It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WH Chief of Staff Kelly rips apart Congresswoman Rep. Frederica Wilson at Press Conference

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: Phage

Did the wife say she was offended? Was she interviewed? Not sure I caught that.

Offended? No. In fact, she says...

She described herself as a Democrat who does not "do politics." As a father himself, she said, Trump appeared to understand the magnitude of her loss.

"It became nothing about politics, but a person who understood, and that is what he gave to us."

SOURCE: www.cnn.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Wrong widow.

But to answer the question applied to me, I have not heard what, if anything, the widow of La David Johnson has said. Just his mother.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock
a reply to: matafuchs

This is a hate thread. We shouldn't be talking about Wilson like this shes a black "congress woman" and wow to say anything counter to her GD opinion is just racist gold.

You best get in line white boy forin that whip starts to crack on your back.

This sorry excuse for a human being, let alone a U.S. Congresswoman, is receiving an increasing number of THREATS against her well-being.

Story - miami.cbslocal.com...

I wonder if the Feds gave this guy in Chicago an award, for rounding up a Frederica Wilson lynching crew?

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I don't want to get into any more arguments with anyone so I'm just going to report what I found in research and TRY to add no commentary.

Myeshia - the wife of fallen Sgt. David Johnson - has not personally spoken about it according to any source I can find. However, the aunt who raised Sgt. Johnson (is called his "mother" in most articles) said SHE heard it and that it upset Myeshia.

Come to find out, Congresswoman Wilson was in the limo with the aunt/mother, her husband, and Myeshia when the President called. They did not let him know who was in the car. Thus, it does not appear - as some have contended in this thread - that the President knew he was making the call "in front of" Ms. Wilson. The facts about who was in what car when the call was made/overheard are here: ARTICLE

Many spouses of military killed-in-action are coming out in defense of such a statement with the gist being that the soldiers and their families do "know what they signed up for" and while loss of life is tragic, it is a reality they know, live with, and accept proudly as a duty of their job.

Alternately, many people in general, are saying it's not the statement itself that is a problem but rather that the President "lied" about saying it.

Others are saying he didn't lie, but that he said he "did not say it" the way - or with the exact words - Ms. Wilson reported.

edit on 20-10-2017 by nicevillegrl because: Fix link

edit on 20-10-2017 by nicevillegrl because: because it's late and my sentence didn't make sense

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   

I wonder if the Feds gave this guy in Chicago an award, for rounding up a Frederica Wilson lynching crew?

You think threats of violence are a good thing?
edit on 10/20/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Exclusive: Pentagon Document Contradicts Trump’s Gold Star Claims

In the hours after President Donald Trump said on an Oct. 17 radio broadcast that he had contacted nearly every family that had lost a military servicemember this year, the White House was hustling to learn from the Pentagon the identities and contact information for those families, according to an internal Defense Department email.

The email exchange, which has not been previously reported, shows that senior White House aides were aware on the day the president made the statement that it was not accurate — but that they should try to make it accurate as soon as possible, given the gathering controversy.

Not only had the president not contacted virtually all the families of military personnel killed this year, the White House did not even have an up-to-date list of those who had been killed.

Really unbelievable how the White House staff, including John Kelly, have to scramble to cover for Trump... And sullying their own reputations in the process.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Wrong widow.

But to answer the question applied to me, I have not heard what, if anything, the widow of La David Johnson has said. Just his mother.

I'm confident that President Trump demonstrates empathy during every phone call to families of fallen soldiers.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: nicevillegrl

Others are saying he didn't lie but said he did not say it the way - or with the exact words - Ms. Wilson reported.

Trump said it was "totally fabricated." Kelly seems to disagree.
Trump also said he has proof.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   

You think threats of violence are a good thing?

In certain cases..most definitely!

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   

In certain cases.
You mean when they come from rightists.

What a surprise. That First Amendment sucks. Doesn't it?

