It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WH Chief of Staff Kelly rips apart Congresswoman Rep. Frederica Wilson at Press Conference

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

So if the congresswoman would have grabbed the phone the way she asked for would that have been ok?

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

People are different. There is a different mindset among the military and the "first responder type." They DO know what they are getting into and I have personally known two military wives who have received that call. We have discussed this very situation and the language used here and they said yes - that is what is said all the time and it makes sense when you are in that type of life.

You obviously don't understand that way of thinking. And that's ok. That's not a criticism. All my point was - and no I did NOT imply anything about rights, etc. - was that if you don't know the life, you can't possibly know what is offensive, etc. in those situations.

Do I think fireman feel the same way? Most likely, yes. It takes a special kind of person to do those jobs and again, they do know the risks and so do their partners. It's accepted. All my military-wive friends ALWAYS talked about how it felt knowing every time their husband left for a mission, he might not come home. That is THEM knowing there is that risk.

Again, all I was saying was you obviously don't have that mindset and thus, aren't in a position to JUDGE how she felt. Because everyone I know in that position - that I have spoken with - are befuddled as to why that was considered offensive.

The pregnancy analogy you made is ludicrous so I'm just going to let that one go...

ETA: If you don't doubt I would know these people, look at my screen name and look it up on a map. That should tell you I'm telling the truth.
edit on 20-10-2017 by nicevillegrl because: ETA

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Thank you. I try to be level-headed and I do understand (I believe) how you feel.

I do think we are getting to a point in the country where any time a group feels under-represented, it's going to be reflected politically. That's one reason why (aside from all the Killary crap, etc.) Hillary didn't win. I think the conservative side felt ignored for the past eight years so they were going to be the ones who claimed the election. And I do feel Obama was so far left that when the pendulum swung, it took some of the more moderate left with it and as such, it's now way right. (Like too "right" in many situations.)

I do worry too that we are so divided as a country. I wish there was a solution because I don't think that's going to be found at the top-down... think it's going to have to start at the ground-level - in the communities - and work its way up. The media is SURELY not helping that... So what are us more moderate folk to do - other than try to spread our moderacy (yes, made up word - LOL). That's what I try to do most of the time. I fall off the wagon every now and then but most of the time...

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

the constant easily checked lies - who does that??

and, constant belittling of others. I can't overlook all that, it's damn concerning to me.

some sort of warped mind play is what it is.

his tweets.. he brings it all on himself.
edit on 20-10-2017 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: nicevillegrl

Look, it worked for Kelly. It's what was said to him, a 4 Star General, when he lost his son in combat. So he thought it would work as well on civilians if Trump said it. He was wrong.

He's out of touch and doesn't get that the PR and finesse required of the White House Chief of Staff isn't the same as a no nonsense press release or speech from a 4 Star General in the military.

The pregnancy analogy you made is ludicrous so I'm just going to let that one go...

People risk their lives for their passion all the time. That doesn't mean it's appropriate to tell those grieving their loss that their loved one knew the risks, as some kind of condolence. Dying wasn't supposed to be the end game result!

edit on 20-10-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

the constant easily checked lies - who does that??

and, constant belittling of others. I can't overlook all that, it's damn concerning to me.

some sort of warped mind play is what it is.

his tweets.. he brings it all on himself.

I can't disagree but I will point out that there is a bias in virtually all media world wide.

"Just the facts ma'am" is too boring to sell ads. They all exaggerate, conflate, and excoriate.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Better:

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

We'll agree to disagree ... a little bit. (Both are great.)

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

This is the last I am going to say about it. For people in that position - who I spoken with about this very issue and who live the life - it WAS an appropriate condolence. Stating that their loved one knew the risks but did it anyway, is the biggest compliment they could get. I am taking my "opinion" from people who have been in that very position and so we will just have to agree to disagree.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Justoneman

If you keep on telling yourself stuff like that, you are going to be in for a big surprise.

The Matrix has you.

Neo........

I see the command strings.......

/sarc

Waking up is a big surprise.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

There you go again with your "logical fallacy" of authority!

Well, I do agree to disagree, as well as do several others, who do currently and have "lived the life" and been in that very position, who also have posted their disapproval, shock and distain at the President's comments to the widow too.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Wife and mother have said they were offended by the president's statements.
Does the president apologize? Nope. Does the president leave it alone? Nope.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Right. But, apparently, they don't count because they have been influenced by that evil congresswomen!

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Excellent article from The Hill covering many of our points here ...

General Kelly Has Been Hacked by the President

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

My issue is that any one thing with Trump would hardly be significant ... but the man has had multiple lies, faux pas, ignorant statements, foolish/childish stunts virtually every day of his Presidency.

After a while, it takes it's toll. Like the straw breaking the camel's back.

I agree its his tweets he put zero thought into what he says. He has yet to realize tweeting as an average American and the president are different. So we get all these stupid tweets where he says outrageous things then that sends off the media on this rant or that one. Ive almost come to the conclusion he does it on purpose. But if this fool continues his polls will drop as more and more realize hes a fool.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

There you go again with your "logical fallacy" of authority!

Well, I do agree to disagree, as well as do several others, who do currently and have "lived the life" and been in that very position, who also have posted their disapproval, shock and distain at the President's comments to the widow too.

Do you have a transcript or audio we can listen to? You seem to know what was said could you please inform the rest of us? Since im assuming you werent there in the limo or the white house you must have audio right? You nor i have no idea what was said so we cant know if what he said was appropriate. What we doknow is a congresswoman has politicized a soldiers death in her ongoing effort to destroy Trump. Even if Trump screwed up handling the most difficult call anyone could make this was not an issue she should have ran to the press with. The only thing i see that Trump did wrong that we can prove (AT LEAST UNTIL WE GET YOUR RECORDING) is Trump should have said im sorry if she ws offended that was not my intention. And at that point this should have ended.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

What does my post, that you've quoted, have to do with transcripts of the conversation between Trump and Johnson?

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr
Didn't Trump say that he didn't say what Wilson said he said?

Democrat Congresswoman totally fabricated what I said to the wife of a soldier who died in action (and I have proof). Sad!

Didn't Kelly say that Trump did say it?

Kelly said he encouraged Trump to echo words Gen. Joseph Dunford offered to Kelly when his own son was killed in Afghanistan.

"He was doing exactly what he wanted to do when he was killed. He knew what he was getting into by joining that 1%. He knew what the possibilities were because we were at war,"

www.cnn.com...

Trump lies some more? Or was it Kelly? Remember, Trump has proof.

edit on 10/20/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
"A Generation taught to hate the country, will refuse to defend it as well. Let that sink in."

Fred.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: fredrodgers1960

You think Trump is causing people to hate this country?
Is that your point?

new topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join