It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Texas town says you can’t apply for Harvey aid if you boycott Israel

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamonlyhuman

If they dont want to comply with the requirement then they dont have to apply for aid.

Simple...

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Those parties who have a big problem with Israel, and who also need aid from the storm must weigh their need for aid against their need or desire to boycott Israel and then choose one over the other. You don't get to often spout arrogant demands to boycott something when the money giver is against that, and then ask to be paid for it. Like eating your cake before it's baked.

The don't ask don't tell method works best when you have your hand out for aid money or benefits. If someone is stupid enough to demand money and also demand to be allowed to breach the wishes of the money giver no matter who it is, then they are just too dumb to deserve anything at all.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
The quote makes it sounds as if this would only affect businesses getting money from the city or maybe state if it is passing funds to the city.

Seems questionable.
edit on 10/20/2017 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Texas government likes to blur the line between religion/other and state.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

fema and emergency aide doesn't have and shouldn't have any restrictions that dictate just what countries you choose to buy stuff from and to be honest, if I were to open a business, I would probably give preferential treatment to things that were made and grown in my own area, then to my own state, then to my own country, then to canada, mexico, and Isreal would be rather far down on my list because I prefer to take care of my own neighborhood before I worry about those half way around the world. that would be my preference, and I wouldn't start a business if the gov't was gonna try to force me to do anything different just because they want to give preferential treatment to a country that they feel to be obligated to because of some ancient words written in their preferred religious text!

we could carry what you just said over to say that if you speak anything negative about trump, or any other president who might hold the office afterwards, you can kiss your unemployment, social security, food stamps, or any other gov't funded enterprise including education.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Evil Israel how dare they give aid to those affected and in need, but wise enough with their money not help those with the mindset of they shouldn`t exist or to hurt them, as there are many.

If you had a bad neighbor, who had been threatening to shoot you because he didn`t want you living in your house, but couldn`t afford a gun, would you give him a few hundred to help him out?

America thinks its got a lot of enemies, try living like Israel surrounded by mad Muslims that want your destruction, been invaded and conquered by Muslims and continue to try.

I hope all the people Israel has helped are thankful, that tiny place is only about 7 million strong and other people still find a way to bitch.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

There are contractual terms which are illegal and unenforceable. Simple.
Since this would be a government contract, the First Amendment would seem to apply.

edit on 10/21/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I wonder how much aid has come from the mega rich Islamic countries?

I can`t find it?

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: gps777

Did you look really hard?
www.aljazeera.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Cool so they should, 30 million is chump change to them, probably one gold Lamborghini but at least they helped, every search combination I tried putting in, it kept coming up with how much America gives to Islamic countries, so I quit.
edit on 21-10-2017 by gps777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 03:46 AM
link   
More than any other country.

Have you donated anything? Has your country?

www.google.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

That law is definitely unconstitutional.

The ruling class care little about the plebs and their interpretation of the constitution.

And that just strengthens the argument that the law is an infringement upon individuals' First Amendment right to free speech.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Yes through the Salvation Army, I don`t know how much went.

Have you personally ever donated to Australia when we have had disasters?
edit on 21-10-2017 by gps777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Boycott is Your free choice in world full of competition.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 05:42 AM
link   
well here is the very long list of businesses, celebrities, cities and states you should boycott if you are a christian.
included is a short list of places that you are probably safe with!!

LINK

christians have been boycotting those places that they don't like for whatever christian reason they can think up for at least the last 30 years,
and yet, they seem to have a problem when other groups decide to exercise the same right.

I imagine that there's more texans boycotting businesses because of their "deeply held religious beliefs" than there are businesses boycotting Isreal!

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

This has to do with Israel donating money how? or is just another post of you showing your boycotting Christianity.

We`re all free in our choices.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamonlyhuman

Who cares do you really think a business in texas that needs funds for disaster relief would tell Israelis no you cant buy my stuff?????? This is about stupid the law and the people raising a fuss over it. Hell take the money then boycott and take the fine youll still come out better.what i will say is there just a ton of israelistrying to buy stuff in texas? Id think the shipping costs it be cheaper to buy from europe.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: theantediluvian

That law is definitely unconstitutional.

The ruling class care little about the plebs and their interpretation of the constitution.

And that just strengthens the argument that the law is an infringement upon individuals' First Amendment right to free speech.

