It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Richard Spencer speech at Florida campus sparks mass protest (live stream)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Looks like it's Spencer against the people that showed up... When I was in college I would have never attended an event I had no interest in, especially political, and especially someone I didn't like. Most college kids these days are the kids we considered nerds back in 1998 and 1999 because only our parents were concerned with politics.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

Yeah well I guess I am a commie. When some one insults me and keeps pushing sometimes I smack them in the face or push them to violence by mocking them...

But yes I wish he would show how brave he is and how serious he is by going to say Benedict college or a park across the street and say this stuff.

Because white supramacists have been killing all kinds of people for years. A couple years ago a kkk leader shot up a Jewish community center, shot up a Sikh ashram, kidnapped a black couple and torched them etc...

So I am not real sure how peaceful they are...

But yes they deserve the right to speak. The real answer is just fire them, out them, ignore them.

Sometimes I also speed on a 40mph road. Which is against the law.

Personally I think if your willing to play with fire you are also willing to be burned.

Not an idealic first amendment stance I know. But it's my right to say this just like it's his right to want and destroy the constitution and make a fascist state.
edit on 19-10-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
Good.
You want free speech? Go to Walmart. Just keep it off of campus.

Agree, campus is no place for free speech...
With Walmart the one truism is spandex is a privilege and not a right...

The best way to protest someone's speech is to ignore it. As like the old question if a tree falls in a forest, and no one was there, is there sound...If a person gives a speech and no one was there to hear it was there a speech?

These protests are exactly what people like Spencer wants...Spencer is the tail waging the dog called protesters....

edit on 19-10-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
weird 2nd post
edit on 19-10-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

Not really sure why folks protest people speaking, personally I find it better to ignore the folks I don't like.

Now, you stop using logic and start reacting with emotions like the rest of the folks, you hear?!

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

originally posted by: KawRider9

Not really sure why folks protest people speaking, personally I find it better to ignore the folks I don't like.

Now, you stop using logic and start reacting with emotions like the rest of the folks, you hear?!

I agree they should ignore him, however I think they are protesting things like overland park which is what happens when these folks spread their speech.

And I blame monster energy drinks and George soros.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

That being said there will come a point when he stops the operation of a university which is also a business. It will be a strange point to debate when that happens. I don't know what the answer to that will be.

I disagree with this thought--ANY university that allows him to speak on campus knows his message and understands the potential consequences, meaning they would be implicit in their own shut down. Furthermore, it would be the way that people choose to react to a guy saying words that would cause the shut down, not the guy saying the words.

See, I can't help but keep reiterating this fact in threads like these: In a (relatively) free society, people have the right to say stupid, hateful things in a public forum, and people have the choice to either (a) ignore the person, (b) listen and agree, (c) listen and disagree, or (d) peacefully protest against or rally in support. What they don't have a right to do is riot (illegally assemble) in response to a guy saying things, and that goes for both sides.

So, if a university gets shut down, it will most likely be the fault of the reaction of the people on the campus and not the speaker. I just like assigning culpability where it is earned/deserved.

ETA:

And I blame monster energy drinks ...

Yes...I can see culpability there as well.

edit on 19-10-2017 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-10-2017 by SlapMonkey because: added "(a) ignore the person"

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
Remember the days when no one really gave these morons any time of day?

The media sure does go out of it's way nowadays to highlight the movings of these once far fringe elements of society, and it's lapped up in gulps.

Ever ask yourself why that may be?

Trolling into existence an imperialist international white power movement has often been my impression over the last year.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Yeah well I guess I am a commie. When some one insults me and keeps pushing sometimes I smack them in the face or push them to violence by mocking them...

But yes I wish he would show how brave he is and how serious he is by going to say Benedict college or a park across the street and say this stuff.

Because white supramacists have been killing all kinds of people for years. A couple years ago a kkk leader shot up a Jewish community center, shot up a Sikh ashram, kidnapped a black couple and torched them etc...

So I am not real sure how peaceful they are...

But yes they deserve the right to speak. The real answer is just fire them, out them, ignore them.

Sometimes I also speed on a 40mph road. Which is against the law.

Personally I think if your willing to play with fire you are also willing to be burned.

Not an idealic first amendment stance I know. But it's my right to say this just like it's his right to want and destroy the constitution and make a fascist state.

Ok, I don't think many people agree with this guy, but when was the last time a KKK leader, or even member, shot up a Jewish Community center, shot up the next one you said, or kidnapped and torched a black person?

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I wish they could dig him up saying he has an intention to create a riot.

Or that people simply ignore him.

Ignoring him is the best route. S-birds like him crave attention and the negative attention helps him create his whole victimhood rallying cry.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
1. Protesting him only makes gives him more notoriety.

