It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill 62 Quebec Bans face covering in public services citing North Americans first

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Agree that all faces should not be covered unless it's winter time...

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

So is this supposed to be a fashion statement or a terrorist plot?

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011
a reply to: nwtrucker

So is this supposed to be a fashion statement or a terrorist plot?

Hiding identities is useful if one has bad intentions. It's as simple as that.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

I think that service that requires ID should have a mandate that facial coverings must be removed, even if just briefly, in order to verify identity.

Other than that, cover up if you want to, just be a law-abiding citizen and there should be no harm, no foul.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Agree that all faces should not be covered unless it's winter time...

It's Canada...that's a lot of months out of the year

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
In all probability, this is so the overlords can use their facial recognition software with their surveillance cams.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
They have a "burka-ban" in austria now.
Good to know that there are only 150 women wearing face covers in austria.

And who is hit by the ban:

This guy has to pay 150Euro because he did his work and to ran around with that shark costume.
And there is the story of the women that likes to wear huge scarfs, for whatever reason. She said she will take her matters to court, if necessary. But she is not going to stop wearing her beloved scarfs. She had to pay 50 Euro till now.

What´s next, law tells you that you have to wear a helmet while riding a motorbike, but the cops stop you and you have to pay 150Euro, because of the face covering ban???

Are there really still people out there believing that all that "anti-terror" crap is for the security of the people???

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
This makes sense, just like when voting, you need to show your face, good bill.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 01:23 AM
link   
So, the 1.52% (Out of date stats are out of date) do not want to adhere to the 98.48% of Quebec?

If I walk into a bank over here with a bike helmet on and refuse to take it off, I am seen as an aggressor with bad intentions, anything covering my face = bad.

A follower of the Islamic faith whom dons the burqa is considered safe. I remember a few years back there was a spate of robberies in London from a man wearing a burqa. I honestly never knew if they caught him but it goes to show what people are capable of.

That aside, I agree with this law. Dont like it? Walk.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I read in the paper today that Israel is critical of this. If they are saying this is wrong might want to give it more thought.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join