It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI informant blocked from telling Congress about Russia nuclear corruption case

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   
To start with, there is this thread here that shows that the Obama admin knew about crimes involving the players in Uranium one before the deal was signed and still let it through.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I feel this article deserves it own thread.

An American businessman who worked for years undercover as an FBI confidential witness was blocked by the Obama Justice Department from telling Congress about conversations and transactions he witnessed related to the Russian nuclear industry's efforts to win favor with Bill and Hillary Clinton and influence Obama administration decisions, his lawyer tells The Hill.

Attorney Victoria Toensing, a former Reagan Justice Department official and former chief counsel of the Senate Intelligence Committee, said Tuesday she is working with members of Congress to see if they can get the Trump Justice Department or the FBI to free her client to talk to lawmakers.

“All of the information about this corruption has not come out,” she said in an interview Tuesday. “And so my client, the same part of my client that made him go into the FBI in the first place, says, 'This is wrong. What should I do about it?'”

Toensing said she also possesses memos that recount how the Justice Department last year threatened her client when he attempted to file a lawsuit that could have drawn attention to the Russian corruption during the 2016 presidential race as well as helped him recover some of the money Russians stole from him through kickbacks during the FBI probe.

thehill.com...

If true, this is damning for Obama and company.

Not only did they know through an informant of criminality going on by players in the Uranium one deal, but they didn't infor congress which they should have.

But now we find out the they may have threatened in 2016 the informant from informing congress.

What could they possibly have to hide 6 years after the deal? Why should congress not be informed?

The article says that the man claims to have info about the people giving money trying to win favor with the clintons.

It also says Fbi people (which I would want to see evidence before I believe) told the informant political pressure was put on them to keep specific evidence that would have tanked the uranium one deal from getting out.

If these allegations are true, this is a bombshell. Congress should talk to this man immediately.
edit on Wed Oct 18 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed overly long quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

+23 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

The Leftists want us to believe that Trump is in bed with Putin to cover up the sad fact that Obama, Hillary and Putin have had many 3-ways the last 8 years.
edit on 18-10-2017 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

Them Leftists want us to believe that Trump is in bed with Putin to cover up the sad fact that Obama, Hillary and Putin have had many 3-ways the last 8 years.

Well as they said, investigating Russia is so important because it could mean the overthrow of our country.

So I am guessing everyone will have no problem leaving this informant tell his story to Congress.

Surely cnn, the nyt, msnbc, etc that are all so concerned with Russia will be demanding this man's story be heard.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   
congress only wants the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth as long as it makes them look good, so if the truth will make them look bad you won`t be allowed to testify.

it`s congress, you don`t honestly expect honor, integrity, and truth from them, do you?
edit on 18-10-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

"Was" blocked. What's the status going forward?

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

"Was" blocked. What's the status going forward?

Well I saw the author of Clinton cash say on Tucker that there should be no reason sessions couldn't give this guy permission to talk.

Hopefully he does just that.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

The Leftists want us to believe that Trump is in bed with Putin to cover up the sad fact that Obama, Hillary and Putin have had many 3-ways the last 8 years.

One doesn't negate the other. I bet if open portfolios it is a bipartisan issue.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

It could be the troubling trend of Cia deals that JFK warned us about. Trying to set up a larger operation that they can get more info from but turning into the bad guy in the process.

Like favoring one cartel they can control by attacking the enemies.
edit on 18-10-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Grassley has asked this informant to testify before Congress.

www.circa.com...

Great!

Let's hear what the Obama administration was so afraid to let the public know.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler Do you think congress would imput themselves into such a thing that could cost them both supporters votes. I don't think so. Down the rabbit hole you go.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Tagging your thread to follow ...I wonder if the guy is "Hudson" that has been on CSTT (crowed source the truth) Jason Goodman has a YT channel . They have talked a bit on uranium but it has links to Pakistan if I remember correctly .
not sure this is the best one ...it may be the first time they talked about it .
edit on 19-10-2017 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)
This is probably a better one

edit on 19-10-2017 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Let's see ... another article from the same pair (JOHN SOLOMON AND ALISON SPANN) that wrote the other article in The Hill that is desperately attempting to gin up confusion between a case against a Russian criminal working covertly in the US, the Uranium One merger approval, and Bill and Hillary Clinton and the Clinton Foundation.