Sounds like it also sounds unenforceable. My guess somepolitician lobbying israelis for campaign funds. And thought somehow this would prove they were pro israel pathetic.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

if Israel donating money has anything at all to do with the topic of this thread, then I imagine they are donating money to the politician's campaign???
the money involved is from the federal disaster fund, which is available to all american citizens who are hit with a natural disaster as long as they meet the requirement laid out by the federal gov't. I'm not really sure if the state can lay down extra requirements like this anyways.
there's a long list of companies, people, cities and states that have been the target of christian boycotts, and yes, I am pretty sure that chrisitan businesses probably avoid some on that list also. hey, that's okay, it's the right to buy from whomever they want. if you don't like players kneeling at football games, hey, boycott them, no problem.
it seems like the only time a problem comes in is when the target happens to at trump's and family's products, or "christian companies" or cities and states that press for christian doctrines legislated into their laws. or, in this case, when businesses (and probably people) decide to target Israel, because well ya know, they are special. They have every right to evict every palestinian from that land that the age old book from god gave them ages ago!!! This coming from a group of people living in a country that still is taking lands from it's original inhabitants even when there's much newer documents signed by our government allowing them to have that land for themselves.

but, Israel is special!!!

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar
Original inhabitants were Jewish it was called Israel, the Jewish people bought the land back and worked the land from the dust bowl waste land it had become with hardly anybody there, if you think it that big a deal you should give the land back to the native Indians they have more of a claim same here in Australia. They are now 2nd 3rd generation born on their land of the ancient ancestors of approx 2000 years. Strange how the outsiders all suddenly rushed in afterward and tried taking it by force and the Israelis were vastly out numbered with only a small force but completely defeated the Muslim country invaders.

least you know Israel is special, it will never cease to exist again so you`ll be moaning the rest of your life.

Jewish Christian Muslim Atheist all living there and its far safer than the cities of the US.

Ex Hamas leaders son..

Ex Muslim Palistinian, who moved to America joined the Muslim Brotherhood to plan attacks against it, now a Christian telling the truth about Islam and what Palestine is who witnessed the Muslim invasion and they all thought it would be a cake walk to kill all the Jews. Now he see`s and knows the miracles first hand and loves Israel and the Jewish people, it takes courage to even leave Islam, because the punishment for apostasy is death. Islam is a death cult.

Jewish Claim to Israel

Though the definite origins of the word Palestine have been debated for years and are still not known for sure, the name is believed to be derived from the Egyptian and Hebrew word peleshet. Roughly translated to mean rolling or migratory, the term was used to describe the inhabitants of the land to the northeast of Egypt - the Philistines. The Philistines were an Aegean people - more closely related to the Greeks and with no connection ethnically, linguisticly or historically with Arabia - who conquered in the 12th Century BCE the Mediterranean coastal plain that is now Israel and Gaza.

A derivitave of the name Palestine first appears in Greek literature in the 5th Century BCE when the historian Herodotus called the area Palaistin?(Greek - Παλαιστ?νη). In the 2nd century CE, the Romans crushed the revolt of Shimon Bar Kokhba (132 CE), during which Jerusalem and Judea were regained and the area of Judea was renamed Palaestina in an attempt to minimize Jewish identification with the land of Israel.

After World War I, the name Palestine was applied to the territory that was placed under British Mandate; this area included not only present-day Israel but also present-day Jordan.

www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...

Palestine from the Philistines which in the Gaza strip area, The biblical description identifies five Philistine cities: Gaza, Ashdod, Ashkelon, Ekron, and Gath. which you can look at the map on the right hand side in here..en.wikipedia.org...

The Palistinians have since claimed they were direct descendants of the Canaanites before the Israelite's, so from the investigation this was the findings..

Palestinian leaders are manipulating the history of geographic Palestine/Land of Israel. They have manufactured a curious claim, expressed recently by Saeb Erekat, the chief Palestinian negotiator, that they are descended from Canaanites and are therefore the indigenous people of the area, present before the emergence of the Jewish people around the year 1500 BCE.
Saeb Erekat’s family is Bedouin. According to Bedouin genealogy, the family is part of the Huweitat clan which originated in the Hejaz area of Saudi Arabia, arrived in Palestine from the south of Jordan, and settled in the village of Abu Dis in the early twentieth century.
Several leading scholars of Middle Eastern studies and Islamic history have confirmed that the Palestinians do not have ancient roots in the area and are trying to invent origins for themselves that predate the Jewish people’s presence.
They explain that most of the Palestinians arrived as part of the waves of immigration that began in the nineteenth century at the time of the emergence of Zionism, attracted by employment opportunities and economic benefits.

The historical presence of the Jewish people in the “Holy Land” is well-documented, not only in the scriptures of all three monotheistic religions, and visible in extensive archeological remains, but also in historic writings by early Greek, Roman, pagan, and other visitors to the area. The fact that Christianity emanated from Judaism is further proof of the presence of a thriving Jewish community in the area.

Changing the Historical Narrative: Saeb Erekat’s New Spin

So Palestinians is a modern day invention who`s linage came from Saudi Arabia in the 19th century, who came after looking for work then laid false claims. Its all a con job who attack Israel and when Israel defends its self the world screams foul.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join