It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WH Chief of Staff Kelly rips apart Congresswoman Rep. Frederica Wilson at Press Conference

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: DBCowboy

No, general Kelly doesn't believe that any "patriotic American" has the right to question the authority of the military hierarchy or the president's motives. He is projecting military demand for blind obedience onto the American people.

LOL!

You stepped in it so bad, now you are pretending you can read minds????? A patriotic American who understands the Constitution, you know that ancient piece of paper you Progs want destroyed, KNOWS that questioning the government IS PARAMOUNT to our Freedom and Liberty!

I know, it's a hard concept for Totalitarians to grasp......

No mind reading required. This is an except from a speech Gen Kelly made 4 days after his son's death, speaking about those who "support the troops, but not the Iraq war".

"Their struggle is your struggle," Kelly said, according to a video of his remarks.

"They disdain those who claim to support them but not the cause that takes their innocence, their limbs, and their lives. As a democracy … we must support them. I know it doesn't apply to anyone in this room today, but if anyone thinks you can somehow thank them for their service, and not support the cause for which they fight–our country–then these people are lying to themselves and rationalizing away something in their own lives, but, more importantly, they are slighting our warriors and mocking their commitment to this nation."

freebeacon.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

well, I saw an interview with a gold star mom who was disappointed with Kelley's speech and the way he went after that congress women.

i bet that you will find that with many griefing mothers, wives, fathers, sons, daughters who are trying to make sense of why their loved one was killed no matter who called or wrote. it's natural.

edit on 19-10-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

a reply to: thesaneone

"He knew what he was signing up for.......but it still hurts when it happens."

You know, that 2nd part makes it worse, don't you? It gives the impression that death is the expectation, and that Trump considers his soldiers disposable fodder and their deaths as acceptable collateral damage.

Our friend's son is going into the Navy, going to try for Seals. He verbatim said he knows why he is signing up and what could happen to him. He has no illusions. He know he could die in service to the Country but still he wants to be a Seal.

You just don't get it. Which is fine, but don't presume those that serve don't know what that could entail.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: windword

didn't say any thing about free speech,or but since you brought it up.
both kelly and trump both have that right to. and they have the right to give you apiece of their mind.

from listening to both men, i would dare say they would tear you a new one in their response to you.
even as dumb as trump is.

What makes you think I couldn't tear them a new one? It's only free speech, right? One thing I know for sure, Trump and Kelly do not own the moral high ground over me!

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

That maybe true, but if (not when) you are one of the officers sent to the door to notify his parents of his death, is what you're going to tell them, that he had no expectation of survival?

edit on 19-10-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

What makes you think I couldn't tear them a new one?

from reading your posts here, your out classed even by trump's standards

+16 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

You don't even like America.

I mean, that's the impression I've gotten from your posts.

Why are you even supporting anything American?

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Wilson if trash. A snake.

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

General Kelly just dressed the Representative down in a way only a Military Man could. Hearing it from him like that still doesn't sway the Trump haters. The Representative just "happened" to be in the car and on speakerphone. Nice......

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

a reply to: DBCowboy

No, general Kelly doesn't believe that any "patriotic American" has the right to question the authority of the military hierarchy or the president's motives. He is projecting military demand for blind obedience onto the American people.

LOL!

You stepped in it so bad, now you are pretending you can read minds????? A patriotic American who understands the Constitution, you know that ancient piece of paper you Progs want destroyed, KNOWS that questioning the government IS PARAMOUNT to our Freedom and Liberty!

I know, it's a hard concept for Totalitarians to grasp......

No mind reading required. This is an except from a speech Gen Kelly made 4 days after his son's death, speaking about those who "support the troops, but not the Iraq war".

"Their struggle is your struggle," Kelly said, according to a video of his remarks.

"They disdain those who claim to support them but not the cause that takes their innocence, their limbs, and their lives. As a democracy … we must support them. I know it doesn't apply to anyone in this room today, but if anyone thinks you can somehow thank them for their service, and not support the cause for which they fight–our country–then these people are lying to themselves and rationalizing away something in their own lives, but, more importantly, they are slighting our warriors and mocking their commitment to this nation."

freebeacon.com...

Why are you using a right wing rag to support your argument? Guess it is fitting for the hole you have dug?

Sorry, but since the Viet Nam war, you Progs have shown your true colors as to how you feel towards our soldiers and it has gotten nothing more than worse since then! If it's your guy in office, you keep your mouths shut, when our men and women are sent to die, when it's the OTHER GUY in office you scream bloody murder.....

I would say, "Make up your minds."! However that is something people who live in a political biased bubble are incapable of comprehending......

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Kelly just lost the respect and moral authority that had been projected on him. He is exposed as the Trump lap dog that he is, prostrating himself before the media.

The real hate in the national political debate is clearly seen in you leftyites. Raging, fuming piles of demonic madness.

Edit to add that I had not seen a single post on this page and BAM!
edit on 19-10-2017 by Logarock because: n

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
He decimated her.
She then attacked him saying he was just afraid of losing his job.
Classy lady.

Frederica Wilson is against service people and veterans. To put it mildly, she is a NASTY woman.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Why are you using a right wing rag to support your argument? Guess it is fitting for the hole you have dug?

No, I'm using a verbatim quote from Kelly, that proves my point. No mind reading necessary. This is why the military combat generals were not meant to oversee civilian governmental issues.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Unfortunately this smear attempt was strong enough to entrench itself in the dung that some people call brains for long enough, that they will continue to fight for it despite its smell.

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

No, I'm using a verbatim quote from Kelly, that proves my point. No mind reading necessary. This is why the military combat generals were not meant to oversee civilian governmental issues.

So you just pissed that Kelly isn't a corrupt politician/lawyer? People in the military are not suitable for government office?

I am enjoying how you are moving the goal posts....please continue!

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

a reply to: pavil

That maybe true, but if (not when) you are one of the officers sent to the door to notify his parents of his death, is what you're going to tell them, that he had no expectation of survival?

You don't listen well I take it. Did you watch the video in the OP? Those contacts had been made. She was asked if she would accept the President's call. She must have said yes. Trump even asked Kelly for advice. Yes he doesn't seem the most emotional President, but he tried to help with the call. Nothing he says will ever bring their loved one back, but he still made the call.

I have a friend who is one of those officers. It's one of the hardest jobs you could ever imagine. He takes his duty extremely serious. He's lashed out at people who are flippant, ignorant or disrespectful to the soldier he is traveling with. He says everyone tries to help but all you can do is let them grieve at their own pace. I'll try to ask him what he normally says, but I'm sure he does it differently each time depending how they are reacting. The worst part is the Funeral homes trying to take advantage of the situation according to him.
edit on 19-10-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

This is why the military combat generals were not meant to oversee civilian governmental issues.

and yet, paradoxically, to reach the highest public offices in the land, having military service is highly desirable and somewhat of a pre-requisite for same. The alternative is to have non-military enlisted folks running the show - like Ol Dodgy and Mad Max who couldn't give 2 #s about military servicemen and women and US Ambassadors.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
Unfortunately this smear attempt was strong enough to entrench itself in the dung that some people call brains for long enough, that they will continue to fight for it despite its smell.

Love you're tone. This mess calls for it.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

I wish conservatives would see leaders like Congresswoman Frederica Wilson as an Asset...a GIFT. The more she displays HATE and STUPIDITY, the better!

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Wind you guys are off your rocker on this. I have more respect for Obama and would never ascribe this sort of color to him in a case like this.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join