It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Retired ‘Navy SEAL’ praising Trump on Fox News was a fake

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: interupt42

My dirty is not Hillary Clinton.

Looks like you had a Freudian slip and thought of dirty when thinking about Hillary, lol

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Yeah because calling out Fox News for lying TOTALLY means I don't care about the people in power getting away with fleecing the public. That sounds like a valid logical analysis... /sarc

You know it is a logical fallacy to derail a conversation because we aren't talking about the pet peeve topic you want to talk about right?

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek
As far as I'm concerned, we should put this guy in a room with a 1/2 dozen former SEAL team members...

Why former? Put this tool bag and that douche nozzle Bilzerian in with some current and let them have fun.

Because the former ones want to have some fun too...And the guy is Vietnam era...those guys need to let out some frustration on this guy, since he's claiming he's part of their club.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
Ew. That made me wonder if he still retains any rabbit qualities. You owe me a bottle of something stronger than wine for that...

Sorry. I'll make up for it when I see you.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Yeah. I'm not exactly crazy about their turnaruond here for the retractions. If I were them I'd try to distance myself as far as possible from even possibly supporting some form of stolen valor. Especially considering that the demographic Fox News generally caters to is VERY patriotic and pro-military.

Their viewers literally don't care. Remember their defense expert who was on for years, and it turned out he was some random guy who leveraged Fox covering him into getting to advise our top members of government on the military.

Fox viewers are going to spin this as a liberal agenda, probably driven by Hillary Clinton, where they made this guy a plant to discredit real patriotic Americans who have to speak out.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Why is it always ex-seals? They are always used by valor stealers and people trying to pretend to be special forces.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle
Why is it always ex-seals? They are always used by valor stealers and people trying to pretend to be special forces.

Blame that on the Navy.

Army you are either a Green Beret/Ranger or you are not a Green Beret/Ranger
Air Force - You are either a Para-Jumper or you are not a Para-Jumper
Marines - Either you are Recon or you are not Recon

Navy - They can be "honorary" SeALs if they meet the criteria

Leaves a door open for people to say "I'm like a SeAL" and have an argument to fall back on.

It's like Norman Schwarzkopf being an "honorary" Foreign Legionnaire. I love ol' Stormin Norman to death but that is straight up bull#%$#

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle
Why is it always ex-seals?

Because they're the most popular special forces.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

So FOX is correcting the record on a man who lied to them. Not sure what the beef here is?

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
a reply to: burdman30ott6

www.abovetopsecret.com...

imo

Innocent until proven guilty, though. They didn't know he was a liar until his story had initially ran. How would it have looked if they'd run the story, then pulled the story to investigate, then discovered he was legit? Then you've got a bunch of veterans and veteran support groups pissed at FOX for not taking the word of an honored veteran. This was a no-win for FOX, IMO... and I'm not even particularly fond of them, but fair expectations are fair.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

It would have been better to have done the investigative journalism before running the story, but once published and alerted to possible fraud, leaving it up getting hundreds of thousands of views while investigating the military background was indefensible.

As is the case all too often in major news media networks agendas supersede everything else...

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: ausername
Fox didn't discover this. Some real ex-Seals did and called Fox out until Fox printed a retraction.

Retired navy seals have a list of everyone that has ever been a navy seal. and in most cases do not even need the list because they can just ask a few questions to know if anyone was a seal or not.

Fox news may never have had the full list and can only go on what they see.
I will bet that if this fake seal had gone to the alt-left new media has story would have been run if it was anti trump.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
not a surprise to me. the media was compromised decades ago. honestly im not sure any one of them is more guilty then the next. theres a plethora of video evidence out their that proves it going back decades. i wish everyone would realize that its on you to sort out the truth from the bs opinion and even then you probly only know a small % of what actually happened so take it with a grain of salt. besides the majority of the news they report is completely pointless to your everyday life and youll have zero affect on those events even if u try and put in an effort

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   
F.O.X. Stands for

Fake - Optimized - Xenagogue - NEWS

Xenagogue - Derived from the same root as xenophobia, a xenagogue is someone whose job it is to conduct strangers or to act as a guide while…

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Fox news is not the one who lied. The man representing himself as something he wasn't is the liar.

Fox news is guilty of not properly checking their source, like many other news sites have done, including CNN and others.

As far as the person, pretty sure it is a crime to wear a uniform with medals you didn't receive.

I would think that showing medals you claimed you were awarded falsely falls under the same category.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

Probably not.

(b)Fraudulent Representations About Receipt of Military Decorations or Medals.—
Whoever, with intent to obtain money, property, or other tangible benefit, fraudulently holds oneself out to be a recipient of a decoration or medal described in subsection (c)(2) or (d) shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than one year, or both

www.law.cornell.edu...

Seems he's a colossal dick but not a criminal.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

That Don Shipley spends a lot of time busting out stolen valor perps. I don't watch Fox News so I have on way of knowing how they dealt with this after they found out. i would hope they own up to it. Though it seems most the MSM are pretty good at embellishing or flat out lying then acting like it never happened.

I had watched some show (maybe a youtube vid?) a while back where Shipley was like a man on a mission busing out people that where faking or at the least embellishing their service. He seems to mostly go after fake SEALS if I remember right.

Could this be a case where Shipley watched the news and sees this story and thinks he needs to look into it?

And how cool is the name Shipley for a SEAL?

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   
It wouldn't really surprise me at all if Fox already knew the guy was a fake but decided to run with it anyway. After all, a good portion of the viewing population doesn't pick apart the news. It's accepted as gospel.

MSM is now a sucking hole of idiocy on both sides of the divide.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I don't care that Fox got it wrong. All the media sources get their crap wrong, or more often just tell stories with a bias to suit their agenda and political slant.

But I'm still amazed Trump's supporters STILL buy his story that there are fake news outlets (which are those that post anything negative about Trump), and "real" news media sources (those that kiss his butt). They flock to his "fake news!" banner. And I can't really tell if they are being purposely obtuse, or they actually are foolish enough to believe it. Perhaps it's just blind fanaticism for Trump.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join