It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WH Chief of Staff Kelly rips apart Congresswoman Rep. Frederica Wilson at Press Conference

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

You sure it was not the congresswoman? I mean, why would a congresswoman be with the family of a fallen soldier anyway?

Congresswoman Wilson was a long time friend of the family and knew La David and his brother since they were toddlers. She mentored them, more recently in a community outreach program, just before La David joined the military. Her brothe(?) was his high school principle.

Skip to 4:20, to hear Meagan McCain nail Wilson for playing politics and Wilson's reply that the reporters were told about the call ahead of time.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

I doubt it, it's a pretty low bar, Trump's got going.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

and yet, paradoxically, to reach the highest public offices in the land, having military service is highly desirable and somewhat of a pre-requisite for same.

I wonder why McCain lost to Obama then? Did Obama serve? Nope! Did Clinton serve? Nope! George W, well, that's debatable. Did Reagan serve? Nope! Did bone spur Don serve? Nope!

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: windword
It was NOT her conversation to share!

She shared what she wanted to share and turned it into something political.

edit on 10/19/2017 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I have seen and done some strange things in my time. Personal risks without a second thought. And even had a friend die right in my hands of heart failure while giving CPR....

There are things I could say here but after reading some responses, I am going to take a knee here. I'm serious, because I do not want the tone of my response towards a few to sully the honor I have for a fallen Green Beret.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Trump Derangement Syndrome has the exact same effect on anyone near that person as if that person was in the final stages of terminal alcoholism. Shear insanity where they think the world is wrong and their individual madness is the ONLY right.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
General Kelly is a class act and did not become a general being anybody's lap dog. He showed emotion...even though he tried not to and he succinctly put the congresswoman in question in check. I especially liked the story of her grandstanding at the event that was intended to be a memorial to fallen agents. His entire statement was just the facts...we need him running the media instead of the White House.

Put him on a ballot and he has my vote.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

had a friend die right in my hands of heart failure while giving CPR.... do not want the tone of my response towards a few to sully the honor I have for a fallen Green Beret.

Give yourself an applause - that's a mighty big message for such a small and poignant posting.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Because was a #ty candidate. We need more like Ike! He was the last true military presidents and the one who warned us about the political future.

We the hate on the military?

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Yeah, i like all the clapping for the congressbitch in the first 3 minutes of that estrogen fest. Especially when she asked if she could speak to him. As if it is her call and it is the right time to buck up and call someone out. She is a classless piece of # who made this about her and not the family.

Glad you like to listen to Whoppie and not a Marine General.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Says who? Not the person who decided to put the call on speaker!

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

did trump put the call on speaker?

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75

She shared what she wanted to share and turned it into something political.

As I said to Matafuchs at the beginning, the politicization of this started with Trump on Monday, when without provocation, he decided to make false claims about his predecessor and past presidents to pat himself on the back in public because that's just the douche bag stuff he does.

This was after not one mention of the event or the deaths of these men for almost two weeks. Then the very next day he calls Sgt. Johnson's widow. **

Personally, I think Wilson made a big deal out of a ill-formulated statement and it's fair to criticize her for that but to pretend that the POTUS flat out lying and politicizing such a solemn thing on Monday wasn't the start of this fiasco is extreme willful ignorance.

EDIT to add:

** and knowing Trump, I'm sure that before calling the call, the WH reached out to the media to let them know he was doing it. Because Trump is a media whore.
edit on 2017-10-19 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Glad you like to listen to Whoppie and not a Marine General.

I was listening to Congresswomen Wilson and Meagan McCain, John McCain's daughter. As I pointed out, the conversation I was directing you to started at 4:20. That was posted to answer your question about my comment that the reporters already knew about the conversation and asked Wilson what the president said.

Try to follow your own post's arguments!

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Martin75

Says who? Not the person who decided to put the call on speaker!

Irrelevant - having the conversation on speaker is the same as the 2 people in conversation being physically present in the same room speaking at standard conversation volume so it comes down to what the recipients of the conversation do with same upon exiting the room where the conversation took place. No doubt there is a presumed code of conduct that such conversations would be kept private out of respect for the family of the fallen.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

did trump put the call on speaker?

Can your callers put their calls on your phone's speaker? I don't know if Trump put his side of the call on speaker or not, but I would imagine he did, since he said he had "proof".

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Unless you're talking about someone illegally recording the conversation, your suggestion is irrelevant.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

First, you don't tell me what to listen to. You cherry picked what YOU wanted but like a smart person I listened to it all. All of it. Not a piece. Not a part. Nope.

This gem from Kelly

White House chief of staff General John Kelly sternly lectured Congressman Frederica Wilson for listening to and politicizing President Donald Trump’s phone call to the grieving widow of a slain soldier. “It stuns me that a member of Congress would have listened in on the conversation – absolutely stuns me,” Kelly said, “And I thought at least that was sacred.”

No truer words spoken. I mean, do you think it was right for her to try to take the phone? She made it ALL about her and here you are trying to say Trump did not act fast enough or say the right thing or was an idiot.

She is a female Sharpton. I mean, are there any other jumping to defend her? Maybe McCain will speak up but that is a given.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Oh wait, of course McCain gets his quote...

While speaking to reporters on Thursday, Senate Armed Services Committee Chairman Senator John McCain (R-AZ) stated that “Of course” the Trump administration hasn’t been forthcoming about the deadly Niger attack. McCain said that a subpoena might be required to get to the bottom of the attack, but he had “a good conversation with General McMaster, and they said that they would be briefing us. …

And we’ll, hopefully, get all the details.” One of the reporters asked McCain, “Do you feel the administration’s been forthcoming up to this point about what happened there?” McCain answered, “Of course not.”

I mean, are you dumb enough to believe the Senate Armed Services Committee Chairman knew nothing about this?

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I think everyone taking a side here should step back a little, especially given the lurid title of the thread.
Sure, that congresswoman is loud, to my ears at least, but she wasn't lying, as Trump said. I don't think Kelly is totally unbiased in his remarks either, since any person who was present could well have made the same remarks to reporters gathered outside, and since the call wasn't private, it was on the phone's speaker. I think Kelly's advise to Trump was the correct one in saying he would rather he didn't make the call, but I also think it was poor advice in talking about the young soldier signing up for it, if in fact he even meant Trump to make that statement to a grieving widow, rather than being just descriptive..that's not quite clear, and maybe the reporters could have asked further about that, but the video is clipped.
The young man died in the service of his country, that to me, is the only homily, Trump should have been capable of that, but his history says different, how quickly everyone forgets the debacle of the remarks he made when army Captain Humayun Khan who also died in the service of his country, and when this was as Trump was but a candidate for President, that was left for Mike Pence to clear up the mess, albeit with a political bent, now Kelly does much the same, while I guess the face palms will keep coming.
Now, the last thing is how could Trump not address the widow with her husbands name instead of 'your guy' (if that is also true, and not mentioned in the prelim from the OP) Kelly doesn't mention that either, but then he had some difficulty calling the President...President Trump.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join