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   

In certain cases.
You mean when they come from rightists.

What a surprise. That First Amendment sucks. Doesn't it?

It's the TARGET of the threat that matters. Not the initiator.

link   

I did see that. Some of the staunchest defenders ARE arguing however, that "totally fabricated" referred to way it was presented to the public. For the record, I do think he is hurting himself further by arguing about it and I think he should just stop. And that's coming from a (moderate) conservative.

I did see ONE article that claims there is a transcript of the call but didn't mention it above because who knows if that is real until we see it. I was TRYING to just give the facts I found. And I DID find quite a lot of people defending his rebuttal as "truth" because the way Congresswoman Wilson reported it was a "fabricated narrative." (on Twitter mind you...)

However, even I can admit that is semantics and he just needs to let it go because the more he talks about it and argues about it, the more he's making it worse.

link   

You might want to review the law on that subject.

Yeah, the law sucks. Right?

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: nicevillegrl

In lieu of apologizing for allowing his efforts at condolence to be misunderstood. (Like that's going to happen)
Dropping it would have been a better approach.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   

You might want to review the law on that subject.

Yeah, the law sucks. Right?

What specific law are you referring to? I can't answer your question without more information. But, if you think it "sucks", I'll take that under advisement when reading the link you send.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: nicevillegrl
I did see that. Some of the staunchest defenders ARE arguing however, that "totally fabricated" referred to way it was presented to the public.

i saw that you prefer not to argue, so i will just express my frustration in general, not at you, that these kinds of allowances for imprecise language, being mistaken, and being uninformed are granted so freely to our current president.

i can't think of a single other instance where this lack of facility was cut so much slack or accepted at face value instead of being (perhaps quite rightly) called out as a deliberate attempt of an elected official to avoid taking any responsibility for their words.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462

originally posted by: dragonridr
a reply to: toolgal462

Im getting very disapointed with the party and where they are allowing individuals to drag it. It started with Bernie Sanders being destroyed by the party. From there its now ent in to lot of screaming and yelling to be heard while at the same time trying to stop others from doing the same.

I was a Bernie supporter. What the DNC did to him was the final straw. Many of us warned them we would never, under any circumstances vote for the criminal Hillary. I told them she would lose and it would be their own fault when we are stuck with President Trump.

That being said, now that he is President I just shake my head at their infantile and hateful behavior.

More and more true classic liberals feel exactly the way I do. I certainly cannot relate to today's Democrat party, that is for sure.

I know sadly i know i tried to warn people as well. They just told me i ws nuts for waisting my vote on bernie. But i cant with good conscience support the craziness we call the democrats. Problem is cantstand republicans either so not sure where i am any more

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: nicevillegrl

I did see that. Some of the staunchest defenders ARE arguing however, that "totally fabricated" referred to way it was presented to the public. For the record, I do think he is hurting himself further by arguing about it and I think he should just stop. And that's coming from a (moderate) conservative.

I did see ONE article that claims there is a transcript of the call but didn't mention it above because who knows if that is real until we see it. I was TRYING to just give the facts I found. And I DID find quite a lot of people defending his rebuttal as "truth" because the way Congresswoman Wilson reported it was a "fabricated narrative." (on Twitter mind you...)

However, even I can admit that is semantics and he just needs to let it go because the more he talks about it and argues about it, the more he's making it worse.

Oh it gets worse now there calling john kelly a racist. Because his comments this coudnt get crazier if you tried. How things are taken in a world where everyone is looking to be offended. I agree trumpf when he said totallyfabricated meant the scenario ofhim disrespeting her. B8t we havegotten so partisan that people are picking apart anything even a word.

This is the dumbest debate ever he called to offer his condolennces and either it was apropriateor he screwed up what diffrencedoesit reallymake?
edit on 10/21/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Oh it gets worse now there calling john kelly a racist

"They?"
Source?

edit on 10/21/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join