It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WH Chief of Staff Kelly rips apart Congresswoman Rep. Frederica Wilson at Press Conference

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

what do you think about the LIE that the congresswoman was secretly listening in on a personal call according to trump and Kelley.

maybe you can explain how one SECRETELY listens in on a call THAT'S ON SPEAKER. LOL

that is an example of a lie.

here's an example of an opinion - trump is an embarrassment.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Wilson runs to the media after listening in on a sensitive private conversation and now Kelly is a racist bigot?

Can you not see the media is creating outrage and politicizing the death of soldiers? It's all a set up

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

You said she "stooped" low. I say, Trump's bar is a low as sewer rats. Compared to Trump's sewer rat posturing, Wilson soars like an eagle.

You can compare 2 turds all day long if you want. In the end they are both still turds. So why bother?

Are you trying to say that since Trump is a terrible person it gives license to everyone else to be just a little less terrible, and its all OK? Is Trump the new barometer for decency? If you dislike him so much, why allow him to lower the bar for everyone else?

That just doesn't make any sense.

Legally, maybe, but in matter of Public Relations. If someone perceives a communication as disrespectful, that's all that matter. Intent is irrelevant.

Perhaps. But since when has Trump ever concerned himself with being PC, or executing traditional public relations?

And you exepct him to start now?

Just curious, do you get angry at snakes who bite? I mean...that is what snakes do, right? Why would you be angry about a person meeting expectations?

No. I'm saying it because I have eyes, ears and a mind of my own to evaluate information. Trump violated what should have been an honorable and sacred moment of sympathy and compassion from the Commander in Chief. Kelly attacked the character of, and blamed Trump's ineptitude on Congresswoman Wilson.

Congresswomen Wilson told us the truth, Trump lied. Kelly is mad because his boss looks like the moron that he is.

Trump made a private phone call to someone. The congresswoman eavesdropped on the call and violated the sacred moment of sympathy. Were it not for her eavesdropping on a call that she was not the intended recipient of, then no one would have ever heard of this story.

And that is what it all boils down to: that were this political rival not present, nothing would have ever been brought up.

You are asking me to look at the splinter in Trumps eye, when this lady has a 2x4 in hers. And you are asking me to take your word on motives that you couldn't possibly know.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

WHAT??

how in the hell do you eavesdrop on a conversation that's on speaker phone in a car, ffs???????????????????????????

edit on 20-10-2017 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Justoneman

If you keep on telling yourself stuff like that, you are going to be in for a big surprise.

The Matrix has you.

Neo........

I see the command strings.......

/sarc

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

what do you think about the LIE that the congresswoman was secretly listening in on a personal call according to trump and Kelley.

maybe you can explain how one SECRETELY listens in on a call THAT'S ON SPEAKER. LOL

that is an example of a lie.

here's an example of an opinion - trump is an embarrassment.

I think if that's a lie that's wrong too. I think it's possible Kelly simply didn't know the circumstances of how she listened in on the call. After all, he's a middle-aged man, he remembers times when people would run in the other room to listen to a private call on landlines. If he just made that assumption and that's not what happened, he should clarify that.

On the other hand, there's zero chance that woman actually believes calling her an "empty barrel" is a racist comment. She doesn't actually believe that, and neither does anyone else. That's a blatant lie.

My question would be how did the call wind up on speaker. Were there other family members present who wanted to hear it, or did Wilson suggest putting it on speaker so she could hear. Has that been revealed?
edit on 20 10 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Liquesence

It doesn't seem fair for 1% of the population to carry that burden. The terrorists are in several countries now.

link   

That the President is authorized to use all necessary and appropriate force against those nations, organizations, or persons he determines planned, authorized, committed, or aided the terrorist attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001, or harbored such organizations or persons, in order to prevent any future acts of international terrorism against the United States by such nations, organizations or persons.

The US is not at war, nor has it declared war on any nation, since 911. It is involved in intervention operations, authorized in the name and spirit of 911 retaliation. Even the "Gulf War" and the Iraq War" were pretexts for "The war on terror" and were considered "protracted armed conflicts", not "wars".

