It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WH Chief of Staff Kelly rips apart Congresswoman Rep. Frederica Wilson at Press Conference

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Remember, John Kelly had to go out there to fix the mess that Trump and his big mouth created. And, Kelly never said the Congresswomen lied, like Trump said he had proof of.  Kelly's problem was that she told the truth, and thereby made his boss look bad.

It's that simple.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Remember, John Kelly had to go out there to fix the mess that Trump and his big mouth created. And, Kelly never said the Congresswomen lied, like Trump said he had proof of.  Kelly's problem was that she told the truth, and thereby made his boss look bad.

It's that simple.

I suppose you are entitled to believe what you want. But I've watched that video twice today and I didn't see it that way at all.

If anything, Kelly reaffirmed my position that what Trump said was a compliment, as anyone who has served in the military would understand.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: windword

I'd like to see you in a room with General Kelly and tell him that Mr Keyboard warrior. Lapdog? Projected upon him?
That entire post is nothing but a complete asshole statement. Glad you got your star for that hate though!

Stand up to a retired officer and tell him to his face he is a liar and a lap dog? Where does this former enlisted sign up?

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

It's that simple.

You obviuosly never served in the military. And quite frankly you disgust me as someone that has served. Toattack general kelly saying hes being political is beyond the pale. This man served his country since probably before you were born and lost his son while he did the same and you havethe audacity to bash his integrity????????? Now he most deinately called her a liar but you dontknow enough about the military to even realize he did. When he called the congresswoman an empty barrel whatthat means is a person with an empty head it comes from the term an empty barrels makes the most noise. If you hit an empty barrel being hollow makes a loud noise. So what he said was the congresswoman has an emptyhed and just makes alot of noise.

If general kelly said he gave Trump advice and discussed with him how to sayit i think im going to go with the himseeing as thisman has made those calls before. To imply he lied or is covering up is such an insult toevery veteran that ever served in the military. Do you understand the words duty honor country? Veterans do and by your responses i see you have none. I think illend my rant before i toss my phone across theroom!!!!! But heres a quote foryou.

Duty, honor, country: Those three hallowed words reverently dictate what you ought to be, what you can be, what you will be. They are your rallying point to build courage when courage seems to fail, to regain faith when there seems to be little cause for faith, to create hope when hope becomes forlorn.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 05:37 AM
link   

I'd like to see you in a room with General Kelly and tell him that Mr Keyboard warrior. Lapdog? Projected upon him?
That entire post is nothing but a complete asshole statement. Glad you got your star for that hate though!

The 'hate' is directed at foreign nations by young men indoctrinated into 'service' by 'assholes' who sell the propaganda they spew from the Podium.

I couldn't watch it here anymore than on the TV.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 05:43 AM
link   
56 were killed in training accidents this year.

How many died being hit by another ship since Jan?

Non hostile related deaths? How many this year?

They ALL know what they signed up for.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 06:34 AM
link   

The thing is, several folks can acknowledge that and find it irrelevant in the face of how low she had stooped.

I didnt serve and dont even particularly care for the military on principle....and still understand she tread where no one should have.

Even worse is that the narrative has changed. It all started with a lie by omission accusung Trump of an out of context quote solely to rankle a specific audience. Now im expected to forget all that to focus on this flimsy complaint?

Why should i step over those 2 huge stealing piles of political BS just to take a closer look at how Trump responded to all this?

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: matafuchs

I have tried, but I can't talk my one son from joining.

I was an engineer and out of all my time in service, never pulled a trigger and only had to dodge one IED. It's an insane job.

It's a noble job.

I humbly salute your son.

I salute you both and your brave children. After what I saw in the Army, I wouldn't recommend it unless you feel passionate about risking your life for the freedom of others. Freedom is not without a cost. My children might choose to join one day but I would hope they understand the possible consequences. When you raise your hand and say "I DO" to the oath, you are a lifetime member.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
... that said, perhaps General Kelly’s remarks will be taken to heart by those that are STILL trying to make political hay over Benghazi.

