It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Tweets Out Fake News about UK Crime Figures to Suit His Agenda , So Sad

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+37 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Latest crime figures for England and Wales published by the Office for National Statistics show an increase in recorded crime of 13% in the last 12 months , the reason for the rise is due to an increase in Knife crime and Sexual offences with a small rise in the number of homicides.

At 3:31 am the Twatter in chief tweeted out this little nugget of skewed wisdom.

Just out report: "United Kingdom crime rises 13% annually amid spread of Radical Islamic terror." Not good, we must keep America safe!
twitter.com...

The actual reason for the rise has Nothing to do with Islamic terrorism as the ONS say in this report

John Flatley, from the ONS, said: "While improvements made by police forces in recording crime are still a factor in the increase, we judge that there have been genuine increases in crime - particularly in some of the low incidence but more harmful categories."
But he said police figures alone cannot provide "a good measure of all crime in society".
"The recent increases in recorded crime need to be seen in the context of the overall decline in crime indicated by the Crime Survey for England and Wales," he said.

The 19% increase in "violence against the person" offences dealt with by police was "driven largely" by increases in the sub-categories of "violence without injury" (21%) and "stalking and harassment" (36%) and "violence with injury" (10%), the ONS said.
www.bbc.co.uk...

There is a problem with knife crime especially in London but not due to terrorism but criminal gang activity , only a fool would see a 13% increase in the figures as terrorism related.
Once again the leader of the free world spins a LIE to suit his own agenda.
Sad , pathetic and beneath contempt.
edit on 20-10-2017 by gortex because: splong

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
In before "We all know the British authorities are just covering for Muslims!"

I guarantee multiple people will try to make that argument. It must be nice to be able to just ignore any information you don't like and insert your own hyperbole.

Trump said it so it's gospel.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Acid

Maybe not exactly terrorism, but there has been a dramatic rise in acid attacks, which is traditionally committed by extreme muslims.

Trump does need to chill on the twitter, though.
He would do himself a lot of favors by toning it down a bit.
If he would find better words to get his message across, he wouldn't have quite as much bad press.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Yes London is much more peaceful and safe then 20 years ago. I heard that along with guns they a baning acid sales?

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

Maybe not exactly terrorism, but there has been a dramatic rise in acid attacks, which is traditionally committed by extreme muslims.

The majority of acid attacks are committed by criminals because acid is an effective tool and not as obvious in a search as guns or knives , yes traditionally acid is used in Muslim countries but its use here is criminal not terror related.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

May got trashed for austerity measures on the already underfinanced police and now the next neo# chimes in for his horrific agenda of Total War, while mudding the waters in his appeal to the white supremacists.

Draining swamps again, nothing like winning! Wait...

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Those acid attacks have to be horrifying. I remember as a kid seeing an auto battery explode in a man's face while he was troubleshooting his truck.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o
Acid

Trump does need to chill on the twitter, though.
He would do himself a lot of favors by toning it down a bit.
If he would find better words to get his message across, he wouldn't have quite as much bad press.

The rise in acid attacks has been driven mostly by gang violence, gang members have realised that carrying bottles of acid around is easier and less likely to get them in trouble than carrying a knife.

It has little to do with extreme muslims. We used to just see it in cases of revenge attacks in the muslim community, yes. But the increase is as I said above, due to gang members having found out about it and using it.

Edited to add: Oops, sorry, I see somebody has already pointed that out.
edit on -05:00am381031America/ChicagoFri, 20 Oct 2017 07:38:08 -0500292 by Painterz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   

I think you will learn if you decide to read anything other than the BBC, is that crime against muslims has risen 70%. Now the next question is why? Why are the locals pushing back? hmmmm
Maybe they want to be able to go out at night? or visit some friends in places they can no longer go?
Either way Trump is still our president and he has been quite prophetic lately....

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I guess my questions would be have there been an increase in Muslim gang activities and/or an increase in Muslim population in British jail? What are the percent per capita of jailed Muslims vs non-Muslims? I am totally naive in this not living across the pond, but it would be nice to know if there are any correlation in those numbers since the loose immigration policies were enacted.
edit on 20-10-2017 by joemoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
Yes London is much more peaceful and safe then 20 years ago. I heard that along with guns they a baning acid sales?

The use of acid is nothing new.

It was a common crime in Victorian London.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: joemoe

As far as I'm aware gang activities and membership are not dictated by religion but criminality and the trade in drugs , London has a special unit that tackles black on black crime known as Operation Trident , most acid attack are due to criminality by ethnic minority gangs.

Like most places our prisons are filled with all races and religions , stupid people do stupid things.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ModusPonus

So "they're covering for the Muslims". I must be psychic.

he has been quite prophetic lately....

How? By looking at already available data and spinning it to pander to his base? That's not prophetic, that's lying.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   
So because the BBC says so, its fake? you realize its a liberal bias newpiece? this has been known, you might as well thrown in a CNN link.

lol, in fact your OP makes no sense, "not due to terrorism but gang activity", remind me what terrorism is? and yes there is a significant muslim population, mainly islamic, who do you think these gangs are composed of? thanks Sadiq!!

No S, No f.

Trust me, I actually have some respect for you, you seem to be nuetral in some cases, however, I see you fall prey to the liberal itch, because Trump, why not.

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

So blame Muslims even when the data says otherwise. Why am I not surprised?

Trump said it so it's gospel.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   

I keep waiting....

And waiting....

And waiting....

Someone has got to shut this moron up.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

The article said what the increase was from.
And it wasn't acid attacks.
Or Muslims.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

So because the BBC says so, its fake?

I saw the tweet before I found the link , the link is just to show what the ONS say about the figures , the BBC story was published yesterday before Trumps comment so I'm not following any liberal agenda , the opinion is mine.

Yes it's fake , the rise in the figures does not have anything to do with the "spread of Radical Islamic terror" but because Trump put the claim in quotation marks that's the impression he want's to give to his followers.

He's using a headline to create his own story for his own purposes.

edit on 20-10-2017 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I have only one point of contention in this thread so far.

Can we stop using the word "Muslim" as interchangeable with "terrorist" ? Getting pretty sick and tired of seeing an entire religion blamed.

How about from now on, instead of calling them "nazis", I just use the word "christians". (ex: "man, those christians were horrible people during ww2")

Now, that being said, I see what the OP is saying and agree 100%. Just those small twisting of words can change a narrative greatly. Trump should really lay off Twitter. If for no other reason than to cover his own ass. Typed words have no inflection and anything said can be construed according to the reader. I say, if he wants to communicate like this, just use the camera on his phone and make a short statement and post that instead. I'd applaud him much more. (though, admittedly, i'd probably disagree with what he said lol)

)0( Blessed Be )0(

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Do you know what “amid” means? It doesn’t mean “caused by” or “reason for”. It means “surrounded by”.

And you guys invented the language.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join