The War on Terror (WoT), also known as the Global War on Terrorism (GWOT), is a metaphor of war referring to the international military campaign that was launched by the U.S. government after the September 11 attacks in the U.S. in 2001.[49] U.S. president George W. Bush first used the term "war on terrorism" on 16 September 2001
en.wikipedia.org...

Only Congress, not the President, has the power to declare war. Armed conflicts are not wars.

Article I, Section 8, Clause 11 of the United States Constitution, sometimes referred to as the War Powers Clause, vests in the Congress the power to declare war, in the following wording:
[The Congress shall have Power...] To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water

edit on 20-10-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

Wilson runs to the media after listening in on a sensitive private conversation and now Kelly is a racist bigot?

False. The media ran to Wilson as she exited the limo, after Trump ran to the media to notified them that he was going to make a call to the widow while they were enroute to receive her husbands remains, for some positive reporting that backfired on him, bigly.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: Liquesence

It doesn't seem fair for 1% of the population to carry that burden. The terrorists are in several countries now.

Those currently serving are volunteers. It doesn't seem fair to force people to put their lives on the line.

Are you saying we need boots on the ground in all the countries where there currently are "terrorists?"
edit on 20-10-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

That the President is authorized to use all necessary and appropriate force against those nations, organizations, or persons he determines planned, authorized, committed, or aided the terrorist attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001, or harbored such organizations or persons, in order to prevent any future acts of international terrorism against the United States by such nations, organizations or persons.

The US is not at war, nor has it declared war on any nation, since 911. It is involved in intervention operations, authorized in the name and spirit of 911 retaliation. Even the "Gulf War" and the Iraq War" were pretexts for "The war on terror and were considered "protracted armed conflicts", not "wars".

The War on Terror (WoT), also known as the Global War on Terrorism (GWOT), is a metaphor of war referring to the international military campaign that was launched by the U.S. government after the September 11 attacks in the U.S. in 2001.[49] U.S. president George W. Bush first used the term "war on terrorism" on 16 September 2001
en.wikipedia.org...

Only Congress, not the President, has the power to declare war. Armed conflicts are not wars.

Article I, Section 8, Clause 11 of the United States Constitution, sometimes referred to as the War Powers Clause, vests in the Congress the power to declare war, in the following wording:
[The Congress shall have Power...] To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water

The idea that the War on Terror is a "metaphor of war" is from a NYT Opinion piece. So that's meaningless. Again, I've never denied the act was originally written after 9/11. It is still applicable today and that's how it's being applied, is to prosecute the war on terror. That's specifically what we were doing in Niger. This is all established fact. It is a declared war, it is a war. It's not subject to your interpretation nor the interpretation of an opinion column at the New York Times. The President did not declare war, Congress did. I linked you to the evidence.

Now, for the last time, STOP POSTING LIES. That's still against the T&C as far as I know.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Quote Face23785

"We're not at war with Niger. We're at war with terror, and it's authorized by Congress. That is that. I'll thank you in advance to stick to the truth from now on."

Terror is not a nation, Niger is a nation. When did Congress declare war on Niger.

"A declaration of war is a formal declaration issued by a national government indicating that a state of war exists between that nation and another. " From wiki

"Official Declarations of War by Congress
The Constitution grants Congress the sole power to declare war. Congress has declared war on 11 occasions, including its first declaration of war with Great Britain in 1812. Congress approved its last formal declaration of war during World War II. Since that time it has agreed to resolutions authorizing the use of military force and continues to shape U.S. military policy through appropriations and oversight."
www.senate.gov...
edit on 20-10-2017 by MOMof3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Trumptards are working way too hard to try to prove to the world that the swamp is being drained.

Here we all thought you guys where winning or something, must not be has great as you guys keep on telling yourself.

Waaaaa they said a bad word about trump, waaaaa its un amuricain, dammit.

Enjoy more fails, its pretty awesome.
edit on 20-10-2017 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

You can compare 2 turds all day long if you want. In the end they are both still turds. So why bother?