Sure, we can let the criminal have another pass. /sarc

since when do you give up on justice?

Oh since your side was in power and are caught corrupt.

Before you say, the R's did this or that, I would say take them with her to jail but use real evidence not the stuff they are tying on us on MSM, real stuff like the paper trails for the Russia deals. We have to stop the criminal cabal from attempting to end America as it was intended or this chaos will continue.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: RazorV66

Right, anyone who disagrees with you is diseased.

I submit you didn’t understand a word of what General Kelly said

About two to one here, chock full of liberals and moderates, think you are off your rocker with this one.... and some would chime in about a lot of other stuff too lately.

SMH!

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Not advocating violence toward a woman......but some body needs to smack that stupid looking hat off her damn head. In so doing if the head comes off as well....then so be it. Florida...go figure. It's the heat, has cooked her brain...hence the protective headwear.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
Unfortunately this smear attempt was strong enough to entrench itself in the dung that some people call brains for long enough, that they will continue to fight for it despite its smell.

I wish conservatives would see leaders like Congresswoman Frederica Wilson as an Asset...a GIFT. The more she displays HATE and STUPIDITY, the better!

That gift comes with a double edged sword. Yes she points out the absolute lunacy, but the pain to the family is devastating I would have to believe. I hope Florida handles here in the primary even. She is a sad case. Mad Maxine needs to go too. Retire these idiots please, voters.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I would like to point out the irony - her hat constitutes cultural appropriation of old west cowboy culture!

Typical left hypocrisy.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

The 'hate' is directed at foreign nations by young men indoctrinated into 'service' by 'assholes' who sell the propaganda they spew from the Podium.

I couldn't watch it here anymore than on the TV.

If you keep on telling yourself stuff like that, you are going to be in for a big surprise.

Or maybe, I will be wrong and those people flooding in from all over the Earth who would like to live a life of freedom of choice like we do in America will say we are a bad place and stay home.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
I would like to point out the irony - her hat constitutes cultural appropriation of old west cowboy culture!

Typical left hypocrisy.

Tell that to her deceased grandmother...they were her hats. She only wears them in honor of her memory.

Kelly lied about her "calling Obama" to get the center built. That money was appropriated before she even came into office. What she did do was get the facility named after two heroes and received praise from both sides for doing so.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Well this morning the congresswoman suggested General Kelly is a racist for calling her an "empty barrel".

That spells out pretty clearly to me that she knows she's in the wrong on this issue. You wouldn't need to make clearly false racist accusations if you had some substance behind your position. She's scum.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us
Lots of opinions in this thread about how a military death notification and/or condolences should be made after a military death casualty. Makes me wonder how many of you have actually served and how many of you have ever had to make or assist with such a death notification?

Those who have served know full well the risks involved, always. Saying it aloud is not some insult to those military professionals, and only civilians would think so. Just like only civilians who have never done anything for anyone except themselves would eavesdrop and then try to politicize a solemn communication between POTUS and a grieving widow.

I can usually stomach the nonsense from the liberals and anti-POTUS on ATS. This hits too close to home and my position is that those of you who’ve never served in the US military should stay out of it...though I’m quite sure you who haven’t served are quite sure you know better than those of us who have.

how do you feel about trump bringing all this up?

going on about how he ALWAYS call and writes... when he has the time. LOL

saying that Obama and Bush didn't.

trying to imply he does it best. ya know, like how he does everything best, and knows more than anyone. that's all this was, him trying to brag how he does it best like he always does. good grief, he's an ass. how you all make excuses for his juvenile behavior is beyond weird.

also, when he realized what he said upset the mother why didn't he apologize??? is that so hard? instead he DENIED what he said. lol of course, Kelley blew that lie.

he should have said these calls are hard and I apologize if I was not eloquent in how I came across. something.. instead he lies.

edit on 20-10-2017 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-10-2017 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

The truth hurts huh?

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Oooh big tough guys. Gotta luv em.

Not...

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986