It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WH Chief of Staff Kelly rips apart Congresswoman Rep. Frederica Wilson at Press Conference

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

And to address you, of course they knew about the presidents call. The press knows everything. What is the point?

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

With humble respect. . . . . .

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

First, you don't tell me what to listen to.

If you want an answer to your question of me, then.....?

I mean, do you think it was right for her to try to take the phone?

That would be up to the family, just like it was up to the family who would ride with them and who would hear the phone call. But man, I would have loved for her to taken the phone and cursed at Trump! HAHA!

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

The point is, it been Trump publicizing the death of fallen soldiers all along. He brought it up in the first place. He alerted the media to the call. I don't recall the media covering any other condolence calls from the president before he publicized the ordeals. Trump politicized Gen Kelly's son's death, not the media and not Congresswomen Wilson.

edit on 19-10-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Martin75

It was NOT her conversation to share!

Says who? Not the person who decided to put the call on speaker!

Still , that is not for anyone to share with the public other than the person the call was directed to if they like.. And especially someone that is just "hearing".
Dont know much of honor and respect , do you ?
Just blind Trump hate.....

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Tell it to the reporters who converged on the Congresswomen to find out what the president said.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

With humble respect. . . . . .

My baby brother sent me the link to this video.

He is in the Navy. Some sort of Lt. Commander. Who knows with their ranks.

He's currently in Africa as well.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
Anyone that truly believes the president of the United States would call a widow just to be intentionally callous or disrespectful needs to go take a long hard look in the mirror.

Thank you!
God forbid we look at anything rationally around here anymore.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Kelly just lost the respect and moral authority that had been projected on him. He is exposed as the Trump lap dog that he is, prostrating himself before the media.

I am disappointed in him today, that's for sure. My sympathy for his and his family's loss remains though.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Tell it to the reporters who converged on the Congresswomen to find out what the president said.

I am telling you . Deflection ?
You ain't got much in your arsenal , have you ?

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Sawbuck says he won't lose any sleep over it.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Maybe McCain will speak up but that is a given.

That's how right-wing political correctness works right there. Jesus. McCain doesn't toe the line? Talk # on the guy. Right? Because Trump supporters "don't like people who were captured."

It's bizarre how Trump supporters continuously make excuses for a draft dodging clown who has repeatedly disrespected veterans, the parents of a fallen soldier, etc and then turn around and attack a man who requested a combat assignment, was wounded trying to save another pilot from a burning plane — and still volunteered for another assignment. A man who was shot down on his 23rd flight over Vietnam, broke his arms and legs ejecting, was bayoneted by the VC on the ground and became a POW. When offered lenient treatment for signing statements "admitting" that the US were criminals, like many other brave, loyal American POWs, he refused and faced years of regular torture for it. Similarly, offered a chance to be repatriated early (probably because of his father's position), he abided by code, convention and fraternity — and refused — spending what, 5 years as a POW?

What the f# was Trump doing? Keeping black people from renting daddy's apartments?

Trump supporters have no real standards. Just goal posts they can conveniently move around to be outraged. What a sad, disgusting joke.

"I don't like people who were captured." Douche bag.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

I'm not deflecting from my opinion. You're assaulting me with your opinion that Trump's call was somehow sacred. Well, the reporters didn't think so, and apparently Trump didn't either, because he alerted them ahead of time, so that they would ask.

If Congresswoman Wilson had said something positive about Trump, Trump's, and your opinion would be different.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Excellent thread!
A dignified person such as Kelly
usually would not even comment on
the lousy behavior he witnessed by
the particular member of Congress.
Yet I applaud him for calling out the
those to whom nothing is Sacred in
their selfish pursuits.

S&F

edit on 19-10-2017 by Wildmanimal because: typo

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Just listen to all of this bickering. Is there an unseen force out there that wants us all to just argue and divide down the middle to just hate each other for no better reason than our skin color or political party? I am soooo tired of this constant need to take a side....

if you saw a car on fire on a lone country road with the occupants in it....would you ask them what party they belonged to? would you see their skin color was different than yours? No you wouldn't. You'd see a person in need and help them.

What we're doing is just re-enacting the ridiculous mudslinging we see on the news. Then our children take our lead and do the same thing and we wonder why there's so much hate in the world.

We can debate and disagree in a respectful way...but we've moved beyond that into the realm of hatefullness and somehow I feel that is exactly what is expected.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I will fully say that what he said about McCain was overbaord line but if you want to shovel it out you should expect to get it back. I see it as a pissing contest the entire McCain/Trump feud. McCain the soldier. I thank him for what he did. McCain the politician? He is a self serving schmuck. You see. You can have varying opinions on people. It is usually how you keep friends. I mean, do you like everything about your friends? I don't.

McCain soldier = thank you for your service
McCain politician - was relected based on ending Obamacare and was the deciding vote to keep it. McCain was still whining about not getting an apology around that time

He is a dick and probably has a chip on his shoulder with Trump. What, you can't say anything about him because he was a POW? If he did it selfishly then why make it is big deal now?

Side note, it was not Trump was not keeping black people from renting. It was found that it was the property agents. They were just offering places where other blacks lived and in NYC in the early 70's there was a tight divide. I do not see racism.
This is not about McCain though. It is about that guy...his name was Sgt La David Johnson.

Here is another one. I mean, I would think if Trump was such a dick he would be rude to all soldiers, right? Listen to his call....

Linkl

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

People who have never served don't really understand.

That's why it is a mistake to put a military combat general as an advisor to the president when it comes to civilian matters. Kelly doesn't get that a pregnant wife and mother, mourning the loss of her husband doesn't want to hear that her husband loved killing and fighting more than her and their children. Johnson's mother didn't need to hear those words either.

Kelly doesn't get civilians. That's why he will do anything the president says. He's nothing more than a lap dog, prostrating himself at the presidents bidding, like a good soldier.

Your hate of Trump is so obvious that it really disqualifies your opinion. You are irrational and hate filled. I feel bad for you.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: megabogie

Honestly?

They'd probably look and if there was a Trump bumper sicker, take the wallet from the passenger and let the car burn.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
Thank you!!! That was beautiful and I love the way she changed the words.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
Anyone that truly believes the president of the United States would call a widow just to be intentionally callous or disrespectful needs to go take a long hard look in the mirror.

originally posted by: Oaktree
Thank you!
God forbid we look at anything rationally around here anymore.

I guess then you've never heard Trump talking about the parents of Captain Humayun Khan who also died in the service of his country..the USA, he disparaged them and their son in comparing his own monetary sacrifices to their son, who did sacrifice his life.

But, you are right, rationality is lost here, it makes me sick how people defend this cretin Trump, by giving up their own honour for him, and Trump doesn't give two shiites about them.
edit on 19-10-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join