It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WH Chief of Staff Kelly rips apart Congresswoman Rep. Frederica Wilson at Press Conference

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
How is calling that "rockstar" rodeo clown, congresswoman and "empty barrel" RACIST, again?

I haven't come across that term in my White Supremacist's handbook.

It's not, they just have no substance behind their position, so they have to make # up and pretend racism is involved. If they had a leg to stand on, they wouldn't need to lie.

At this point, they know they're in the wrong, but they don't see an out.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

I don't know....ask John McCain. it is actually none of our business. It is a military NOT a civilian matter since you want to split the two. Operational information should not be made public.

As far as Trump lying, again, you are making # up. This is what really happened. Maybe you and big hat should get together for a drink and make up some more lies....

But Wright said Mr. Trump was cordial, and listened as he talked. "He offered his condolences ... and then I talked for probably, it was a 20-minute phone call, and I probably talked for 17 minutes of it," Wright said.

"I talked about Dustin and I told him he needed to be aware that if he has teams in country they need air support...he was not aware of that situation," Wright added.

Mr. Trump, according to Wright, said he would look into the issue of air support. Wright also said he told Mr. Trump about a colonel who told him his son had air support on hand.

"I shook his hand, when I shook his hand I looked him in the eye and I said, 'Did my young'un have air support?' And he said, 'Yes,' and that was a lie," Wright claimed, adding that he saw on the news two hours later that the troops did not have air support.

Wright couldn't recall the colonel's name. But he said he is "confident" that as soon as he got off the phone with Mr. Trump, the president asked someone to determine what happened in Niger, and why the team did not have air support at the time.

www.cbsnews.com...

You see, what I am reading is that a colonel said that to the father and the father was confident when the call was done Trump was on it.

FAKE NEWS WINDWORD....

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

What I find hysterical is she said she 'looked it up in the dictionary' and determined it was a racist remark. First, these words are not 'together' in the dictionary. it is not in there as an adjective like 'empty-handed'. She is an idiot and what is worse is the media now trying to condemn Mr Kelly for his remarks. If nothing else sticks call out the race card!

She must have been using the special Congressional Black Caucus Dictionary of terms....

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
"Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
The Fake News is going crazy with wacky Congresswoman Wilson(D), who was SECRETLY on a very personal call, and gave a total lie on content!
10:53 PM · Oct 19, 2017"

our president is a real class act.

how was she secretly on a personal call if the call was on speaker?

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs
a reply to: face23785

There is no "probably" or "perception" about the fact that Kelly, himself, said that he told Trump NOT to make the call.

edit on 20-10-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

That's the strategy. Congress, the people's representatives have shunned their war powers. No check for the president and Pentagon. Now ISIS s luring us to isolated areas for ambush. We need a big military force to spread our tentacles so far and wide.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

True. None of these actions are related to any kind of Congressionally "declared war". All these operations done through temporary powers granted the Oval Office in the name and spirit of 911 vengeance.

edit on 20-10-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

That's not the strategy. Please don't make # up. If you can't stick to reality, be prepared to have your baseless comments challenged.

Also, we've been in Africa for years. ISIS didn't "lure" us there recently. Our force levels there are small, in a supporting role. Gen Kelly actually had to explain that to the press. It's no surprise you're uninformed, because the people who are supposed to keep you informed don't know what they're talking about most of the time.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

True. None of these actions are related to any kind of Congressionally "declared war". All these operations done through temporary powers granted the Oval Office in the name and spirit of 911 vengeance.

False. Congress is perfectly fine with it, since they have reauthorized it on several occasions and continue to fund it.

Can you get anything right?

Edit: "reauthorized" isn't technically correct. Congress has affirmed the authorization in several laws passed since, and continue to fund it. There's nothing illegal or improper going on.
edit on 20 10 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Oh please. Congresswoman Wilson soars like an eagle compared to Trump and his team of sewer rats and their authoritarian tactics.

I am not comparing the two of them...so why mention this?

Is she such a terrible person that the only defense she has is to say, "Well, at least im not Trump"?

It doesn't matter if Trump didn't mean to be disrespectful, he was perceived that way by the family and their company, and that's all that matters.

Nope. Intent is what matters. If someone is offended when the intent is to not offend, then the problem lies with the person who is taking offense inappropriately.

Otherwise, you can assign your own intent to anything and use it to demonize people. That just doesn't make any sense.

General Kelly's role is no longer"military". He's the White Housed Chief of Staff. Everything he does now is political. He has no right to demand blind obedience and worship like respect of government authority from private citizens. He doesn't get it!

We all know that he had to kowtow to the Moron and Chief, to clean up another PR mess. He had to compromise his integrity to try and save Trump's image, but he betrayed the hole in his soul and the fact that he has no balls!

We all don't know this. You are saying it, because you hate Trump and are echoing the talking points of the congresswoman.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I had stopped replying to political post for a long time, and have just recently started replying again. I'm so disappointed that no one seems to be open-minded anymore. And that goes for the left and the right. One of the whole purposes of this website is for us to have open discussions with one another to try to discover truth. No one seems willing to objectively entertain the idea that the other side might actually be right in any particular case. I can honestly say that President Obama has both, impressed and disappointed me, and so has President Trump. I have never met anyone who was always right, or anyone who was always wrong. In order for us to move forward, we all need to try harder to understand one another's views.
edit on 06/03/2011 by MitchL61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I love how these folks actually believe Kelly needs the White House job. He's a retired general. He could, I dunno, retire? He's serving because he wants to. There's no "he's trying to keep his job" angle. It's totally and blatantly false, just like the racism accusation. This congresswoman is deliberately lying to people, she's not just mistaken.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

AND THERE IT IS:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Congresswoman at center of fallen soldier row accuses John Kelly of being RACIST

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

I am not comparing the two of them...so why mention this?

You said she "stooped" low. I say, Trump's bar is a low as sewer rats. Compared to Trump's sewer rat posturing, Wilson soars like an eagle.

Nope. Intent is what matters.

Legally, maybe, but in matter of Public Relations. If someone perceives a communication as disrespectful, that's all that matter. Intent is irrelevant.

You are saying it, because you hate Trump and are echoing the talking points of the congresswoman.

No. I'm saying it because I have eyes, ears and a mind of my own to evaluate information. Trump violated what should have been an honorable and sacred moment of sympathy and compassion from the Commander in Chief. Kelly attacked the character of, and blamed Trump's ineptitude on Congresswoman Wilson.

Congresswomen Wilson told us the truth, Trump lied. Kelly is mad because his boss looks like the moron that he is.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

False. Congress is perfectly fine with it, since they have reauthorized it on several occasions and continue to fund it.

We are not at war, because Congress has not declared war. That is that.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Don't tell me what to say or think. I still stand by my opinion. We need more troops to look out for one another. Because we are fighting for nothing except to enrich private military contractors.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

This congresswoman is deliberately lying to people, she's not just mistaken.

What did Congresswoman Wilson say that was a lie?

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Kelly said that he would not call. He was advising not ordering. That is what a good COS does.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

We are not at war, because Congress has not declared war. That is that.

We're not at war with Niger. We're at war with terror, and it's authorized by Congress. That is that. I'll thank you in advance to stick to the truth from now on.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

if it wasn't his intent to come across the way he did, why not apologize? is the president above that somehow? he called the young man "your guy" ffs, couldn't even say his name. I've lost a son this whole thing makes me sick.

instead he tweets about the congresswomen who was a VERY close personal friend of the young man who died, called her "wacky".

that's what he does - deflects. the sign of a weak man.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join