It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Tweets Out Fake News about UK Crime Figures to Suit His Agenda , So Sad

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

Don't even bother doing your research eh?

Trump said it so it must be true.

The increase in violent crime figures is driven largely by two things, a increase in homicide rates of 8% and a increase in sexual offences. The figures regarding homicide rates exclude those killed in terrorist attacks, that is to say they are not statistically included in those numbers.

Fallling police numbers are the biggest contribution to increases in violent crime.

Not islamic terrorism because that is not even being included in the increasing homicide rate.

So regardless of the terrorist attacks the crime rates would be going up.

As such trump saying the crime figures are going up and trying to claim it’s a result of terrorism is wrong
edit on 20-10-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

Trump tweets like a moody teenage child and you all seem to love him for it, whether or not its right or has any reference to the real world!!

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Eshel

I believe when the rise in crime was reworded as Islamic terrorism he inferred they were one and the same. Not saying you did, just saying they are not interchangeable.

Rise in terrorism equals rise in crime.
Rise in crime does not equal rise in terrorism.

Again, no one said rise in crime equals rise in terrorism and vice versa. I just don't think you guys know what the word "amid" means.

"Just out report: "United Kingdom crime rises 13% annually [surrounded by] spread of Radical Islamic terror." Not good, we must keep America safe! "

link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Trump is deliberately trying to link the two for his own purpose.

As many here on ATS can testify I am by no means an Islamic apologist and have very strong views about the presence and influence of Islamic extremists here in the UK.
But Trump is very much wrong here.

Yes, there has been a rise in Muslim related crimes here in the UK......but it by no means accounts for an overall 13% rise in reported crime.
If someone did the math I'd guess, and I admit it's nothing more than educated guess, that Islamic extremist crimes only account for a small proportion of the overall rise.

The overall rise is probably down to number of reasons; fewer police officers, changes in how the numbers are recorded and categorised etc and various societal changes.

As an aside; I wonder what the reaction would be if Teresa May decided to comment on US crime figures in such an uninformed and inflammatory manner - I suspect our colonial cousins would be screaming for a cessation of diplomatic relations unless an immediate apology was received.

link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Current threat from international terrorism The current threat level for international terrorism in the UK is SEVERE.

What the threat levels mean
Threat levels are designed to give a broad indication of the likelihood of a terrorist attack.

LOW means an attack is unlikely.
MODERATE means an attack is possible, but not likely
SUBSTANTIAL means an attack is a strong possibility
SEVERE means an attack is highly likely
CRITICAL means an attack is expected imminently

MI5 Threat level

You guys be careful out here.

Stop the fear mongering

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

HA!

You do realise that our terror threat level has been at Severe pretty much since the inception of that system, if you look through it I think we have been at Severe since 2012.

The only time that actually has any effect is when it hits critical and even that that disruption is short lived and minimal.

Why are you even posting this!

The JTAC also don't just look at Islamic terrorism but domestic terrorism, hell they even had to create their own category for Irish terrorism.

But to hell with that right, anything to help push the agenda of your lord and saviour Donald J Trump.

But Trump is right. I just don't think you like the truth.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whereismypassword

Current threat from international terrorism The current threat level for international terrorism in the UK is SEVERE.

What the threat levels mean
Threat levels are designed to give a broad indication of the likelihood of a terrorist attack.

LOW means an attack is unlikely.
MODERATE means an attack is possible, but not likely
SUBSTANTIAL means an attack is a strong possibility
SEVERE means an attack is highly likely
CRITICAL means an attack is expected imminently

MI5 Threat level

You guys be careful out here.

Stop the fear mongering

Convict me of a hate crime like your police state loves to do.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Trump is deliberately trying to link the two for his own purpose.

As many here on ATS can testify I am by no means an Islamic apologist and have very strong views about the presence and influence of Islamic extremists here in the UK.
But Trump is very much wrong here.

Yes, there has been a rise in Muslim related crimes here in the UK......but it by no means accounts for an overall 13% rise in reported crime.
If someone did the math I'd guess, and I admit it's nothing more than educated guess, that Islamic extremist crimes only account for a small proportion of the overall rise.

The overall rise is probably down to number of reasons; fewer police officers, changes in how the numbers are recorded and categorised etc and various societal changes.

As an aside; I wonder what the reaction would be if Teresa May decided to comment on US crime figures in such an uninformed and inflammatory manner - I suspect our colonial cousins would be screaming for a cessation of diplomatic relations unless an immediate apology was received.

I'm sorry but you're just misinterpreting simple English for whatever reason. Crime is on the rise amid the spread Radical Islamic terror . That's a fact.

