It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WH Chief of Staff Kelly rips apart Congresswoman Rep. Frederica Wilson at Press Conference

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: face23785

Don't tell me what to say or think. I still stand by my opinion. We need more troops to look out for one another. Because we are fighting for nothing except to enrich private military contractors.

I'll tell you to stick to the truth. You keep posting nonsense. Call a mod if you have a problem with your nonsense being corrected.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

This congresswoman is deliberately lying to people, she's not just mistaken.

What did Congresswoman Wilson say that was a lie?

She said that Kelly was just trying to keep his job. That's a lie, and she knows it. She also suggested this morning that his "empty barrel" comment was racist. That's a lie, and she knows it. She's deliberately lying. She is scum, and you're supporting it.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

When did Congress declare war on Terror?

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

When did Congress declare war on Terror?

From the 2001 AUMF:

SEC. 2. AUTHORIZATION FOR USE OF UNITED STATES ARMED FORCES.
(a) IN GENERAL.—That the President is authorized to use all necessary and appropriate force against those nations, organizations, or persons he determines planned, authorized, committed, or aided the terrorist attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001, or harbored such organizations or persons, in order to prevent any future acts of international terrorism against the United States by such nations, organizations or persons.
(b) WAR POWERS RESOLUTION REQUIREMENTS.—
(1) SPECIFIC STATUTORY AUTHORIZATION.—Consistent with section 8(a)(1) of the War Powers Resolution, the Congress declares that this section is intended to constitute specific statutory authorization within the meaning of section 5(b) of the War Powers Resolution.

Just because a Congressman didn't stand up and say the exact words "We declare war on terror" doesn't mean they didn't declare war on terror. That's specifically what they authorized in that AUMF.

Stop claiming the war on terror is unauthorized. Up til now you could've just been misinformed. Now you've been corrected, so if you continue to claim this, you are purposefully posting lies.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
If she wants to dress like a rodeo clown or rhinestone cowgirl, the empty barrel analogy sort of fits. That's not what Kelly meant by it, but it fits. Her color has nothing to do with it.

But dems will manage to pick apart words or phrases to twist the agenda and play the race card. Her reaction to Kelly's statement was to laugh giddily and say how famous she is now and everyone in the WH is talking about her and she's a rock star. So sickening. Her 15 minutes should be over by end of today. I don't think this racism claim is going to hold up. Not even close. She's reaching....but will fall flat on her fake asss nose.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   

that's rich! sounds more like opinions to me.

but, trump lying is ok. LOLOLOL

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

If you disagree with the woman, that's fine. But opinions aren't facts, so they aren't lies. You can't argue with perception.

And, Kelly is acting like a racist, bigoted misogynistic pig, who's groveling before his boss, because it's job, in my opinion.

I agree with Lawrence O'Donnell's opinion.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

You just cited what I originally claimed, that these Oval Office powers are derived from 911 rationale.

Congress has not declared war on Terror. We are not "at war". That is that!

edit on 20-10-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

No they're lies. She knows Kelly doesn't need that job and she knows that comment had nothing to do with race. Sorry, she's deliberately lying and you know it.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

You just cited what I originally claimed, that these Oval Office powers are derived from 911 rationale.

Congress has not declared war on Terror. We are not "at war". That is that!

These operation are not based in the protection of American's rights. They're fighting for corporate dollars and bottom lines.

They're originally derived from that yes, I never denied that. However, that doesn't mean the current actions are improper, illegal, undeclared or whatever term you need to use to try to twist the truth. The truth is Congress authorized these military actions, using specifically the term "all necessary and appropriate force". If you want to pretend that isn't a war, that's your business. But the reality is it's war, and it was authorized by Congress. And these operations in Niger were not fighting for corporate dollars, that's a childish fairy tale.

Don't post lies, please.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   

My opinion is valid and harmless.

You accept being lied to every day by political leaders who start wars.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Your opinion is invalid if it's based on nonsense, which yours clearly is. Terror is real, and that's what we're fighting. Maybe in your bubble everything is fine, but the world is a dangerous place.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

If you disagree with the woman, that's fine. But opinions aren't facts, so they aren't lies. You can't argue with perception.

And, Kelly is acting like a racist, bigoted misogynistic pig, who's groveling before his boss, because it's job, in my opinion.

I agree with Lawrence O'Donnell's opinion.

So, opinions are not facts but you agree with someones opinion because it matches yours? So, you do not believe facts according to your logic. You think having an opinion is not lying?

Well, just knowing you believe in MSNBC is enough.....

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

If we are fighting terrorist, that proves my statement, it is perpetual war. By their own words, til we are destroyed. We need the draft. It should be everybody's war. And declared by congress.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Look. Stop putting words in my mouth and projecting judgement on me for what I never said!

Congress declares war, not the President. We are NOT at war. Period! Not with ISIS, not with Islam, not with Terror!

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I think you have a real problem with words and their meanings.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Thread title click bait. He didnt "rip apart" anyone or anything. Such hyperbole. He voiced simple frustration, nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

If we are fighting terrorist, that proves my statement, it is perpetual war. By their own words, til we are destroyed. We need the draft. It should be everybody's war. And declared by congress.

It actually doesn't prove your point. It was declared by congress, as I already proved to windword. Please read the last 2 pages. It is everybody's war, which is actually what we were doing in Niger was helping them. I highly encourage you to watch General Kelly's entire press briefing:

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

We absolutely are at war. I proved that to you, with a government document, authorized by Congress.

Don't post lies. I realize that makes it hard to push your false narrative, but try ok? Don't post lies. Start with just going an hour. Then try to make it a day. One step at a time. All habits can be kicked. I know you can embrace truth, you simply must have the will to do so.

Edit: They specifically cited the War Powers act in the authorization, which specifically requires Congress to sign off on wars. That's what the AUMF did. You're clinging to some fairy tale that because they didn't call it a "Declaration of War" that it isn't one. If I call you an asshole, is that not insulting as long as I don't specifically declare it an insult? You know that's bogus, you know your logic is flawed, and you know you're wrong at this point you're just too arrogant to admit it.
edit on 20 10 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

We need the draft.

No, we don't.

If we are fighting terrorist, that proves my statement, it is perpetual war.

Then people will be perpetually drafted. No.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join