It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tycoon George Soros transfers $18bn to his Open Society Foundations

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Dear ATS Readers, Writers,

Here again we have this low life Soros actively meddling in USA affairs, and promoting violence and upheaval. To the tune of 18 Billion.

Billionaire investor George Soros has given away nearly $18 billion to his Open Society Foundations, transforming it into the “second largest” charity in the US after the Bill and Melinda Gates’ Foundation. The magnate intends to “leave the vast majority of his wealth to the Open Society Foundations,” the chief of the group’s strategic communications and public affairs, Laura Silber, said, as quoted by AFP.

The investment heavyweight set up the Open Society Foundations in 1984. It has since become the target of criticism among the billionaire’s other projects.

The charity has been accused of inciting so-called color revolutions to install governments friendly to the US – from the Serbian 'Bulldozer Revolution' in 2000 to the Ukrainian uprising in 2013.On Tuesday, the 87-year-old tycoon moved the hefty sum from his personal funds into his non-profit group, the Wall Street Journal and Financial Times report. Soros, the 29th richest man in the world with a net worth of more than $25 billion according to Forbes, had reportedly been working on the transfer for several years.

Tycoon George Soros transfers $18bn to his Open Society Foundations

Seriously folks, how does this scumbag continue to get away with it, around the world?!?!?

A couple countries have it in for him, Hungary for one I know.

WHY isn't he being "shut down" in the USA??? Arrested even? Locked up and throw away the key thing?

It is a huge elephant in the living room folks; and nobody seems to want to stop this monster.

Pravdaseeker

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   
So, he is giving his money to groups of individuals who might use violence to force change to the type of society he wants in place? Yeah, I can see a rich guy with a very controlling nature doing that. He may wind up being more of a problem after he dies than he is already. He might actually get taken of his money by the people receiving it too, once they get all that cash, they may dump relations with him and go spend it on whatever trouble they want to cause. Once they have his money, they won't be following his orders anymore, they may humor him along and then do what they want.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Wonder where the funds are kept for these Open Society Foundations? If in the US, they could be seized/frozen if it could be determined that there was intent to undermine the stability of the government. This is serious concern, to say the least.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Dear ATS Readers, Writers,

Hey there rickymouse, thanks for your input.

Yeah, you got a interesting point. Once he passes away for sure; then those fortunes are used for whatever...or could be.

I just don't understand why the US government isn't going after him. They darn well know he is paying for a lot of this unrest going on in the USA.

It is like "rent a riot" has hit the streets of the USA.

And yes, without his "control" things could become much worse. (which is kinda hard to believe, since we are looking down the barrel of WW3)

All this other stuff going on, and this Soros garbage marches on unheeded.. I don't get it.

It must be being allowed on purpose is all I can figure. It is the only thing that makes sense. Because his crimes are so obvious.

Pravdaseeker

a reply to: rickymouse

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Devastate the currencies of small nations across the globe by shorting them and creating sell off panicks, to then take the money and cause further manipulations, and call it "philanthropy"and be showered with accolades by the MSM.
edit on 18-10-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: pravdaseeker

I saw this story today. His foundation is, dollar-wise, second only to the Gates Foundation.

He's paid off too many to be charged or even investigated, formally. I see only one out.....

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Talk to Trump about it, not us. We know the message already. It is bounced around these forums like marbles from a jar. Tell Trump. If Soros is really such a big shot, such a wart in the side of freedom, let Trump take him on.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   
How many guns and apc's can Antifa buy with that? What else could this money be used for?
edit on 19-10-2017 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-10-2017 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   
This revelation of such a huge amount of money being used secretly by such an evil entity is truly disturbing.

It's more than enough to buy small countries and greatly influence large swaths of unhappy campers that could disrupt and kill many citizens.

His reputation for buying off and mobilizing many dubious situations around the world earns him a place in the history books.

The interesting part is he is 87 and perhaps failing health is pushing him towards his final big show with fireworks and a parade and that truly is frightening considering his past and present behavior.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   

He gets away with the things he does because no one out there has put his azz down...yet....

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I find it humorous the number of ATS members who reduce themselves to vapours over what Soros does, but are totally ok with what the Koch brothers do.

Wake up.

They both feel they own democracy...

Missing the point in 3,2,1...

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Seriously folks, how does this scumbag continue to get away with it, around the world?!?!?

People like him do not follow the rules, they write the rules.

Its really simple if you put the right pieces together .

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Those protesters don't get bused in and paid without his funds. He just doesn't have to hide it anymore since the lib media gives it a pass.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

It seems you may not be American, so I'll be glad to give you the benefit of the doubt and ask: how do you think the United States should "shut down" an individual for giving their monies to whatever charities they choose?

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas
I find it humorous the number of ATS members who reduce themselves to vapours over what Soros does, but are totally ok with what the Koch brothers do.

Wake up.

I'd venture a guess that for the most part, Soros and the Kochs have the same goal now.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
This revelation of such a huge amount of money being used secretly by such an evil entity is truly disturbing.

It's more than enough to buy small countries and greatly influence large swaths of unhappy campers that could disrupt and kill many citizens.

His reputation for buying off and mobilizing many dubious situations around the world earns him a place in the history books.

The interesting part is he is 87 and perhaps failing health is pushing him towards his final big show with fireworks and a parade and that truly is frightening considering his past and present behavior.

I'm way out on a limb on the legal ramifications on this, but I would hazard to guess that seizing those funds wouldn't fly, but, freezing the funds? Not unlike say Iran's with sufficient evidence of wrong doing? That would effectively make illegal use a lot tougher. Just a thought.
edit on 19-10-2017 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
So, he is giving his money to groups of individuals who might use violence to force change to the type of society he wants in place? Yeah, I can see a rich guy with a very controlling nature doing that. He may wind up being more of a problem after he dies than he is already. He might actually get taken of his money by the people receiving it too, once they get all that cash, they may dump relations with him and go spend it on whatever trouble they want to cause. Once they have his money, they won't be following his orders anymore, they may humor him along and then do what they want.

I couldn't tell if you were talking about Soros, or the U.S. Government.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Let's just IGNORE the Mercers and the Koch Brothers...

Sound like a PLAN?

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas

Wake up.

ATS is OK with the Koch Brothers because they haven't been told to be UPSET with them...

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
This is rather concerning, given the pretty hefty amount of circumstantial (but not conclusive) evidence that he or extensions of himself (eww) are funding a lot of the (un)civil unrest in our nation over the past few years, at least.

The University of Cincinnati has decided to allow Richard Spencer to speak on their campus, and if Soros' money is funding a lot of the violence done by Antifa and other instigators, this is not going to be a good thing now that they have billions of dollars at their disposal.

I live in the Greater Cincinnati Metro Area, so this is a concern--both sides can get heated, and with Ohio being an open-carry state AND a state that allows non-students to carry on-campus (but not in buildings), the threat of some major violence is pretty real. As of now, though, there is no set date and time for ol' Dick to show up and spew hate, so we'll have to wait and see if he even actually shows up.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join