It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Retired ‘Navy SEAL’ praising Trump on Fox News was a fake

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
Fox should be ashamed.

The standards of journalism at this point are garbage.

Yeah. I'm not exactly crazy about their turnaruond here for the retractions. If I were them I'd try to distance myself as far as possible from even possibly supporting some form of stolen valor. Especially considering that the demographic Fox News generally caters to is VERY patriotic and pro-military.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Par for the course when it comes to TV news.
Pretty sad if you ask me.

No wonder internet/youtube news is so popular.
A lot of them are the only 'real' journalists left.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Part and parcel these days.

In other news, I was finally able to get the article to load (check your messages) and was pleased to see my suspicions confirmed: good ol' Don Shipley was on the case, as usual.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Yeah. Sorry about that. I really like WaPo's reporting as far as online news sources go. Much better than Huff Po, imo. I get tired of HP mimicking Fox News' sensationalism except with a liberal slant. They also organize their news topics in an easy to navigate manner, unlike CNN which confuses me often. And opinion/analysis articles are clearly marked so you know that they aren't trying to pass that off as factual news.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

It seems like the majority of their experts, agents and soldiers end up being fake or lying about the topic.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
...unlike CNN which confuses me often.

CNN confuses me too.

Is it a news organization? A fictional creative content group? An anti-Trump/pro-Hillary bastion? The Cartoon Network with real people? You make the call...

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I was telling another poster, I'd be mortified I were them to discover this guy misrepresented himself like he did. There isn't much of a quicker way to gain the ire of literally anyone no matter the partisan persuasion than participating in stolen valor. Fox News has a large fanbase that is pro-military too. That isn't a good look.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

CNN is like the loser friend everyone has in their group of friends who is always trying to emulate the cooler people in the clique but coming off too stilted making them look lamer in the process, and thus is usually the punching bag of the group.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   

CNN is like the loser friend everyone has in their group of friends who is always trying to emulate the cooler people in the clique but coming off too stilted making them look lamer in the process, and thus is usually the punching bag of the group.

The moped of news.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   
By the time a correction is issued the fake news has already amassed so many views, and it is unlikely the viewers will go back and notice it. It happens every time. Now if only the Washington Post held this standard to all news corps, including itself.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Fox claims they spent two weeks looking into this guy's military past before retracting the story.

That's the problem, they should have pulled it immediately, while investigating.

There's no defense for not doing that, it's indefensible.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   

I was telling another poster, I'd be mortified I were them to discover this guy misrepresented himself like he did. There isn't much of a quicker way to gain the ire of literally anyone no matter the partisan persuasion than participating in stolen valor. Fox News has a large fanbase that is pro-military too. That isn't a good look.

Confirmation bias is like a drug for a lot of people.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   

You would think that by now, anyone claiming to be a Navy SEAL with beaucoup medals and awards would be suspect.

Navy SEALs that I know generally don't advertise and tend to stay within their peer group. I find it interesting that people are so desperate for attention that they try to appear to be important by pretending. In my age group there are guys who say they were Navy SEALS, Huey door gunners, Marine snipers, LRP's, and so on, much like the many who claimed to be at Woodstock.
I will state that I was never any of these during my military service, never attended Woodstock, and wouldn't have gone even if I was in the US at the time.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

With a broken pedal. I really can't sit through more than five minutes, all the same their ratio of fake news is pretty low. Their format and anchors are just cringey.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

fight fire with fire.
always liked weekly world news growing up

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

Yeah. While I was in the Army we had one guy who went on to Special Forces training, but in Field Artillery there isn't much use for special forces, and my MOS was a track vehicle so there was no Air Assault and we only were able to do Airborne if we were at Fort Bragg. Which I was not. I don't need to brag about that crap though. I'm proud of the accomplishments I DID achieve while in the Army. I don't need to have been a special forces badass to be proud of what I did.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Confirmation bias is like a drug for a lot of people.

It sure seems that way... o.O

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: dashen

fight fire with fire.
always liked weekly world news growing up

Except you're not fighting anything with anything. Kinda just making an ass of yourself.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

a reply to: pteridine

Yeah. While I was in the Army we had one guy who went on to Special Forces training, but in Field Artillery there isn't much use for special forces, and my MOS was a track vehicle so there was no Air Assault and we only were able to do Airborne if we were at Fort Bragg. Which I was not. I don't need to brag about that crap though. I'm proud of the accomplishments I DID achieve while in the Army. I don't need to have been a special forces badass to be proud of what I did.

I did do the preliminary swim test during NAVOCS for BUDS with the blackout mask and all but was NPQ because they couldn't grind UDT/EOD/Beach Jumper masks to my vision. My tenure as a snake eater was less than a day. After talking to some guys who went through BUDS, and a few more who rang the bell, I determined that I probably wouldn't have survived the course. Then I got to be a cog in another mechanism. "Nuke 'em 'till they glow and use their @sses for runway markers."

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

and thats different from my previous posting history how?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join