I'd like to bring everyone's attention to a few items directly from the article cited here:

Sources told The Hill the informant's work was crucial to the government's ability to crack a multimillion dollar racketeering scheme by Russian nuclear officials on U.S. soil that involved bribery, kickbacks, money laundering and extortion. In the end, the main Russian executive sent to the U.S. to expand Russian President Vladimir Putin's nuclear business, an executive of an American trucking firm and a Russian financier from New Jersey pled guilty to various crimes in a case that started in 2009 and ended in late 2015.

The efforts of the FBI investigation resulted in the aforementioned Russian criminals and their American accomplice being convicted in 2015.

Readers should keep in mind that the 'informant" in the case is the same individual that the article is pointing to as being improperly suppressed by the Obama Administration:

Toensing said the confidential witness identified in those court documents is her client.

Working as a confidential witness, the businessman made kickback payments to the Russians with the approval of his FBI handlers and gathered other evidence, the records show.

So let's follow this string of so-called logic through the multiple threads started on the back of these two articles ... CFIUS (the ten heads of Cabinet-level departments as well as the Nuclear Regulatory Commission) were supposedly ALL compromised when the Uranium One deal was approved in 2010 because the government was building a case against Russian criminals associated loosely with one of the companies involved in the Uranium One merger, and even though the Obama Administration followed through and got a conviction on the Russian criminals in 2015, all this still points, in the minds of some, toward deep corruption that ultimately benefited the Clintons back in 2007-8.

The case (involving a CONFIDENTIAL INFORMANT WORKING FOR THE FBI) was started in 2009, the Uranium One deal was settled in 2010, and the Russian figure involved was convicted in 2015.

Let that sting of BS settle in for a minute. Anything about those dates jump out at you? Any problem with the members of CFIUS knowing about a CONFIDENTIAL STING OPERATION going on starting in 2009 that didn't complete until 2015???

This "confidential informant" wants to be able to talk abut the confidential work he did, but can't because in the course of working undercover, he signed an NDA ... a Non-Disclosure Agreement that is standard practice with those who are working covertly for the government!

Toensing added her client has had contact from multiple congressional committees seeking information about what he witnessed inside the Russian nuclear industry and has been unable to provide that informationbecause of the NDA.

So the "unlawful suppression" involved here is the enforcement of an NDA regarding a confidential investigation into Russian interference in our country's operation???

The attorney is referencing "all this corruption" that is supposedly still taking place that has gone unnoticed ... you know, except for the central figures of the Russian efforts in the US that were investigated beginning in 2009 and convicted in 2015.

Why the hell not? More bread-and-circuses for the base, right?

I look forward to Trump's Administration lifting the NDA on this boob and letting the Russians have even greater insight into the way our investigations of Foreign Agents acting domestically work. I look forward to a Republican Congress DESPERATE to distract the public away from their utter failures at governance as well as the blatant incompetence of Trump wasting tens of millions more taxpayer's dollars spilling this stupid garbage across the media for months only to find that there was no wrong-doing on the part of anyone involved sometime after the 2018 mid-terms.

Jesus Christ - and this garbage from The Hill passes muster for valid journalism and this thread as valued content at ATS these days.

I'm done.
edit on 19-10-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Triggered?

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Wow, what are you on about.

Yes, this informant was the same guy the chi said was crucial to making their case.

The members of the panel may not have been conpromised, they like Congress may not have been informed of the criminality.

I don't get what you are trying to say?

You don't want this guy to testify because revealing Obama and Hillary corruption would help Russia?

Man you are a partisan joke.

I guess we should end the Mueller investigation too, because it could show Russia how ow process works.

The fact is we know Hillary took 140 million dollars from people involved with this deal.

We know that the chi says this informant was key in proving one of the central figures in this deal was extorting and bribing people for the Russians.

