It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Retired ‘Navy SEAL’ praising Trump on Fox News was a fake

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Wow, one fake news drop (courtesy of the right) in a bucket of fake news, all of the rest of which is put out by the sore-loser left. Doesn't even compare. NEXT!
edit on 21-10-2017 by hombero because: (no reason given)

It's really easy to understand... if they have Americans busy fighting amongst themselves, they won't look at the corruption in their leadership. You've taken the bait.
edit on 21-10-2017 by hombero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

I think given all the flip flopping around hilary, the tarmac meeting with bill and the AG, etc... Anybody that doesn't have their head buried in the sore loser sands of the left realize that this is about much, much more than what media outlet likes which candidate. This is social maniuplation on a national scale and people have fallen for it left and right.Wake up!

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Fox News could just have very bad journalism in their ranks and did no in depth investigation into his service records ect. And when they found out retracted the story promptly,
Implying it is “FAKE NEWS”, and not just a case of very bad fact checking and journalism if a far stretch.
With all the proven fake news proven that came out of cnn, abc and msnbc you wold think fox would do a better job further then some guy showing them metals he received.
Either way big fail for Fox

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Why do people think the opinion of a Navy SEAL or any other armed service person is any more relevant than the opinion of a civilian?
Do they do political studies now in basic training or something?
...and yes I'm ex UK military before y'all start whining that I'm showing disrespect - my ability to strip and use an SA80 has zero relevance to my opinions on political leadership.
I see it so often on ATS, so you served, so what, doesn't make your political arguments any stronger as a result.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Fox and Trump- two fake things that go good together!

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe Does nobody actually research or corroborate anything anymore? .

it seems to be on the wane.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: hombero

I think given all the flip flopping around hilary, the tarmac meeting with bill and the AG, etc... Anybody that doesn't have their head buried in the sore loser sands of the left realize that this is about much, much more than what media outlet likes which candidate. This is social maniuplation on a national scale and people have fallen for it left and right.Wake up!

You are fooling yourself if you think any of these major media sources is full of honest, unbiased news. Fox is no better than CNN or anyone else. But heck.. keep drinking that Trump cool aid! Orange flavor. : )

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit

originally posted by: hombero

You are fooling yourself if you think any of these major media sources is full of honest, unbiased news. Fox is no better than CNN or anyone else. But heck.. keep drinking that Trump cool aid! Orange flavor. : )

Simple truth...Uncut

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Retired ‘Navy SEAL’ praising Trump on Fox News was a fake
Hey look. Fox News was caught fabricating news again (ie fake news). This time they were engaging in some stolen valor by reporting on a Navy Seal, Vietnam vet and 2 time Purple Heart awardee who happened to be a huge Trump fan. None of that was true though. Well the Trump fan part was probably true.

Fox News ran a story on Oct. 8 about a decorated Vietnam War Navy SEAL and glass artist who created an enormous presidential glass seal he hoped to give to President Trump. On Thursday, 11 days later, the network retracted the story after being told the Trump supporter never served in the SEALs or in Vietnam, much less earned commendations for his service.

In the segment, John Garafalo said he served in the Vietnam War with the U.S. Navy SEAL team. Fox News reported that he also received two Purple Hearts and about two dozen other medals for his service.

The man’s claimed record turned out to be a fabrication. It was first discovered by former Navy SEALs. Both these SEALs and family members of Garofalo contacted Fox News about the story, according to the Navy Times.

Don Shipley, a retired SEAL, told the Navy Times that he contacted Fox on Oct. 9, the day after the story ran.

But the story was still on the news outlet’s Facebook page on Oct. 19. By then it had amassed 1.5 million views.

It took them 11 days to run the correction on Facebook and they still haven't gotten around to do it on tv yet. That will happen on Sunday. Check out how they were sucking up to this jackhole.

“Garofalo is used to working under pressure,” Llenas said. “The Vietnam War veteran served seven years as a member of the nation’s first Navy SEAL team. He was awarded 22 commendations, including two Purple Hearts.”

“You are a hero,” Llenas told him.

“God bless John Garofalo,” another anchor said. “We certainly hope maybe the president is listening.”

I think it would've been best if he (Trump) had tuned this particular segment out.

