It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gold Star Widow Releases Trump’s Call- After Husband Was Killed In Afghanistan-Surprise Media lied

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

I am still waiting to hear the call.

It's not what you say, it's how it is taken.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Perception is everything. In this case, Congresswomen Wilson's, La David's widow's and aunt's perception are what matters here, not Trump's and not Kelly's.

edit on 23-10-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

And there maybe the problem. Perceptions are often wrong and prejudicial.

I look forward to hearing the call, it will be as respectful as the others.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Perceptions are often wrong and prejudicial.

So are the communications being perceived, as in this case.

I look forward to hearing the call

What makes you think they're going to put out a recording of the call?

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
So the OP posts a recording of the WRONG PHONE CALL, and then cries and moans about how the media are liars.

What a joke...

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

I am still waiting to hear the call.

It's not what you say, it's how it is taken.

i'm still waiting for you to change the title of your thread, since it's incorrect.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Perception is everything. In this case, Congresswomen Wilson's, La David's widow's and aunt's perception are what matters here, not Trump's and not Kelly's.

Intent is everything, as well as context. Perception is a subjective thing that can be bastardized by many things, to include emotional state, misconception, pre-conceived notions, and the like.

That said, Ms. Wilson's perception is irrelevant, as Trump was not speaking to her or about any of her family. Ms. La David's perception does matter, but if it's taken out of context and is a misinterpretation of the intended meaning and message, they her perception certainly isn't "everything."

Until (and if) we ever hear the phone call, we will never be able to make a logical determination as to the context and the intent of the president.

This thread is so full of ideologically and emotionally driven dribble that it amazes me people actually have (a) talked this long about this topic...again...in another thread, and (b) use such superficial and subjective means of coming to conclusions based on hearsay and unproven accusations. (proof meaning audio of the call or, at the very least, a full transcript where we can better apply the claims to context)

If Trump is correct in saying that he didn't say what is claimed, then everyone owes him a massive apology.

If Trump is making up his claim that he didn't say it, so be it: That's the abhorrent political activity that all politicians do to try and make themselves seem better and causes the average person to hate them and their profession. It's sad, but expected.

If Ms. Wilson and Ms. La David are accurately presenting the comment(s) and intent and context, then no one should be getting angry and all of the naysayers owe them a massive apology.

If Ms. Wilson and Ms. La David are misrepresenting--or even just misinterpreting--the intent and context of the statements, and purposefully presenting them to the media with the intent to create an issue and demean Trump, then they should be ashamed of themselves and called out rightly for doing so. Sadly, with the history of Ms. Wilson's comments and ideology, I wouldn't put that past her. I don't know enough about the apparent close friend, Ms. Wilson, to know if she would go along with such a thing.

In all of these scenarios, the ONLY THING that will give us any real truth is the release of the audio of the call--so that begs the question, do we want to trample on the privacy of Ms. La David and demand the release of the audio, or do we just want to continue on with conjecture and bickering to protect her privacy.

Personally, I think that the way that they threw this into the public limelight validates the latter approach, even though I'd like privacy to be more important.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: FHomerK
If you don't give the President the basic respect that the office deserves, then you don't belong here. You're not an American. Sorry, it's the truth.

I think it's entirely reasonable that the Trump presidency receive every iota of the respect that the right bestowed upon Obama.
There.
That fair?

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

If you don't give the President the basic respect that the office deserves, then you don't belong here. You're not an American. Sorry, it's the truth.

I think it's entirely reasonable that the Trump presidency receive every iota of the respect that the right bestowed upon Obama.
There.
That fair?

Can and will the left raise their discourse that high, though?

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I don't believe that it was Trump's intent to disrespect La David Johnson's widow. But, in her perception he did. We've all heard Trump say dumb insensitive stuff and watched him put his foot in his mouth, like when he told Puerto Ricans that their death stats were really good, and they should be happy that they didn't suffer a "real" disaster, like Katrina.

I'm sure he didn't intend to offend Puerto Ricans, but he did.

edit on 27-10-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

There.
That fair?

Can and will the left raise their discourse that high, though?

Should be a piece of cake.

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I don't believe that it was Trump's intent to disrespect La David Johnson's widow. But, in her perception he did. We've all heard Trump say dumb insensitive stuff and watched him put his foot in his mouth, like when he told Puerto Ricans that their death stats were really good, and they should be happy that they didn't suffer a "real" disaster, like Katrina.
I'm sure he didn't intend to offend Puerto Ricans, but he did.

I believe that missing quality that you are trying to define is known as Leadership.
edit on 27-10-2017 by JohnnyCanuck because: yes!

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Alright, is it reasonable to expect the press to treat the Trump presidency with the same level of sheltering and ass kissing as they treated Obama's presidency with, then?

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Alright, is it reasonable to expect the press to treat the Trump presidency with the same level of sheltering and ass kissing as they treated Obama's presidency with, then?

As far as I'm concerned, the press should do its job - which is to demand accountability. There is plenty of ass-kissing going on right now...there was plenty going on with past presidents. You are going to see editorial bias anywhere. That's why I use a variety of news sources.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Trump lies some more?
About a gold star parent?

So are people suggesting he was a callous ass with one, but emphatic and generous with another? We have one recording here that is in total contrast to the Myeshia Johnson's narrative by Wilson...makes one wonder doesn't it?

As to lying...his words were taken out of total context to make him look like an ass, but once the whole statement is seen it was very appropriate. Trump was right in saying he did not say what Wilson's narrative pushed, and that narrative was that he only said the one line without the key and critical follow up line, oh and couldn't get the name right even though he had all the information in front of him.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

There.
That fair?

What you and apparently most people do no understand is, it is not about who is President, it's about the Presidency.

And oh, btw.... go back to canuckistan.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join