And now this informant is claiming to have info that he is being silenced about that shows this bribery was far worse than has been let on, but the Obama admin silenced him.

Your apparent anger at him testifying is just proof you have no interests in getting to the bottom of Russian influence.

You are scared that your precious team may end up looking very bad.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   

What am I on about? I'm simply responding to another one of your posts packed full of partisan lies.

That's the funniest part of this post of yours by the way ... that you claim I'm a partisan hack, when in the last 24 hours you've started multiple threads about the same issue, based on the same articles, making the same vapid dishonest claims ... all right out of RW media, right on schedule.

Apparently, you don't read and comprehend either. Check out the last paragraph in the post you're responding to. I WANT this little numb-neck to testify before Congress, across all of RW media, heck, give him his own talkshow on Fox!

Let's investigate everyone all the time! We will make the tiny last step of transition to 24/7 political theatre. Forget the facts, forget truth, forget anything but whatever partisan-based BS your particular channel provides you with.

Investigate Clinton. Investigate the Clinton Foundation. Hell, 7 or 8 investigations on Benghazi weren't enough to satisfy the RW media circus ... so let's have more! Let's investigate everything she's ever done on any day of her life. Let's give credence and airtime to anyone who claims they know anything about anything, as long as it fits a particular favored political narrative. (Which is hilarious when you claim you don't have one, btw.)

My precious team dude? I'm a team of one. You're the one that's made multiple topics in the last 24 hours about the same partisan BS ... carrying water for the same "but I'm not right wing" crowd, repeating obvious known lies regardless of any evidence you're shown repeatedly in thread after thread, and right on schedule with the RW media echo-chamber.

The informant in your story is not "being silenced" he's under an NDA that he signed in order to do "covert work. " Can you AT LEAST be honest about that?

I'll make a prediction. The Trump DOJ will waive the agreement, and this darling will spout a lot of nothing with zero evidence that is unsubstantiated and unprovable in front of sympathetic Republican Committees, and will then be the next Bill Binney and be rolled out by RW media whenever it needs an "expert" to backup cockamamie claims.

Be sure to keep him in your sights; he'll be perfect backup for another multitude of empty innuendos.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy

Triggered?

Indeed I am triggered in the absolute truest sense of the term.

I'm appalled that the state of "journalism" in this country allows an article like the OP's tripe to reach our airwaves and screens.

I'm disgusted that multiple threads can be started based on nothing more than another rehashing of the same screed.

I'm incensed that complete fabrications that have been demonstrated as such with hard evidence still get passed along as the same mummers chant the same feculent nonsense.

Damn right I'm triggered.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Funny: What could they possibly have to hide 6 years after the deal?

Everything. A common thread through almost every scandal being unveiled are the same familiar names. If they ever honestly pull back the covers on this, one thing will lead to another and the whole house of cards comes down. Not just Democrat cards either. Plenty of GOP have their hands in the cookie jar as well.

Awangate
- Iran Contra X 100
- Drug trafficking
- Selling Arms to terrorists
- Depleted Uranium (a real cash cow)
- Human Traffiking
- more being exposed if we get our heads out of MSM
Pedophile rings
Ties to Hollywood graft and perversion
The whole DNC scam
There's more but I gotta go to work and slave for my masters

Cheers!

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   

I'd add to the :desperate Republicans" statement that the mid-terms are coming and they want to look good. Still not holding out hope they will push this. After all, they may all be complicit or somehow benefit from remaining silent (corporate money, foreign govt deals, Soros etc)

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mike.Ockizard

I'd add to the :desperate Republicans" statement that the mid-terms are coming and they want to look good. Still not holding out hope they will push this. After all, they may all be complicit or somehow benefit from remaining silent (corporate money, foreign govt deals, Soros etc)

They'll push it far enough to capture a few news cycles, and then the water porters will be chanting "we all remember that the Obama Administration silenced another patriot" garbage, just like the claims about Clinton selling uranium and Pokemon stealing the election.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   

it reeks of desperation doesn't it? it's funny.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join