Yup, that is exactly what he wants, the more negative the event the more it feeds his persona and cause.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
And can we all agree to just start referring to Richard Spencer simply as "Dick?"

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

That being said there will come a point when he stops the operation of a university which is also a business. It will be a strange point to debate when that happens. I don't know what the answer to that will be.

I disagree with this thought--ANY university that allows him to speak on campus knows his message and understands the potential consequences, meaning they would be implicit in their own shut down. Furthermore, it would be the way that people choose to react to a guy saying words that would cause the shut down, not the guy saying the words.

See, I can't help but keep reiterating this fact in threads like these: In a (relatively) free society, people have the right to say stupid, hateful things in a public forum, and people have the choice to either (a) listen and agree, (b) listen and disagree, or (c) peacefully protest against or rally in support. What they don't have a right to do is riot (illegally assemble) in response to a guy saying things, and that goes for both sides.

So, if a university gets shut down, it will most likely be the fault of the reaction of the people on the campus and not the speaker. I just like assigning culpability where it is earned/deserved.

The thing is commerce doesn't care. And your correct it will be both people causing the shut down of commerce.

I don't really have a side but the debate is a real one that takes place in city government. Whether or not it's ideal. Sometimes protests are not given permits or locations changed to insure it doesn't happen.

Most universities require a student group to sponsor the guest.

I know people get nuts about the freedom of speech but their are actually practical sides to it whether or not it's admitted by folks.

Like pretty sure after the neo nazi shot up overland park community center it would be valid to not give a permit for Richard Spencer the next day.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Supremacism isn't strictly the domain of racial groups.

Black supramacists do the same BS. As well as SJW supremacists, muslim supremacists, catholic supremacists, and so on everywhere you go every group of people will have factions of supremacists that allbehave the same way because thats what happens when HOMO SAPIENS get in ideological groups.

Therefore, dwelling in the past is the stuff of supremacists, and the root of all cycles of unending violence.

And this position is proven by the fact that SJW's trolled white supremacists back into being an actual 'thing' again. They were old news before your tribe started screaming oppression (while having a black POTUS etc etc etc etc etc).

So way to carry the torch. You're all the same thing bitching and throwing rocks about the same thing.

link   

And can we all agree to just start referring to Richard Spencer simply as "Dick?"

He'd probably like that. Call him Richie instead, makes him sound wussified.

link   
a reply to: LSU0408

Everything I mentioned was in the last 10 years.

There is about 70 more cases as well.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: theantediluvian
1. Protesting him only makes gives him more notoriety.

Yup, that is exactly what he wants, the more negative the event the more it feeds his persona and cause.

They even all said that at the very end of the event just now.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Yes any group that collectively plans violence should not be considered healthy.

This thread happened to be about Spencer. So I mentioned the overland park shooting.

link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: JinMI
Remember the days when no one really gave these morons any time of day?

The media sure does go out of it's way nowadays to highlight the movings of these once far fringe elements of society, and it's lapped up in gulps.

Ever ask yourself why that may be?

Trolling into existence an imperialist international white power movement has often been my impression over the last year.

These "fringe," groups also used a vehicle as a weapon to murder Heather Meyers and injure other protestors.

But who am I kidding, I've seen ATS members piss all over Heather's name and defend the driver, Fields, so my point is honestly moot.

Funny, I have yet to see an ATS thread on this.

I wonder why.

The Anticom chat logs show a strong theme of a desire to injure and/or murder antifascists and leftists, generally justified under the pretext of “self-defense.”

The self-proclaimed leader of Anticom goes by ‘Seth’, a young white male living in or near Charlotte, North Carolina. In most copies of the chat logs we obtained, he instead appears with the username ‘Haupstürmfuhrer Pepe’. (‘Haupstürmfuhrer’ was a title given to paramilitary commanders in Hitler’s SS.)

While the server was still in its first day of use, Anticom chat user “Odalist Refrain” posted about the need to “drive the desert invader out” and proceeded to recommend bombing “a major federal building”

Some in the chat went further and expressed explicit desires to commit murder, making statements such as “run them over” and “I want to kill lefties so bad.”

The next day, February 3, Anticom chat user ‘webdevanon’ outlined a four-step plan to “hunt down antifags” which included watching an ISIS “kitchen video” about how “to make a bomb out of household ingredients”, and go to the next protest disguised as antifa “with backpack and black block” and “do it Boston bomber style.”

These salt-right broflakes are insane.

link   
Best line from the whole thing:

"White people should be banned from college."

From one of Spencers little mini-me's. I'm so glad I watched this live. It was fun watching Spencer deflect and squirm when people called him out on his BS.

Everyone on the alt-right, this is your leader.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join