It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cub Scout Booted from Den for Asking State Senator Tough Questions

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Bet that wouldn't have happened with a girl Boy Scout. Bwahahahahaha.....

On the serious side, I feel for this kid. WtF is wrong with the mother to use a 10 yo for making political points?

Most of the left was all for kids football teams taking a knee. hmmm

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: theantediluvian

two questions he'd composed with the assistance of his mother

and there is the problem

Exactly my thoughts. As disgusting as it is that his den leader felt compelled to kick the kid out, I find it vastly more disgusting that his mother decided to use him as a platform for her own questions.

Or perhaps if Vicki Marble didn't want to answer the tough questions, stay in her snowflake safe place, away from people that have a different view than her GOP agenda. It's a little late now though, it's gone viral on social media and blowing up in her face. Now she will be blamed for getting the kid kicked out of the scouts.

edit on 20-10-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Yea, but you're assuming that these are the mother's questions. How do we know that these aren't actually the childs political interests?

She may have helped write or word the questions, but they very well may be what the boy wanted to ask about. We don't know. Either way, this was a good learning experience for the boy when it comes to politics and social issues.
Sometimes your views can cause a little chaos for you.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I really doubt anybody goes to a Cub Scout meeting expecting to get taken to task for their voting record by a grade schooler.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Either way, kicking the kid out over the question makes no sense. If we assume that the other kids' parents didn't help them with their questions (which I highly doubt considering that most 10-11 year-old kids wouldn't wouldn't be asking about fracking ffs), why take it out on the kid?

What kind of petty asshole wouldn't take it up with the parent?

I can get lamenting politicizing kids. I cringe every time Sarah Huckabee Sanders reads some letter from a suspiciously politically-inclined eight year-old fawning over Trump — but I can't imagine a reasonable justification for kicking the kid out.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

There isn't a good reason for it, no. The kid is obviously reciting whatever his mother got him to memorize, so it's a pretty clear cut case of killing the messenger.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

You will thank me one day...

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

According to Vicki Marble, the question wasn't much different from the questions she fields in other Q&A venues. She didn't seem the least bit phased by it.

I guess when elected representatives come to visit, kids should stick to asking them if they like turtles and "is your job hard?"

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

You will thank me one day...

Nope. His kid is probably out shopping for bike locks right now. I heard that stuff leads to kids joining Antifa, destroying property and getting arrest records.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

There isn't a good reason for it, no. The kid is obviously reciting whatever his mother got him to memorize, so it's a pretty clear cut case of killing the messenger.

Don't you think the question...."should an physically abusive spouse be allowed to own a firearm?" deserve an answer.

How would you answer said question....

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Maybe. But in the meantime, he likes my boots.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Furthermore, the politician should step in and say she doesn't feel the scout should be kicked out of she had any intergrity.

That seems like a really good opportunity missed imo. She could have stood up for the kid asking her difficult questions and looked like a hero AND taught him something about putting fundamental ideals we should all hold over partisan politics.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Don't you think the question...."should an physically abusive spouse be allowed to own a firearm?" deserve an answer.

Yep. Did I say otherwise?

How would you answer said question....

Start your own thread.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

"Leads to"...?

They had their first meeting over the summer man. I can't even keep up with the radicalization.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I think a few members are wholy underestimating a 10-11yo childs intelligence, especially towards social issues.

Of course, there are dullard 10-11yo, but most are fairly in tune to the social issues surrounding them at that point.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

That reminds me, I got you a nice pair for hot days.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Air vents! You're the best, hippy

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Muh Bash the Fash badge...

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

That reminds me, I got you a nice pair for hot days.

I was thinking of something a little more masculine.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Anything respectable, good, wholesome, moral or Godly, they will destroy. Should tell you who we are dealing with here.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join