Full disclosure. This isn't full blown stolen valor. He really DID serve in the Navy for four years from 1963 to 1967; he was just never a bad ass elite soldier and he never stepped foot in Vietnam.

Fox News? I give Fox News the same respect as I give CNN, MSNBC, NBCNews, ABCNews, CBSNews, and All Politically affiliated Newspapers. All biased and way to opinionated.

My question for your OP is, why would a guy go on National News and do this, when you would have to be an idiot not to think the truth would not be found out? That seems to open up a bunch of questions.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   

edit on 21/10/17 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Yet another case of piss poor journalism. Where do these idiots that run with these stories go to school? I want to make sure my kids never go to any of them. Does nobody actually research or corroborate anything anymore? This should have been very simple to find out prior to air.

Pretty sure unbiased, well researched reporting will never happen again in MSM.

MSM Reporters aren't journalists. MSM Anchors aren't journalists. MSM Exectuvies aren't journalists.

Out of every 1000 people the MSM employs there might be a handful of journalists in the lot, although I wouldn't count on even that many.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t It wasn't actually a faked story by fox news, but some trump chump who wanted to get on TV. How this has got to top of ATS news I don't know. There are thousands of fake stories by fake liberal media, Russia, Clinton, etc etc and you choose a pathetic excuse to call fake news, hope the mods chuck this bullsh*t in the bin

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Thank god for media watch dogs.

Journalists should be unbiased, impartial and fair, not these alphabet stations that methinks has a vested interests, hell where I come from the largest radio broadcaster's marquee voice of the right wants the government to withdraw funding from the national broadcaster because his was caught red handed doing a hypocritical diatribe and they reported on it!

In this day in age everyone has their ears to the ground so there can be no excuses for a social faux pas.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Lol, Faux Newz, is like crack for the mentally deficient among us. Wouldn’t it be refreshing if some winger, some day would just admit they are easily duped, instead of repeating the same tired lines,,,, bbbbbbut a democrat did this or Clinton did that.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Yeah, that's the way it works. 'BOTH' sides lie and create scandal's. This keeps the citizens of each party fighting, arguing and pointing out the flaws of the other side (kind of like you just did there). Once people see things for what they really are....both parties are against you; only then will they know the truth. Draw two opposing circles on a piece of paper. Color one Blue, the other Red. Now observe both, but do not choose either....this is how one can view the truth of what the Globalists are up to. You have to see the world through their eyes. Don't choose a side, or you will get caught up in the distractions created for you.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

No supreme here. Not that long ago FOX had a fake ex CIA person on. Before that it as a fake retired NYPD officer.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
So are you saying there aren't many many many US servicemen who support Trump?
I think military types by far voted for him.

Voted for and still support are two different things.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Yet another case of piss poor journalism. Where do these idiots that run with these stories go to school? I want to make sure my kids never go to any of them. Does nobody actually research or corroborate anything anymore? This should have been very simple to find out prior to air.

Pretty sure unbiased, well researched reporting will never happen again in MSM.

FOX is not journalism. They don't even claim that is the case. FOX news is legally entertainment.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ANNED
Fox news may never have had the full list and can only go on what they see.
I will bet that if this fake seal had gone to the alt-left new media has story would have been run if it was anti trump.

Lol. Way to deflect the story.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrumJunkie

That Don Shipley spends a lot of time busting out stolen valor perps. I don't watch Fox News so I have on way of knowing how they dealt with this after they found out. i would hope they own up to it. Though it seems most the MSM are pretty good at embellishing or flat out lying then acting like it never happened.

I had watched some show (maybe a youtube vid?) a while back where Shipley was like a man on a mission busing out people that where faking or at the least embellishing their service. He seems to mostly go after fake SEALS if I remember right.

Could this be a case where Shipley watched the news and sees this story and thinks he needs to look into it?

And how cool is the name Shipley for a SEAL?

Yeah. Imagine that is what happened. He either saw the show or a friend of his did and alerted him to it to look into. I give equal credence to either of those scenarios being he most likely.

He takes that stuff very seriously. As he should though. You go through so much # to be a Seal and for some wackjob to just steal that honor to gain credibility he doesn't deserve is a slap in their face.

PS: Yeah it's like he was named to be in the Navy.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join