Independant: "UK terror arrests rise almost 70% in a year to reach record high, new figures show"

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

HA!

You do realise that our terror threat level has been at Severe pretty much since the inception of that system, if you look through it I think we have been at Severe since 2012.

The only time that actually has any effect is when it hits critical and even that that disruption is short lived and minimal.

Why are you even posting this!

The JTAC also don't just look at Islamic terrorism but domestic terrorism, hell they even had to create their own category for Irish terrorism.

But to hell with that right, anything to help push the agenda of your lord and saviour Donald J Trump.

But Trump is right. I just don't think you like the truth.

Translation

Ohhh.... b-b-but trump said it..... so it must be right. Right???

Honestly when you you get your head out of the sand and see this guy for the dangerous moron he is.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Translation

Ohhh.... b-b-but trump said it..... so it must be right. Right???

Honestly when you you get your head out of the sand and see this guy for the dangerous moron he is.

No, it's right because the statement corresponds to the facts. But to you since Trump said it the truth is false, up is down, so on and so forth.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

There's one prerequisite for a police state - police.
In case you haven't noticed, as a few people have mentioned already in this thread police numbers are at critically low levels largely due to the totally unnecessary austerity cuts that the Tory government have been imposing.

I'm going out soon for a few pints.
I'll visit a few pubs and talk the customary bollocks to friends, associates and possibly a few complete strangers.
At some point I'll undoubtedly enter in to one or vocal tirades against our government, changes in our society etc etc amongst other things.
No-one will arrest me, I won't be reported to any Gestapo like secret police and I'll be allowed to go about my business relatively freely.

Doesn't much sound like a police state to me - methinks you've been swallowing the bollocks you seem to be getting spoonfed over there.

edit on 20/10/17 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Just out report: "United Kingdom crime rises 13% annually amid spread of Radical Islamic terror." Not good, we must keep America safe!

Where does he say the reason for the rise in crime? I read it as saying that, while radical islamic terror spreads, (meaning: occuring simultaneously) uk crime rates rise 13% annually.

Look up in your dictionary, the definition of the word "amid".
edit on 10/20/2017 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

There's one prerequisite for a police state - police.
In case you haven't noticed, as a few people have mentioned already in this thread police numbers are at critically low levels largely due to the totally unnecessary austerity cuts that the Tory government have been imposing.

I'm going out soon for a few pints.
I'll visit a few pubs and talk the customary bollocks to friends, associates and possibly a few complete strangers.
At some point I'll undoubtedly enter in to one or vocal tirades against our government, changes in our society amongst other things.
No-one will arrest me, I won't be reported to any Gestapo like secret police and I'll be allowed to go about my business relatively freely.

Doesn't much sound like a police state to me - methinks you've been swallowing the bollocks you seem to be getting spoonfed over there.

Well said

Enjoy your pint

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I was being hyperbolic. But let me know when you have a pint without your government watching your every move.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I was being hyperbolic. But let me know when you have a pint without your government watching your every move.

Eh?..

Are you being hyperbolic again or are you just buying into more rubbish.

The uk gov does not watch us having pints.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Amid not because.

Your splitting hairs - Trump knew exactly what he was saying and how it would be interpreted, he's deliberately trying to link the two.

He's a complete bell end and makes the USA look a laughing stock on the world stage.....he's only one step up the ladder from Rocket Man himself.

[Ok, that might be an exaggeration, but you get the point I'm trying to make.....don't you?)

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

I keep waiting....

And waiting....

And waiting....

Someone has got to shut this moron up.

You're gonna be waiting through 2020

edit on 20-10-2017 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Once again the leader of the free world spins a LIE to suit his own agenda. Sad , pathetic and beneath contempt.

Once again Trump tweets and its a race to post a thread on ATS. Every tweet is thread worthy? Will someone just start a Trump tweet thread..

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I was being hyperbolic.

Honestly?

I suspect your nose might be growing.....

But let me know when you have a pint without your government watching your every move.

Err, how about in five minutes time when my taxi pulls up.....and it won't only be one pint my friend.

Maybe one day you'll be able to join me in a few and see how the UK really is, the real UK outside of London.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Amid not because.

Your splitting hairs - Trump knew exactly what he was saying and how it would be interpreted, he's deliberately trying to link the two.

He's a complete bell end and makes the USA look a laughing stock on the world stage.....he's only one step up the ladder from Rocket Man himself.

[Ok, that might be an exaggeration, but you get the point I'm trying to make.....don't you?)

Yes since your interpretation of simple english was wrong so was your criticisms.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join