It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WH Chief of Staff Kelly rips apart Congresswoman Rep. Frederica Wilson at Press Conference

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I watched Kelly live. The man has my complete respect, and my admiration for his courage. One thing that stood out to me was that he initially advised Trump not to make the call. Anyone interested in himself would have taken that advice... no drama, no twitter war, no piece of slime in a show-off hat stirring up more pain for the family. But Trump apparently felt such compassion for the family that he tried to lessen their pain.

Of course, he couldn't... no one can. But at least he tried.

It amazes me how many don't have that much compassion toward even our greatest heroes... and many of those don't even have the compassion to leave the situation alone, preferring instead to make it worse. That is the ultimate form of sadism.

a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Where i come from that is what is known as a "private phone call" and you excuse yourself.

If I had a dime for every time someone I was with took a phone call, and I completely tuned them out... many of those times they would say something like "you heard me say..." and I would have to respond, "No. I didn't. i don't listen to others' phone calls."

It's called "common courtesy," although it seems to be much less than common today.

The fact that it was put on speaker makes me question the motives of everyone in that car. I mean...maybe that is the kind of thing people do...but not people I know.

Considering the entity in question (I cannot bring myself to call it anything resembling human, and do not wish to degrade any animals) has spent all of its time since stirring up attention on itself, I wonder if it didn't put the call on speakerphone itself.

There is no, none, zero conscience, empathy, or compassion inside it. I can't say this about many, but should I ever meet it, I doubt I could stop myself from spitting in its face. Not that it deserves my spittle, but I guess a little more honor than it deserves can't be all bad.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

So why isn't trump calling this lady back and saying I'm sorry I didn't mean it the way it sounded.
Like a reall man.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

After this family politicized the first attempt, you would be glutton enough for punishment to stick your hand back into the box full of bobcats?

So now it's whole family, and they're bobcats? Great! I edited by previous post to include a video of a widow sharing her on speaker condolence call with trump on tube. Oh! The sacrilege!

I likely won't watch it.

Attention seeking on the death of a loved one is pretty terrible.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
What a dumbass comment from an apparently thirsty woman wearing ugly hats. Really, with everything going on in this country do we need another black unknown congresswoman using a madeup story to perpetuate Trump hate and steal the MSM's attention? Ug.

What does her skin color have to do with it?

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: matafuchs

People who have never served don't really understand.

General Kelly understands, even if Trump doesn't.

To gain mileage and political points over the death of a soldier is disgusting.

Because that isn't what Trump was doing by making the phone call in the first place... right?

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Regnor

I'd like to see someone ask Kelly about this:

I just went and watched the video the paper posted. It's by no means certain it's complete, since it starts with her already at the podium talking, but in the video she doesn't say any of what Kelly characterized. She does make a few self-serving comments, which pretty much all politicians do, so perhaps that's what he had a problem with and misremembered the details. A number of people spoke that day, and it's likely someone brought up how the building was funded. Seeing as how he's not a verified liar like this woman is, I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. I admit that's just my supposition, but again, if he was lying, I denounce that too.

The most interesting part I think is around 4:50, where she says "Most men and women in law enforcement leave their homes for work knowing there is a possibility they may not return." Sounds a lot like they know what they signed up for. The idea that she found that sentiment reprehensible when it came from Trump sounds very dishonest indeed, given that context. She's a phony top to bottom.
edit on 20 10 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

Edit: After I linked the youtube video, it was removed for some reason. Here's a link to the article in question, which contains the video.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

That's pretty much all out in the open. She knows that's not how he meant it. If he calls, you'll just claim he didn't mean the apology either.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: VoxVirtus

No. It wasn't.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Three presidents and 16 years hasn't worked either. Our country chose to fight terror over there. Bombs have not stopped terror.

You can't stop terror, no matter what you attempt, especially by in so attempting to eradicate it you create terror.

The last 16 years have proved that.

Didn't learn a damn lesson from Vietnam.

How'd that work out?

Yes, we deserve the draft.

We deserve a large occupying force (boots on the ground) in each country where there are terrorists? We deserve more people forced to enlist, fight, and more soldier deaths?

No, we do not deserve that, nor do we deserve the draft.

But this is OT.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Upon watching that video and doing some research, Debbie Wasserman Schultz was involved with getting the funding together for that building and she was present at the dedication. It's entirely possible she spoke at some point. So perhaps she is who Kelly was referencing when he relayed that story about "a congresswoman" taking credit for getting the funding. Note he didn't say "this congresswoman" and didn't specifically reference Wilson when he was telling that story. Perhaps he was just relaying another example of a member of congress utilizing the deaths of someone in service to the nation to advance their image. This is of course, all my speculation, and I won't pretend it's fact. Seems rather believable to me, since DWS has demonstrated herself to be a person of ill character.

I'd like to see him clarify the issue and see if that's what he really meant. If he just made up that story about Wilson, I absolutely won't defend that.

Edit: The press secretary said Kelly was talking about comments from Wilson that weren't on that video. So who knows? I doubt those 9 minutes were the only time she said anything the whole day.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Edit: No need for a 2nd post.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Well I learned something new today.

edit on 20-10-2017 by RogueWaterC1 because: typo

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Hey I finally agree with you.
Since he's never apologized for a god damned thing in his life, I probably would doubt his sincerity.
Since he's deceitful in everything of course any right minded person would.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

How do we know he did not? I am sure that would not be reported.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Is there really a recording? Haven't seen that anywhere or even heard it suggested.
Someone said there might be a Whitehouse transcript but Sarah Sanders says there is not.
Is it verified? People can fake voices. Las Vegas is full of impersonators.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Hey I finally agree with you.
Since he's never apologized for a god damned thing in his life, I probably would doubt his sincerity.
Since he's deceitful in everything of course any right minded person would.

He apologized for what he said on the Access Hollywood tape. He also apologized for sometimes going over the line when he responds to criticism, saying he doesn't always choose his words carefully enough. It is rare, I'll grant you that.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

Perhaps when asked for details about what happened trump should have answered THAT instead of deflecting to what other presidents ( Obama) did or did not do in conveying condolences to gold star families. Hmmmm?
The school yard chant of "He started it" has never been truer.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: windword
Not sure where you are going with this video. B/c it's not the same call the congresswoman over heard.
Here is a quote from the article.

"The widow of an Army staff sergeant who was killed in Afghanistan earlier this year shared her call with President Trump days after her husband's death with The Washington Post."(1)

This far into the thread we all have read post, after post,with your opinions on the situation. Which are of little value when compared to the widow's opinion in the video.

"Natasha De Alencar, the widow of Army Staff Sgt. Mark De Alencar, who was killed in a firefight in Afghanistan in April, described her conversation with Trump as a "moment of niceness" during an otherwise turbulent and heart-wrenching time."(1)

Source:
(1)-(thehill.com...)

edit on 20-10-2017 by RogueWaterC1 because: typo

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

They're still gathering info. I'd rather them wait til they can give us an accurate assessment instead of just blaming it on a youtube video or something.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join