You're the one that considers both players to be turds, not me. I compared Wilson to an eagle and Trump and his minions to sewer rats.

Trump made a private phone call to someone. The congresswoman eavesdropped on the call and violated the sacred moment of sympathy.

It's not eavesdropping when one invited into the space, and the call is on speaker. She didn't violate anything. She was a witness. Trump would have been fine if Wilson had said something positive, and we all know it! Besides, it was trump who violated the "sacred" moment, not knowing "the guy's" name and never considering the widow and her family's grief.

And that is what it all boils down to: that were this political rival not present, nothing would have ever been brought up.

She wasn't a political rival of the people that invited her to attend, she was a close family friend. when this was all arranged and she was invited, they probably didn't even know to expect the president's phone call. For all you know, the whole family are Democrats who voted for Obama, and would be considered political rivals by Trump. More than half the nation are Trump's political rivals.

You are asking me to look at the splinter in Trumps eye, when this lady has a 2x4 in hers.

There is no evidence to the 2X4 in Wilson's eye. One the other hand, Trump has displayed his willingness to stoop ever lower, and demonstrate his truth challenged deficiencies and callous lack of empathy plenty of times!

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

i'm pretty sure the person who set up the call put it on speaker.

and, that wasn't the congresswoman.

also, trump flat out lied about what he said and accused a congresswoman of lying, even said he had proof. of course, Kelley blew that lie out of the water.

like I said trump deflects, can't apologize - he's a weak weak man.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

a reply to: matafuchs

I'd that to happen too! I'd give Kelly a piece of mind, and Trump too!

Kelly, just basically proved Trump a liar. He said that he advised Trump to say "He knew what he signed up for.....", which is what Wilson said that he said, while Trump doubled down on the lie that he didn't say it and that Wilson was lying!

He said he didn't only say "He knew what he signed up for".

And the woman in question has even come out to say that the call was heartfelt.

Stop lying and stop being butthurt. Good f****** lord.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Now, for the last time, STOP POSTING LIES. That's still against the T&C as far as I know.

Says a lying liar defending liars' lies.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

I never said that.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
Quote Fence

"We're not at war with Niger. We're at war with terror, and it's authorized by Congress. That is that. I'll thank you in advance to stick to the truth from now on."

Terror is not a nation, Niger is a nation. When did Congress declare war on Niger.

"A declaration of war is a formal declaration issued by a national government indicating that a state of war exists between that nation and another. " From wiki

"Official Declarations of War by Congress
The Constitution grants Congress the sole power to declare war. Congress has declared war on 11 occasions, including its first declaration of war with Great Britain in 1812. Congress approved its last formal declaration of war during World War II. Since that time it has agreed to resolutions authorizing the use of military force and continues to shape U.S. military policy through appropriations and oversight."
www.senate.gov...

This is speifically why it's called an Authorization for Use of Military Force instead of a Declaration of War. It's a difference in legal terms. In this case it amounts to nothing more than semantics. What we are doing is, in fact, war, and it is authorized and funded by Congress, as required by the WAR POWERS Act. This is a similar reason why people claim there was no Iraq War, because it was declared at the UN instead of in a session of Congress. It was still approved, authorized, and funded by Congress.

If it makes you feel better I'll refrain from using the term "declared". I'll stick with "authorized", and you can pretend it's not war, when it is. There's been no formal "Declaration of War", that's correct.
edit on 20 10 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
A Goldstar Widow who lost her husband in April in Afghanistan has released the call that Trump made to her in April.

Partial Transcript

I am so sorry to hear about the whole situation. What a horrible thing, except that he’s an unbelievable hero,” Trump told her in the call about her husband Army Staff Sgt. Mark R. De Alencar, which The Washington Post released.

“Thank you. I really, really appreciated it,” she said. “I really do, sir.”

“If you’re around Washington, you come over and see me in the Oval Office,” he said. “You just come over and see me because you are just the kind of family … this is what we want.”

“Say hello to your children, and tell them your father he was a great hero that I respected,” Trump said. “Just tell them I said your father was a great hero.”

Video of entire call

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join