It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman who killed daughter to be sterilized!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jadette
Think of the nearly irrational outrage that occurs when anyone speaks of having any sort of control over a person's ability to procreate? Or of having any sort of influence over the children themselves that doesn't come through some sort of permission of the parents? Because at some intrinsic level, most people feel children are the property of their parents.

Well, in a materialistic society, anything is defined as material... but there's a bit more to it, namely that there is fear of the alternative, namely that children (directly) become government property instead. semantics, really, you're not allowed to do certain things to your body, go figure who really owns it.

I've always found it ridiculous that , for example, you have to have a license to drive a car, but any old fool can produce any number of children on a whim. For any reason. And yet, isn't that a greater responsibility than learning to drive? A life?
What is it that makes people feel this way? Some whisper from our DNA, urging us to fight anything that gets in the way of continuing its line?

See above, i'm certain the world would be better off without such characters breeding like rabbits, producing people with little or no perspective in their lives, but the alternative is remote control of procreation, as in Gattaca if you don't mind me using that metaphor.

I may be off but that's my reasoning.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeeze louise

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Thank God there is a Judge out there who has the guts to do what should be done. I hope this sets a precedence and that it is used more often in our courtrooms. There are some people who just should not have children and this woman is certainly one of them!

I agree with you.

They should do the same with child predators.

[edit on 4-4-2006 by NuclearHead]

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I do not believe this woman should be sterilized.

That is not enough.

I am usualy not a supporter of the death penalty, but this woman deserves to die for what she did, if it has been proven beyond a reasonable doubt that she did it

<< 1  2  3   >>

join