 04:09 AM
link   

No. He is alt-right. A founder of the alt-right, specifically.

You are very wrong, true he found himself among the early alt-right, but he was pretty quickly excommunicated. As soon as the "alt right" heard his nonsense that "marx was right", he was highly disliked and among the alt right world that I know of he is viewed as a leper.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fools

No. He is alt-right. A founder of the alt-right, specifically.

You are very wrong, true he found himself among the early alt-right, but he was pretty quickly excommunicated. As soon as the "alt right" heard his nonsense that "marx was right", he was highly disliked and among the alt right world that I know of he is viewed as a leper.

IN point of fact, Richard Spencer coined the term, founded and is still running alright.com, as well as:

In 2008, he began popularizing the term alt-right. On Facebook, he posted images of himself with John Derbyshire—a polymathic, often charming writer who was fired from National Review in 2012 for racism—and Richard Lynn, an English psychologist who has argued that East Asians are slightly smarter than whites, who are in turn much smarter than blacks.

Oh but that was nine years ago, right?

There he edited and published a new online magazine, Alternative Right, and soon took over the National Policy Institute. Founded in 2005 by William Regnery II, of the conservative Regnery publishing family, NPI is a white-identity think tank with little money and virtually no staff. During the next five years, Spencer merged its mission with his own. It remained essentially a one-man operation—the Whitefish house owned by Spencer’s mother is listed in official filings as NPI’s principal office, and its 2015 IRS filing shows that Spencer drew just $13,275 in salary and was the only paid employee.

2015? What about now?

When Donald Trump began adopting alt-right themes during his presidential campaign, Spencer threw him his support. On August 25, 2016, in a scripted campaign speech, Hillary Clinton said that the Trump campaign didn’t represent “Republicanism as we have known it.” Controlling his campaign, she said, was “an emerging racist ideology known as the alt-right.” With one major-party presidential nominee using his nomenclature, and the other accused of supporting his ideas, Spencer got famous, and he moved into an apartment in Northern Virginia. (He continues to live part-time in Whitefish.)

The Atlantic

The National Policy Institute (NPI) is a white supremacist think tank based in Alexandria, Virginia.

It acts as a lobbying group for white supremacists and seeks to provide a "so-called alt-right" "intellectual vanguard".Its president as of 2016 is Richard B. Spencer, a founder of the blog Alternative Right. It publishes the journal Radix.

Wikipedia

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 05:23 AM
link   
considering that bush seemed to be the conservatives' hero at the beginning but now is claimed to be "left", I have to say that they will throw anyone under the bus as being too liberal as soon as the policies and promises that drew their support to them blows up in their faces.

okay, so Spencer and his gang is left?? gee, that must mean that the republican party has a rather big problem, because it seems that those who think like him seem to be infiltrating the party on a rather big scale!!!

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I think Communism is a fantastic idea when it's confined to paper.

yep a lot of things look good on paper, it's when they get applied in the real world that the problems show their ugly head.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join